Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Nikki Grahame 17:57 - Apr 10 with 1180 viewsSwailsey

Very sadly lost her battle with the bastard A it seems.

Poor woman.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

RIP Nikki Grahame on 18:11 - Apr 10 with 1026 viewsArnoldMoorhen

That is f cking horrible news.

I hate what image culture does to young women. There may be more to it in this case, which is none of my, or anyone else's, business, but it is so sad to see young women fail to believe in their inner beauty.

It's really hard to help teenage girls growing up to believe that they are beautiful, without complimenting their looks, which in turn reinforces that that is where their value lies. I've done a lot of youth work over the years, and one of the young women I worked with was in and out of eating disorder units. Such a difficult thing to support someone through.

I was incredibly hard on any of the lads who said anything disparaging about the looks of the girls. I also challenged girls when they criticised their own looks. That's a difficult thing to do as an older, heterosexual man, because it would be problematic to compliment their looks, but I would say that I hated that society and the media had managed to make them see themselves that way, and that they shouldn't buy into the myth that was being pushed on them to make them unhappy in order to make them buy beauty products and clothes.

If you ever hear a man, especially young men, criticise a woman's looks then confront them. Explain what it does to a young woman's self-esteem. And when we catch ourselves doing it we need to give ourselves a metaphorical kick in the balls.

Oh, this is just horrible.
RIP Nikki Grahame on 18:16 - Apr 10 with 953 viewsRomeo4

So very sad.
RIP Nikki Grahame on 18:48 - Apr 10 with 768 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Very sad indeed..... she managed to bring some personality to BB amongst an awful lot of beige and its tragic that didn't give her the platform to be able to access the help clearly needed.

Anorexia is at its core a mental illness and which can with the right support be beaten which to me at least makes this all the sadder.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

RIP Nikki Grahame on 18:58 - Apr 10 with 717 viewsfloridablue

RIP Nikki Grahame on 18:11 - Apr 10 by ArnoldMoorhen

That is f cking horrible news.

I hate what image culture does to young women. There may be more to it in this case, which is none of my, or anyone else's, business, but it is so sad to see young women fail to believe in their inner beauty.

It's really hard to help teenage girls growing up to believe that they are beautiful, without complimenting their looks, which in turn reinforces that that is where their value lies. I've done a lot of youth work over the years, and one of the young women I worked with was in and out of eating disorder units. Such a difficult thing to support someone through.

I was incredibly hard on any of the lads who said anything disparaging about the looks of the girls. I also challenged girls when they criticised their own looks. That's a difficult thing to do as an older, heterosexual man, because it would be problematic to compliment their looks, but I would say that I hated that society and the media had managed to make them see themselves that way, and that they shouldn't buy into the myth that was being pushed on them to make them unhappy in order to make them buy beauty products and clothes.

If you ever hear a man, especially young men, criticise a woman's looks then confront them. Explain what it does to a young woman's self-esteem. And when we catch ourselves doing it we need to give ourselves a metaphorical kick in the balls.

Oh, this is just horrible.

Well thought out reply to this sad news... thank you for making me more aware.
RIP Nikki Grahame on 19:13 - Apr 10 with 663 viewsazuremerlangus

As sad as it is I have no idea who she is/was - I have never watched Big Brother.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024