Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defence 18:03 - Apr 10 with 765 viewschrismakin

Why are defenders included in the 'must get rid' list

It's incredibly solid for this level

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Defence on 18:04 - Apr 10 with 739 viewsWD19

Part of the reason it is solid because the entire midfield is sitting 5 yards in front of it and going nowhere. If we had a functioning attacking game our defence might look very different.
Defence on 18:06 - Apr 10 with 713 viewsjayessess

Worse than Fleetwood's defence...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Defence on 18:09 - Apr 10 with 702 viewschrismakin

Defence on 18:04 - Apr 10 by WD19

Part of the reason it is solid because the entire midfield is sitting 5 yards in front of it and going nowhere. If we had a functioning attacking game our defence might look very different.

Would it? i'd say it would put less pressure on them as we'd actually be scoring some goals
and in the 4 2 3 1 we would still have midfield sitting infront of them when we haven't got the ball

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Defence on 18:12 - Apr 10 with 665 viewsTieDyedIn95

Solid?

This is the new myth isn't it, takeover from our excellent midfield. We have dropped points all season due to defensive cock ups. We haven't played anyone worth a toss for weeks and suddenly our backline is flawless. Toto has improved under Cook but he's always got a mistake in him, Wilson works hard but is bang average for this division, Ward and Chambers are too old realistically, and Woolfie is still in development. As for our keepers, they are as howler prone as Toto is.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Defence on 18:15 - Apr 10 with 635 viewsJ2BLUE

What like Chambers?

Do you remember your opinion on Chambers? From like three days ago?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Defence on 18:15 - Apr 10 with 636 viewschrismakin

Defence on 18:12 - Apr 10 by TieDyedIn95

Solid?

This is the new myth isn't it, takeover from our excellent midfield. We have dropped points all season due to defensive cock ups. We haven't played anyone worth a toss for weeks and suddenly our backline is flawless. Toto has improved under Cook but he's always got a mistake in him, Wilson works hard but is bang average for this division, Ward and Chambers are too old realistically, and Woolfie is still in development. As for our keepers, they are as howler prone as Toto is.

But it's league 1, there will be cockups, that's football.

I think Cook will replace part of it, but it just surprises me to still see Toto's name being mentioned.

Defence on 18:23 - Apr 10 with 593 viewsBlueBadger

Defence on 18:15 - Apr 10 by J2BLUE

What like Chambers?

I don't think he remembers his opinions from 3 minutes ago.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Defence on 18:33 - Apr 10 with 565 viewschrismakin

Defence on 18:15 - Apr 10 by J2BLUE

What like Chambers?

Who mentioned chambers J2

Login to get fewer ads

Defence on 18:38 - Apr 10 with 540 viewsChrisd

It's hard to disagree that statistically our defence isn't too bad, but I think you'd be naïve to believe that there aren't positions within that backline that can't be improved to make it even better.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Defence on 18:39 - Apr 10 with 535 viewschrismakin

Defence on 18:38 - Apr 10 by Chrisd

It's hard to disagree that statistically our defence isn't too bad, but I think you'd be naïve to believe that there aren't positions within that backline that can't be improved to make it even better.

Depends on the funding available, i'd rather see it concentrated on Attacking areas as a priority which in itself won't be cheap as it needs a complete overhaul.

Defence on 18:39 - Apr 10 with 531 viewsJ2BLUE

Defence on 18:33 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

Who mentioned chambers J2

He's a defender mate...

Truly impaired.

Defence on 18:42 - Apr 10 with 524 viewschrismakin

Defence on 18:39 - Apr 10 by J2BLUE

He's a defender mate...

Yeah I know, but im talking about Toto, wolfy, the latest ones to join the list of those people want out, ( saw a post earlier but can't find it otherwise i would have replied on it.

You know my thoughts on chambers, if he stays he stays. i'd rather not, but without going into our weekly boxing match on why, we'll leave it there lol.

Defence on 18:43 - Apr 10 with 516 viewsJ2BLUE

Defence on 18:42 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

Yeah I know, but im talking about Toto, wolfy, the latest ones to join the list of those people want out, ( saw a post earlier but can't find it otherwise i would have replied on it.

You know my thoughts on chambers, if he stays he stays. i'd rather not, but without going into our weekly boxing match on why, we'll leave it there lol.

That was very unclear.

You're asking why people are arguing for the same thing you are arguing for. Bit strange.

Truly impaired.

Defence on 18:44 - Apr 10 with 506 viewsChrisd

Defence on 18:39 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

Depends on the funding available, i'd rather see it concentrated on Attacking areas as a priority which in itself won't be cheap as it needs a complete overhaul.

Can't disagree, we've got quite a few areas we need to improve if I'm being brutally honest, but I just didn't want to be too greedy. Can't disagree about the attacking options, Norwood is out best striker, however we need better than him going into next season. The midfield is also a big concern for me, it just doesn't offer anything that it should.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Defence on 18:45 - Apr 10 with 505 viewschrismakin

Defence on 18:43 - Apr 10 by J2BLUE

That was very unclear.

You're asking why people are arguing for the same thing you are arguing for. Bit strange.

No coz theirs is playing reasons, as you know mine isn't that with Chambers

Defence on 18:46 - Apr 10 with 493 viewsJ2BLUE

Defence on 18:45 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

No coz theirs is playing reasons, as you know mine isn't that with Chambers

I see.

Truly impaired.

Defence on 18:46 - Apr 10 with 489 viewsMetal_Hacker

Defence on 18:23 - Apr 10 by BlueBadger

I don't think he remembers his opinions from 3 minutes ago.

Minutes ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024