Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook 19:26 - Apr 10 with 5666 viewsHarryB

im interested in people's thoughts. would you be upset if cook walked or do you think that we would be okay with someone else? i personally think that cook is the man to take us forward and i am interested in other's opinions.
Paul Cook on 19:28 - Apr 10 with 3254 viewsitfcjoe

I’d like him to stay but if he goes I wouldn’t be that bothered as would be understandable if he has had promises broken. All seems a bit strange though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook on 19:29 - Apr 10 with 3235 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm ok either way.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Paul Cook on 19:29 - Apr 10 with 3218 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Paul Cook on 19:30 - Apr 10 with 3208 viewsrickw

I'd like him to stay, I think given time he'll be successful here or wherever he goes

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Paul Cook on 19:30 - Apr 10 with 3205 viewschrismakin

Yes because his record speaks for itself and it's not like there's a long list of available managers with his record available

Unfortunately for PC he was hired at the wrong time and it should have either been done before January or waited until May.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 19:32]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Paul Cook on 19:31 - Apr 10 with 3181 viewsWD19

He was my first choice and I would like him to stay.

.....and I think he will. Although I guess a lot hangs on who ends up being CEO.

....and at this point I would love to know more about why he didn’t end up at Bristol City....
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 19:33]
Paul Cook on 19:31 - Apr 10 with 3169 viewsHarryB

Paul Cook on 19:30 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

Yes because his record speaks for itself and it's not like there's a long list of available managers with his record available

Unfortunately for PC he was hired at the wrong time and it should have either been done before January or waited until May.

agree. if done in may then he would have known excatly what is going on
Paul Cook on 19:32 - Apr 10 with 3158 viewsgordon

I'd be surprised if it worked with Cook and the new owners if he stayed anyway, so think it's pretty likely one way or another that we're going to end up with a new head coach.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook on 19:32 - Apr 10 with 3140 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Paul Cook on 19:30 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

If he stayed it would give me some comfort if we knew that Leam Richardson was joining him. It's that partnership that the track record is based on.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Paul Cook on 19:33 - Apr 10 with 3107 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I want him to stay. Think all of this resigning malarkey is a bit ridiculous to be honest.

If he goes, who the hell are we going to get in?

A few weeks ago people were buzzing about him arriving, and now aren't bothered about him leaving after a few crap performances with a squad of players that have given up and who aren't his.
Paul Cook on 19:33 - Apr 10 with 3105 viewsMillsTash

How long is Cooks contract for incidentally?
Paul Cook on 19:34 - Apr 10 with 3082 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook on 19:32 - Apr 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

If he stayed it would give me some comfort if we knew that Leam Richardson was joining him. It's that partnership that the track record is based on.

I do hope he comes in, although nothings to say Mcgreal won't be a good assistant.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Paul Cook on 19:34 - Apr 10 with 3080 viewshadleighboyblue

I think Paul Cook comes across as an honest , traditional sort of manager and was attracted to the job because ME leaves his managers to run things .

Now the new owners are here , it has changed the way the club is going to be run .....and that might not suit PC .
Paul Cook on 19:35 - Apr 10 with 3048 viewsWD19

Paul Cook on 19:33 - Apr 10 by MillsTash

How long is Cooks contract for incidentally?

End of next Season.
Paul Cook on 19:35 - Apr 10 with 3059 viewschrismakin

Paul Cook on 19:34 - Apr 10 by hadleighboyblue

I think Paul Cook comes across as an honest , traditional sort of manager and was attracted to the job because ME leaves his managers to run things .

Now the new owners are here , it has changed the way the club is going to be run .....and that might not suit PC .

PC's not keen on a football director, now we know we're getting a CEO but Mark Ashton by the sounds of it is very very borderline Football Director.

Paul Cook on 19:39 - Apr 10 with 2997 viewshype313

Well if you go on his record so far then you can be forgiven to think it wouldn't be an issue if he were to walk, however, it's clear that this squad is pathetic and you can never judge a manager until he has at least one window.

Also, who do we think would come in? The best pick for where we are are Cowley, Cook and Appleton, they are all out, after that it's slim pickings and worrying.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Paul Cook on 19:40 - Apr 10 with 2982 viewsPendejo

Truth be told I'm ambivalent toward him.

On the face of it a sound appointment, which should have happened earlier. I just can't get the fact that Gill got a tune out of these out of time fiddlers. They should have kicked on and be comfy in top 6.

Not being an iFollow watcher haven't seen enough for proper insight, but defensively we've not been a disaster, but as a creative goalscoring force...? It almost feels like the players are part of some undercover betting syndicate trying for 0-0 draws.

🔚⏳⌛🔜

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Paul Cook on 19:40 - Apr 10 with 2974 viewsOjc

Wouldn’t be bothered at all, very underwhelmed.
Paul Cook on 19:40 - Apr 10 with 2950 viewsWD19

Paul Cook on 19:40 - Apr 10 by Ojc

Wouldn’t be bothered at all, very underwhelmed.

So who would you have preferred?
Paul Cook on 19:42 - Apr 10 with 2925 viewsOjc

Paul Cook on 19:40 - Apr 10 by WD19

So who would you have preferred?

Cowleys
Paul Cook on 19:43 - Apr 10 with 2896 viewsWD19

Paul Cook on 19:42 - Apr 10 by Ojc

Cowleys

Thanks for confirming.
Paul Cook on 19:44 - Apr 10 with 2862 viewsMattinLondon

His record suggests that he’s a good manager and good managers are hard to come by - especially ones not already in post at another club. Seems daft for him to leave now - it’ll be like a blank canvass for him next season.

But all this talk of resignation seems a tad strange.
Paul Cook on 19:45 - Apr 10 with 2841 viewsfloridaboy

Just out of curiosity why are we even discussing whether PC stays or walks!

He is our manager, many wanted him and I am glad he is hear. We wont go up which means he can have a damn good clear out and get in who he wants and knows will moved us forward.

Dont understand why so much negativity. We knew when he came in we were not going anywhere this season!
Paul Cook on 19:46 - Apr 10 with 2818 viewsITFC_Forever

I’d be massively p1ssed off. He’s the stand-out candidate by a million miles, we’re lucky to have him. And he’s got a clean slate with new investment in the club to really shape a squad he wants in the summer.

But I don’t think there’s anything to worry about - today was simply a manager giving his players come home-truths after several poor displays. Hardly the first and certainly not the last time it’s happened - it happens every week at clubs up and down the country.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Paul Cook on 19:48 - Apr 10 with 2796 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Paul Cook on 19:46 - Apr 10 by ITFC_Forever

I’d be massively p1ssed off. He’s the stand-out candidate by a million miles, we’re lucky to have him. And he’s got a clean slate with new investment in the club to really shape a squad he wants in the summer.

But I don’t think there’s anything to worry about - today was simply a manager giving his players come home-truths after several poor displays. Hardly the first and certainly not the last time it’s happened - it happens every week at clubs up and down the country.

Worth noting he's done it at previous clubs before with Leam Richardson
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024