Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phillip’s big send off next weekend 19:37 - Apr 10 with 1748 viewsvapour_trail

Bit weird to move all of the football for it, but there you go.

Said on the radio Harry Is coming over for it. Is there an exemption from quarantine if you travel back to the country for a funeral? My wife’s grandma’s departure is imminent and there’s some of her lot abroad and we’ve been trying to work through logistics.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 19:38 - Apr 10 with 1726 viewsJ2BLUE

Probably is if you're coming on a private jet.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 19:39 - Apr 10 with 1720 viewsWD19

If he flies in in the next 24 hours can he not quarantine and then take a 2nd test to get out and about using the 5-day rule!? I am losing track.
Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 19:47 - Apr 10 with 1676 viewsKeno

Please dont do that!!!!

I thought you meant Mr Ham was quitting and there was something being planned for him next weekend

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 21:26 - Apr 10 with 1579 viewsfactual_blue

However the Establishment wriggle their way out of this will be interesting. There's no exemption for quarantine so far as I'm aware for attending a funeral.

So it will boil down to the fact that he's a duke, and his grandfather was The Queen's consort. So unless those apply to your family, I'm afraid they'll get treated differently for not being posh enough.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 21:29 - Apr 10 with 1564 viewsBloomBlue

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 19:39 - Apr 10 by WD19

If he flies in in the next 24 hours can he not quarantine and then take a 2nd test to get out and about using the 5-day rule!? I am losing track.

Correct there is the 5 day rule
Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 21:39 - Apr 10 with 1537 viewsvapour_trail

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 21:26 - Apr 10 by factual_blue

However the Establishment wriggle their way out of this will be interesting. There's no exemption for quarantine so far as I'm aware for attending a funeral.

So it will boil down to the fact that he's a duke, and his grandfather was The Queen's consort. So unless those apply to your family, I'm afraid they'll get treated differently for not being posh enough.

You’re making assumptions on my other half’s familial poshness there factors. Anyways it appears from our learned friends there is a five day testing option. I wasn’t aware so this is helpful.

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 22:00 - Apr 10 with 1467 viewsPinewoodblue

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 21:39 - Apr 10 by vapour_trail

You’re making assumptions on my other half’s familial poshness there factors. Anyways it appears from our learned friends there is a five day testing option. I wasn’t aware so this is helpful.

If he was still a member of the firm it would be business so presumably OK

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 22:05 - Apr 10 with 1451 viewsGlasgowBlue

Government advice states: “You are required to self-isolate from arrival and for the first full 10 days after you arrive.

“However, you can leave your place of self-isolation in limited circumstances, including on compassionate grounds.

“This includes attending a funeral of a household member [or] a close family member.”

We had to self isolate for 14 days after coming back from Rhodes last year. However, we were allowed to attend my father in law’s funeral, which if memory serves was on day 12.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 22:07]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 22:11 - Apr 10 with 1425 viewsBloomBlue

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 22:05 - Apr 10 by GlasgowBlue

Government advice states: “You are required to self-isolate from arrival and for the first full 10 days after you arrive.

“However, you can leave your place of self-isolation in limited circumstances, including on compassionate grounds.

“This includes attending a funeral of a household member [or] a close family member.”

We had to self isolate for 14 days after coming back from Rhodes last year. However, we were allowed to attend my father in law’s funeral, which if memory serves was on day 12.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 22:07]

There is also a special 5 day option I only know this because my neighbour Trevor used it a few weeks ago when he came back from St Lucia.
--------

Ending your quarantine early: Test to Release

You can still use the Test to Release for international travel scheme. The scheme lets you choose to pay for a private COVID-19 test. If the result is negative, you can stop quarantining.

You cannot take a test to release test until you have been in England for 5 full days.

The scheme is voluntary and applies to those quarantining in England only.

If you do not want to opt into the Test to Release scheme, you will need to self-isolate for 10 days.
Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 22:40 - Apr 10 with 1355 viewsvapour_trail

Good stuff gentlemen, thank you, we have people coming from cayman, nz, and the states, this is v helpful.

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 08:13 - Apr 11 with 1191 viewsGlasgowBlue

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 22:40 - Apr 10 by vapour_trail

Good stuff gentlemen, thank you, we have people coming from cayman, nz, and the states, this is v helpful.

Hadn’t picked up on the part about your wife’s grandma on first reading. Genuinely sorry to read this.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 08:28 - Apr 11 with 1142 viewsITFC_Forever

Didn’t they cancel all the fixtures the weekend of Princess Diana’s funeral?

It’s usual procedure for when a senior royal dies, it just has happened very often in recent years.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 11:27 - Apr 11 with 1024 viewsHARRY10

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 08:28 - Apr 11 by ITFC_Forever

Didn’t they cancel all the fixtures the weekend of Princess Diana’s funeral?

It’s usual procedure for when a senior royal dies, it just has happened very often in recent years.

She died Sunday morning, so I think it was only a game or so cancelled that day
Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 11:56 - Apr 11 with 959 viewsITFC_Forever

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 11:27 - Apr 11 by HARRY10

She died Sunday morning, so I think it was only a game or so cancelled that day

I meant the following Saturday when it was her funeral.

ITFC definitely didn’t play that day. Although come to think of it, it may well have been an international break, but I can’t remember if they existed in 1997?

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 12:20 - Apr 11 with 913 viewsPhilTWTD

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 11:56 - Apr 11 by ITFC_Forever

I meant the following Saturday when it was her funeral.

ITFC definitely didn’t play that day. Although come to think of it, it may well have been an international break, but I can’t remember if they existed in 1997?

Think it was, off the top of my head. I know fixtures weren't called off for Churchill's funeral as my dad told me he went to London to go and see a game that day, West Ham-Chelsea in the FA Cup the internet tells me, and as he was broadly in the area he saw the procession as well.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 12:35 - Apr 11 with 852 viewsITFC_Forever

Phillip’s big send off next weekend on 12:20 - Apr 11 by PhilTWTD

Think it was, off the top of my head. I know fixtures weren't called off for Churchill's funeral as my dad told me he went to London to go and see a game that day, West Ham-Chelsea in the FA Cup the internet tells me, and as he was broadly in the area he saw the procession as well.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A google search does show a lot of International results for 6th September 1997, not England or any of the home nations though for obvious reasons, so it looks like it was an International break.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024