Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) 20:35 - Apr 10 with 1868 viewswkj

Based on ///TODAY'S GAME ONLY///, here are the players I would keep and oust.

Holy - 50/50 - Made some handy saves today, but his distribution was horrible as usual.

Wolfenden - 50/50 - He did nothing great, and nothing shocking

Nsiala - Keep - He was reliable and very mobile across the back

Chambers - 50/50 - Didn't do a whole lot wrong, but his physical attributes are obviously going.

Edwards - Keep JUST - He'd be better on the left though. He made a couple of decent moves, but if he stays he needs to improve or be happy as a bench warmer.

Dozzell - Release - He did one good run, and really looked anonymous. If he is playing close to his potential, then he has to go.

Bishop - Release - Based on today alone, Bishop was set dressing at best.

Ward - Release - His first half performance was ghastly, and the improvement in the second half wasn't good enough.

Downes - Keep - He didn't do a lot wrong today.

Dobra - Keep - He worked his tail off and didn't do a lot wrong. His quick yellow was silly.

Drinan - Keep JUST - ITFC and Drinan need to look at what his position is, like Naylor - I think he's a better choice for defender. He closed and pressed well today, and was key in some of the build up - but strikers need to attack if they want to be scoring goals.

SUBS

Sears - Release - Sears on a good day is always enjoyable, but he has to be at his absolute best to be worth it. Sears has never been consistent, which is his biggest issue. He did help get some movement together, but he should have been celebrating when he shot over the keeper, it was a dismal effort from an almost certain goal opportunity.

Judge - Keep - The game did liven up when he came on and he did have a decent shot (blocked by Sears). He didn't do anything great nor terrible today.

Nydam - Keep - Didn't do anything great or terrible either.

Parrott - N/A - Didn't play long enough today to really assess.

Hawkins - N/A - Also didn't play long enough today to really assess.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 20:37]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 20:37 - Apr 10 with 1810 viewsBluefish

Lol you aren't basing that on the game at all

Chambers didn't do anything wrong at all and was probably actually better than Nsiala. Edwards was useless again

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 20:38 - Apr 10 with 1812 viewsWD19

When and where has Drinan played as a defender?

....and you lost me at the suggestion of keeping Edwards....
Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 20:42 - Apr 10 with 1776 viewswkj

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 20:38 - Apr 10 by WD19

When and where has Drinan played as a defender?

....and you lost me at the suggestion of keeping Edwards....

Drinan closes down well, and hastles the players well- but my point is, he's not playing like a striker - he's playing like a defender in the attacking half.

As for Edwards - it is a narrow keep, as in I don't see him as more than a bench warmer - but the sort of player who would be ok as cover. Though it isn't a confident keep.

Crybaby

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 20:44 - Apr 10 with 1752 viewswkj

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 20:37 - Apr 10 by Bluefish

Lol you aren't basing that on the game at all

Chambers didn't do anything wrong at all and was probably actually better than Nsiala. Edwards was useless again

Chambers didn't do a lot wrong at all. There were a couple of times he looked uncomfortable under pressure though (possibly due to ward). For me, Toto looked much more confident out of the two.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 20:45]

Crybaby

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 21:07 - Apr 10 with 1622 viewsBluefish

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 20:44 - Apr 10 by wkj

Chambers didn't do a lot wrong at all. There were a couple of times he looked uncomfortable under pressure though (possibly due to ward). For me, Toto looked much more confident out of the two.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 20:45]

Toto looked shaky at times but got away with it each time. He was also playing at his preferred choice of rcb

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 21:43 - Apr 10 with 1548 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No way did Drinan's game today put him in a keep bracket.

He was clean through on goal and turned and looked to lay the ball back. He is simply not good enough as a striker. He works hard but that should be a pre-requisite from all our players and simply shows one reason why the rest are not good enough.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 21:51 - Apr 10 with 1501 viewsipswichtillidie

If they all went the only one I’d be disappointed about would be Downes. The younger ones like Dozzell/Dobra/Woolfie still have time on their hands so would like to see them kept on but the rest through lack of consistency prove week in week out they are not going to get us where we need to be. I suspect Bishop will stay but the rest can go for me. Clear out and move on. People hanging their hopes on the likes of Chambers/Skuse/Judge etc I’m struggling to see it personally. Ironically I thought Nsiala was our best player today but again over a season is he the answer because at times he has been a liability despite improving of late.

KVY & Downes I predict will be the only two surviving in our
starting line up on opening day next season. Possibly Holy. The rest won’t make the the first 11.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 21:58]

Gav

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 22:16 - Apr 10 with 1406 viewsSamWhiteUK

Keep Drinan over Bishop? lol
Login to get fewer ads

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 22:21 - Apr 10 with 1381 viewsHeadWestBlue

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 21:51 - Apr 10 by ipswichtillidie

If they all went the only one I’d be disappointed about would be Downes. The younger ones like Dozzell/Dobra/Woolfie still have time on their hands so would like to see them kept on but the rest through lack of consistency prove week in week out they are not going to get us where we need to be. I suspect Bishop will stay but the rest can go for me. Clear out and move on. People hanging their hopes on the likes of Chambers/Skuse/Judge etc I’m struggling to see it personally. Ironically I thought Nsiala was our best player today but again over a season is he the answer because at times he has been a liability despite improving of late.

starting line up on opening day next season. Possibly Holy. The rest won’t make the the first 11.

Woolfenden played a nice little ball to give Sears the opportunity he missed when the keeper was coming off his line. I think that should have been an assist?
Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 22:25 - Apr 10 with 1361 viewsHeadWestBlue

Well that is likely to be just Downes then. KVY has yet to prove he can stay fit long enough to start on a regular basis.
Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 22:49 - Apr 10 with 1292 viewsLancsBlue

Downes will go to Cardiff. Mick gave him his debut, praised him to the hilt and he's the kind of all action player Mick loves. Championship is best he can hope for. Don't think Palace or any other Premier League club will want him now.

Poll: If you watch Town less often than in the past, what is the main reason?

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 22:55 - Apr 10 with 1275 viewsreusersfreekicks

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 20:42 - Apr 10 by wkj

Drinan closes down well, and hastles the players well- but my point is, he's not playing like a striker - he's playing like a defender in the attacking half.

As for Edwards - it is a narrow keep, as in I don't see him as more than a bench warmer - but the sort of player who would be ok as cover. Though it isn't a confident keep.

That's just nonsense, closing down as an attacker is nothing like the discipline of defending
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 22:57]
Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 23:06 - Apr 10 with 1233 viewsclive_baker

Toto - Keep. In really good form and a good age.
Bishop - Keep. I think there’s a role for Bishop or Dozzell, as an advanced playmaker.
Dozzell - Keep. Not a defensive midfielder IMO.
Woolfenden - Keep (central though, he’s not a right back)
Downes - Keep, give him the armband and build a team around him.
KVY - Keep, need to get him fit though.
Norwood - Keep. A fit Norwood can score at this level.

Dobra, El Miz, Lankester & Nydam are certainly worth keeping and presumably cheap. Nydam looked tidy enough and I’ve liked him when I’ve seen him in the past, I really think he could be a good left back. The likes of El Miz & Dobra have some maturing to do but off the bench could be handy in a creative side.

Personally I would look to move on all of Chambers, Ward, Kenlock, Donacien, Wilson, Cornell, Holy, Sears, Skuse, Huws, Hawkins, Judge, Drinan.

Edwards, Nolan, Jackson are the 3 bigger calls IMO. Depends how much they want it, otherwise get rid and reinvest the wages.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 23:22 - Apr 10 with 1180 viewsreusersfreekicks

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 23:06 - Apr 10 by clive_baker

Toto - Keep. In really good form and a good age.
Bishop - Keep. I think there’s a role for Bishop or Dozzell, as an advanced playmaker.
Dozzell - Keep. Not a defensive midfielder IMO.
Woolfenden - Keep (central though, he’s not a right back)
Downes - Keep, give him the armband and build a team around him.
KVY - Keep, need to get him fit though.
Norwood - Keep. A fit Norwood can score at this level.

Dobra, El Miz, Lankester & Nydam are certainly worth keeping and presumably cheap. Nydam looked tidy enough and I’ve liked him when I’ve seen him in the past, I really think he could be a good left back. The likes of El Miz & Dobra have some maturing to do but off the bench could be handy in a creative side.

Personally I would look to move on all of Chambers, Ward, Kenlock, Donacien, Wilson, Cornell, Holy, Sears, Skuse, Huws, Hawkins, Judge, Drinan.

Edwards, Nolan, Jackson are the 3 bigger calls IMO. Depends how much they want it, otherwise get rid and reinvest the wages.

Agree with all of that except would keep Wilson and poss Donacien
Also wonder if Lankester still has it as has been poor this year
Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 00:22 - Apr 11 with 1088 viewswkj

On balance, it would appear my opinions are not easy to agree with. Massive respect for calling me out on my errors though. Coyb

Crybaby

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 07:03 - Apr 11 with 926 viewsipswichtillidie

Players I would keep (MK Dons Edition) on 00:22 - Apr 11 by wkj

On balance, it would appear my opinions are not easy to agree with. Massive respect for calling me out on my errors though. Coyb

The bottom line is Cook will have his own opinions and he’ll do what he thinks is needed. He’ll have the financial clout to clear the lot and start again if needed. Will be a busy summer that’s for sure. We could probably discuss all day who could stay but the bottom line is non of them perhaps warrant it. I mentioned Downes because I feel he’ll be THE player to go the furthest in the pyramid career wise and someone we should look to keep.

Gav

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024