Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted 21:06 - Apr 10 with 807 viewsBLUEBEAT

He should be excited in expecting a bigger war chest than he would under the reign of Evans

Poll: W or W

New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted on 21:07 - Apr 10 with 781 viewsitfcjoe

He might not be excited at working for a CEO who wants a bigger say in recruitment?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted on 21:08 - Apr 10 with 777 viewsgordon

Do you know how much control he's going to have over how that war-chest is used?
New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted on 21:09 - Apr 10 with 743 viewsmonty_radio

But, if the assertions are true, then he didn't agree that they were the men he wanted, did he?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted on 21:10 - Apr 10 with 745 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted on 21:07 - Apr 10 by itfcjoe

He might not be excited at working for a CEO who wants a bigger say in recruitment?

Fair enough if that's not what he was led to expect.

Although that's the way most clubs operate now in that the manager doesn't have final say.

If that was the case and he chose to walk, then all due respect to him.

We'll move on.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted on 21:10 - Apr 10 with 733 viewschrismakin

New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted on 21:07 - Apr 10 by itfcjoe

But he had that at Wigan did he not in Johnson? he looked after negotiations etc

Even if it's Mark Ashton, he doesn't just go and sign players and say hey manage him. It would be a discussion about if PC has any targets, followed by data driven potential players, agree which ones to go for then leave Ashton to go get them whilst PC concentrates on being a manager

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted on 21:11 - Apr 10 with 729 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If he really didn't know though, (And I think he must have had an inkling), he's probably a bit pished off. Sounding out people like McCarthy about Evans, joins because he likes what he hears.

Has a debrief with LO'N and Evans on Saturday, who mention nothing. Comes in Wednesday to Norwood showing everyone instagram and twitter.

But, like I said, he's been in football a long time, I'm sure he had a feeling about it all.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted on 21:12 - Apr 10 with 711 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted on 21:10 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

But he had that at Wigan did he not in Johnson? he looked after negotiations etc

Even if it's Mark Ashton, he doesn't just go and sign players and say hey manage him. It would be a discussion about if PC has any targets, followed by data driven potential players, agree which ones to go for then leave Ashton to go get them whilst PC concentrates on being a manager

Jonathan Jackson.

Yes, I believe PC talked about JJ convincing him that modern recruitment methods could be the way to go.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted on 21:13 - Apr 10 with 699 viewsgordon

New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted on 21:11 - Apr 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

If he really didn't know though, (And I think he must have had an inkling), he's probably a bit pished off. Sounding out people like McCarthy about Evans, joins because he likes what he hears.

Has a debrief with LO'N and Evans on Saturday, who mention nothing. Comes in Wednesday to Norwood showing everyone instagram and twitter.

But, like I said, he's been in football a long time, I'm sure he had a feeling about it all.

The EADT said that Cook had been told by Evans that another investor was coming on board., and Phil has been really clear that Cook was excited about working for Evans.
Login to get fewer ads

New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted on 21:19 - Apr 10 with 624 viewsBloomBlue

New owners and Evans both agreed Paul Cook was the man they wanted on 21:10 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

But many clubs outside of the UK and some inside operate like that with the CEO/DOF or someone similar picks which players the club buys without input from the manager and the manager is expected to manager/coach them. They work on the principle if its data driven why do you need the manager to pick the players, the data does it for you.

I don't agree that approach works but it does happened at other clubs.
Yes PC was first choice for the new owners but maybe after PC talked with them he didnt get a warm feeling he would have much input on which players as it was going to be data driven.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024