Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One other point about Cook being made 08:29 - Apr 11 with 1702 viewshype313

By people quite rightly putting their side of my "I think he will walk argument" is that he didn't do the presser because he was reading the players the riot act.

Well, yes that would be plausible given the performances recently, but given so many are out of contract and others clearly know their time is up, what would be the point in giving people who will be gone in 6-8 weeks the hairdryer treatment?

They will be feathering their own nests now and just be doing the Alan Partridge shoulder shrug meme.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

One other point about Cook being made on 08:33 - Apr 11 with 1638 viewsWD19

You can’t not do it just because you know it is going to have a limited impact on most of our crew. You need to do it so those that will be around next season can see you have got it in the locker when standards fall to unacceptable levels and that you are invested.
One other point about Cook being made on 08:34 - Apr 11 with 1636 viewsGuthrum

There are still six games of the season to go. No respectable manager is going to let his team just give up.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One other point about Cook being made on 08:39 - Apr 11 with 1583 viewsITFC_Forever

We shouldn’t forget that despite how crap we’ve been this season, we still have a fighting chance of getting in the POs this season, and once we’re in them, anything could happen.

Getting promoted this season gives us the blank sheet of paper to start from in the summer to prepare for the Champ and with the increased resources available - ie; without players who were signed for L1 should we go up next season instead.

And as WD says, Cook needs to crack the whip and make it very clear what his standards and expectations are for those who do remain.

Cook cannot be allowed to leave. He’s the best candidate for the job, we can see that, ME saw that and MOL has said that as well.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

One other point about Cook being made on 08:40 - Apr 11 with 1578 viewshype313

One other point about Cook being made on 08:34 - Apr 11 by Guthrum

There are still six games of the season to go. No respectable manager is going to let his team just give up.

Fair enough, point well made.

Still find it strange though, you would have thought that given the positive nature of Cook, he would be jumping from the ceilings about the new investment and ownership.

Maybe I'm looking for things that aren't there.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

One other point about Cook being made on 08:46 - Apr 11 with 1554 viewsGuthrum

One other point about Cook being made on 08:40 - Apr 11 by hype313

Fair enough, point well made.

Still find it strange though, you would have thought that given the positive nature of Cook, he would be jumping from the ceilings about the new investment and ownership.

Maybe I'm looking for things that aren't there.

Maybe he didn't feel like having to enthuse about the takeover while still full of anger about the performance? Perhaps, given his positive persona, he doesn't like the general public to see him furious, especially so early in his tenure?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One other point about Cook being made on 09:41 - Apr 11 with 1324 viewspointofblue

One other point about Cook being made on 08:46 - Apr 11 by Guthrum

Maybe he didn't feel like having to enthuse about the takeover while still full of anger about the performance? Perhaps, given his positive persona, he doesn't like the general public to see him furious, especially so early in his tenure?

I did wonder whether that’s the case - the one thing he said he wouldn’t do is sell out the players but maybe he feared he would do just that. Gill managed to either control his emotions better or maybe saw things out there more favourably than Cook.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

One other point about Cook being made on 12:27 - Apr 11 with 1179 viewsAlanG296

One other point about Cook being made on 08:33 - Apr 11 by WD19

You can’t not do it just because you know it is going to have a limited impact on most of our crew. You need to do it so those that will be around next season can see you have got it in the locker when standards fall to unacceptable levels and that you are invested.

The players are having it easy this season by not getting feedback on their performances from a crowd in the ground. I would rather the manager give them feedback straight after the game than talk to the media. Regardless of whether they will be here next season. Post match press conferences are a waste of time. They don't change anything. Let the performances speak for themselves
One other point about Cook being made on 14:10 - Apr 11 with 1006 views66notout

One other point about Cook being made on 12:27 - Apr 11 by AlanG296

The players are having it easy this season by not getting feedback on their performances from a crowd in the ground. I would rather the manager give them feedback straight after the game than talk to the media. Regardless of whether they will be here next season. Post match press conferences are a waste of time. They don't change anything. Let the performances speak for themselves

Yeah, who needs the meedya?
Login to get fewer ads

One other point about Cook being made on 14:41 - Apr 11 with 873 viewsronnyd

One other point about Cook being made on 09:41 - Apr 11 by pointofblue

I did wonder whether that’s the case - the one thing he said he wouldn’t do is sell out the players but maybe he feared he would do just that. Gill managed to either control his emotions better or maybe saw things out there more favourably than Cook.

Is Gill part of Cook,s long term plans though.? As he was one of Lambo,s men that is.
One other point about Cook being made on 14:43 - Apr 11 with 856 viewsAlanG296

One other point about Cook being made on 14:10 - Apr 11 by 66notout

Yeah, who needs the meedya?

It's spelt media. Too much of it is making a living reporting what people say when what matters is what people do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024