Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What should be on Cooks shopping list 09:17 - Apr 11 with 1850 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Striker x 2
Left Back
Right Attacking Midfield x2
Left Attacking Midfield x2
Central Defender
Goalkeeper

Anything else?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:18 - Apr 11 with 1837 viewschicoazul

12 new players in every position apart from CD where I think we should stick with Toto Chambo and Woolf.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:21 - Apr 11 with 1817 viewsjayessess

Right back.

We've spent the best part of 2 seasons hoping KVY is going to play well and regularly. We should plan for the likelihood he won't and treat anything else as a bonus.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:22 - Apr 11 with 1810 viewsGuthrum

Maybe add another striker and a second goalkeeper to that list. None of the former are effective/fit enough and I'm not convinced by Holy or Cornell.

I was going to say another more attacking midfielder, but Dobra is showing good promise in that role (as long as he can get a bit more disciplined).

All of the midfielders hired have to be able to run with the ball at least sometimes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:26 - Apr 11 with 1789 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:21 - Apr 11 by jayessess

Right back.

We've spent the best part of 2 seasons hoping KVY is going to play well and regularly. We should plan for the likelihood he won't and treat anything else as a bonus.

I think you are probably right, but do you not think Donacian might be given the chance, now that Lambert has gone?

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:27 - Apr 11 with 1771 viewsKieran_Knows

Keeper.
Right back.
Left back.
Centre back x2.
Wingers x2.
Centre mid.
Attacking midfield (number 10).
Strikers x2.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:28 - Apr 11 with 1755 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:27 - Apr 11 by Kieran_Knows

Keeper.
Right back.
Left back.
Centre back x2.
Wingers x2.
Centre mid.
Attacking midfield (number 10).
Strikers x2.

Those clean sheets are a problem.

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:29 - Apr 11 with 1752 viewsWeWereZombies

Stilton
Beetroot
Battenberg

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:30 - Apr 11 with 1744 viewsRomeo4

A combative central midfielder is a must. Great if Downes stays but one of our downfalls this season is having no one else in this mould who could step in when Downes is injured/suspended.
Login to get fewer ads

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:32 - Apr 11 with 1726 viewsKeno

Depends what team he is managing

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:35 - Apr 11 with 1714 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The priorities have to be:

A big, ugly, Centre Forward.
A pair of nippy, composed strikers, who can also run in the channels.
A big, ugly, Central Midfielder, allowing Downes and Bishop to play high press further up the pitch.

Maybe:
A quick, technically adept, hard-working Left Back (this may be Nydam, depending on his recovery).

Anything else is set-dressing.
What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:36 - Apr 11 with 1709 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:35 - Apr 11 by ArnoldMoorhen

The priorities have to be:

A big, ugly, Centre Forward.
A pair of nippy, composed strikers, who can also run in the channels.
A big, ugly, Central Midfielder, allowing Downes and Bishop to play high press further up the pitch.

Maybe:
A quick, technically adept, hard-working Left Back (this may be Nydam, depending on his recovery).

Anything else is set-dressing.

Iain Dowie has retired.

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:37 - Apr 11 with 1705 viewsGarv

That many signings we better hope he gets them right, because that's a whole team.

I don't think we need a new keeper. I'm assuming Cornell isn't really fancied so if we replaced him with someone more likely to challenge Holy, great, but I think Holy's fine especially when we need to strengthen in so many areas.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:38 - Apr 11 with 1690 viewsjayessess

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:26 - Apr 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think you are probably right, but do you not think Donacian might be given the chance, now that Lambert has gone?

He might be and Fleetwood's defence is one of the few in the division that's better than ours.

Like a lot of these, it's a question of whether there's better available and if we're confident we can get them. It's a first team right back we need, rather than a backup.

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:40 - Apr 11 with 1684 viewsITFC_Jenx

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:36 - Apr 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

Iain Dowie has retired.

It's going to be 4231

Priority has to be a striker that can play up top on his own and the getting the wingers/no. 10/screening midfielders who can make this happen.

Cook likes ball playing CBs and full backs who can get up and cross. I can see LB and CB coming in, RB less so.

Every club he's been at Cook has brought in his own GK. Can't see that changing.
What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:43 - Apr 11 with 1670 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:37 - Apr 11 by Garv

That many signings we better hope he gets them right, because that's a whole team.

I don't think we need a new keeper. I'm assuming Cornell isn't really fancied so if we replaced him with someone more likely to challenge Holy, great, but I think Holy's fine especially when we need to strengthen in so many areas.

I hasten to add, not all will be first team players. And many would depend on others leaving.
But the problem areas, I'm sure you are aware are in chance creation from the wide areas and full backs that can play high up the pitch.

AML, AMR and LB are vital along with another Striker as I think Jackson will move on, possibly also Hawkins.

GK, as I can see Cornell moving on this summer
CB as a replacement for Chambers, who even if he gets a new contract, won't get the same number of games next season and will likely only get a year, to take him into a testimonial year.

We need a good number of changes, but Cook (or whoever) has got to get them in quickly once the window opens, we can't be doing any of our normal fannying about right up to the window closing.

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:46 - Apr 11 with 1655 viewsKieran_Knows

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:28 - Apr 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

Those clean sheets are a problem.

No, true. But he clearly favours 4-2-3-1 and our current players (other than Woolfenden) don’t suit it. Obviously we’d all love KVY to be fit, but can he be relied on for 35+ games a season?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:47 - Apr 11 with 1647 viewsjas0999

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:21 - Apr 11 by jayessess

Right back.

Definitely need a right back. KVY is unreliable.
What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:49 - Apr 11 with 1637 viewsITFC_Jenx

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:47 - Apr 11 by jas0999

Definitely need a right back. KVY is unreliable.

If Cook rates Donation enough then he should be backup.

If not, Darikwa at Wigan is out of contract.
What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:51 - Apr 11 with 1632 viewsstrikalite

Add a right back/wing back to that list and you're pretty close..

Oh and the criteria of at least six of them is the ability to hit row Z from 25 yards please, if you can do that first and foremost then you're in!!
What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:54 - Apr 11 with 1611 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:46 - Apr 11 by Kieran_Knows

No, true. But he clearly favours 4-2-3-1 and our current players (other than Woolfenden) don’t suit it. Obviously we’d all love KVY to be fit, but can he be relied on for 35+ games a season?

I think we have to let that play itself out a little while longer to be honest. I completely take your point, but the risk is you send up with two fit, fully functioning RB's and one becomes unsettled.

Hopefully PC knows of one that can operate on either flank and that solves the problem.

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 10:01 - Apr 11 with 1586 viewsjayessess

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 09:54 - Apr 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think we have to let that play itself out a little while longer to be honest. I completely take your point, but the risk is you send up with two fit, fully functioning RB's and one becomes unsettled.

Hopefully PC knows of one that can operate on either flank and that solves the problem.

Is it *really* a problem if we have an extra fit right back? KVY also played left back for Colchester. I also have a feeling he'd be better as a right winger than all our right wingers.

We let it play out last January and last Summer and have now played the best part of 60 games with makeshift right backs. Enough.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 10:02]

What should be on Cooks shopping list on 10:35 - Apr 11 with 1524 viewsTractorFrog

We don’t need a centre back. Chambers, Wilson, Nsiala and Woolfenden are good enough. It is clear that the defence are not the problem with the team at the moment. I would say that wingers and a striker are the most important signings we need.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024