Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinan 10:37 - Apr 11 with 781 viewsFixed_It

Second half. Through on goal. Hesitates. Fails to get a shot away. Sums up our problem perfectly.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Drinan on 10:39 - Apr 11 with 760 viewsnoubledooble

If it’s the chance I’m thinking of he managed to somehow turn 180 and end up facing away from the goal. Why didn’t he shoot?
Drinan on 10:41 - Apr 11 with 735 viewsFixed_It

Drinan on 10:39 - Apr 11 by noubledooble

If it’s the chance I’m thinking of he managed to somehow turn 180 and end up facing away from the goal. Why didn’t he shoot?

That's the one. You're not going to score if you don't shoot. You might not if you do - but you definitely won't if you don't. FFS.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Drinan on 10:45 - Apr 11 with 712 viewsGuthrum

He neither shot nor tried seriously to get past the defender. Just checked and looked for support which wasn't there.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Drinan on 10:46 - Apr 11 with 708 viewsMenton

Drinan on 10:39 - Apr 11 by noubledooble

If he’d have really backed himself and driven at goal he’d have got into a real goalscoring position there. Unfortunately he was too cautious and ended up facing his own goal (?). I don’t know if that is purely lack of confidence, or lack of striker’s instinct, but either way isn’t a good sign. Surely when presented a sniff like that you need your striker to believe they are going to score, even if no one else does.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Drinan on 10:47 - Apr 11 with 696 viewsN2_Blue

Yes and this kind of decision making is not Cook's fault for all those fans thinking its unacceptable that Cook has prepared a team that has failed to have a shot on target in the last two games.

It is down to a squad completely bereft of any confidence whatsoever (as well as just a general lack of quality) which lies solely with the previous manager.

This was the perfect example of that and it doesn't change overnight which is why this season is basically done. It's almost criminal that we are somehow still in touch with 4th place....appalling division.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Drinan on 10:47 - Apr 11 with 697 viewsDubtractor

Drinan on 10:41 - Apr 11 by Fixed_It

That's the one. You're not going to score if you don't shoot. You might not if you do - but you definitely won't if you don't. FFS.

Inexcusable that one, as bad as Sears missed lob to be honest.

He'd got the run on the defender, space to get a shot off on his left foot, from inside the area, not even a bad angle, and he cut back and killed the chance.

I might have done a swear at the telly at that one.

One glimmer of positivity from yesterday, and it is a fooking tiny glimmer, is that we did actually create, or get gifted, a few decent opportunities. Certainly a dramatic improvement from the Rochdale game. Of course, failing to get the target from any of them is a pretty big cloud over things!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Drinan on 10:49 - Apr 11 with 678 viewslongtimefan

Drinan on 10:45 - Apr 11 by Guthrum

He neither shot nor tried seriously to get past the defender. Just checked and looked for support which wasn't there.

I personally thought Dobra should have held on to the ball and taken it further in order to commit the defender before releasing Drinan. Would have made the laters job easier.
Drinan on 10:50 - Apr 11 with 671 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Indeed. And it's a problem with the whole team, not just the strikers. Somebody, for the love of god, SHOOT FFS. They always seem to try to get themselves into the perfect position... but never actually get there. You'd have thought they would've learnt by now that the perfect position isn't going to happen. And also - these are League 1 keepers. Have a long range shot occassionally. See what they're made of!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Drinan on 10:51 - Apr 11 with 664 viewsjas0999

Sadly, if we are seriously about promotion next season, Drinan isn’t good enough.
Drinan on 10:52 - Apr 11 with 657 viewsGuthrum

Drinan on 10:46 - Apr 11 by Menton

If he’d have really backed himself and driven at goal he’d have got into a real goalscoring position there. Unfortunately he was too cautious and ended up facing his own goal (?). I don’t know if that is purely lack of confidence, or lack of striker’s instinct, but either way isn’t a good sign. Surely when presented a sniff like that you need your striker to believe they are going to score, even if no one else does.

As another luminary of this board said to me, a striker like Mo Salah would back himself all the way and be more surprised when he doesn't score than when he does.

Not suggesting that any of our lot are within miles of that standard, but the same self-confidence needs to be there. Waghorn had it, so did McGoldrick, even when his radar was a bit off.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Drinan on 10:55 - Apr 11 with 635 viewsSteve_M

Drinan on 10:47 - Apr 11 by Dubtractor

Inexcusable that one, as bad as Sears missed lob to be honest.

He'd got the run on the defender, space to get a shot off on his left foot, from inside the area, not even a bad angle, and he cut back and killed the chance.

I might have done a swear at the telly at that one.

One glimmer of positivity from yesterday, and it is a fooking tiny glimmer, is that we did actually create, or get gifted, a few decent opportunities. Certainly a dramatic improvement from the Rochdale game. Of course, failing to get the target from any of them is a pretty big cloud over things!

Confidence is so lacking that he never really thought he would score then. I actually thought some of the runs he made were good and just hints that there’s something there.

Dobra’s more just before half-time was really crap too. That’s three very good opportunities and none of them close to a shot on target.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Drinan on 11:08 - Apr 11 with 580 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Drinan on 10:55 - Apr 11 by Steve_M

Confidence is so lacking that he never really thought he would score then. I actually thought some of the runs he made were good and just hints that there’s something there.

Dobra’s more just before half-time was really crap too. That’s three very good opportunities and none of them close to a shot on target.

I thought Dobra was unlucky rather than crap. Threw himself at it, got a toe on, and it just went past the post. I think the commentators used the word "unlucky" as well.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024