Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dog food 11:35 - Apr 11 with 779 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Anyone got experience with having 'Tails' dog food delivered?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Dog food on 11:47 - Apr 11 with 760 viewsN2_Blue

Excellent service and quality of product. Our dog (cockapoo) loves it so much to the point i feel they must put the equivalent of dog crack in it.

He used to get bored with any other food quite quickly especially other kibbles but after a year he still devours Tails wet food and kibble in no time.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Dog food on 11:50 - Apr 11 with 751 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Dog food on 11:47 - Apr 11 by N2_Blue

Excellent service and quality of product. Our dog (cockapoo) loves it so much to the point i feel they must put the equivalent of dog crack in it.

He used to get bored with any other food quite quickly especially other kibbles but after a year he still devours Tails wet food and kibble in no time.

Thanks. Signed up on the back of what you've said.

Been looking for something a bit better quality than what we've been getting for our Golden Retriever, he gets real dodgy guts from time to time, so this seems just the ticket.

Dog food on 12:29 - Apr 11 with 709 viewsN2_Blue

Dog food on 11:50 - Apr 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

Been looking for something a bit better quality than what we've been getting for our Golden Retriever, he gets real dodgy guts from time to time, so this seems just the ticket.

Yes it's good quality and ours never seems to have dodgy guts so fingers crossed it helps out your golden.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Dog food on 12:31 - Apr 11 with 708 viewsDanTheMan

Asked my partner who worked in the pet industry for 5-6 years.

Basically it's fine, it's not the best quality. One of the biggest things that stands out is that have wheat in their food which isn't brilliant for dogs. Obviously it's not going to kill them or anything but you tend to find the better quality dog food will be wheat free, as it's not a great filler.

In better quality food it will tend to be either rice, potato, or just meat.

We use Vitalin for kibble, 12kg bad lasts us 2-3 months.
https://www.vitalinpetfood.co.uk/store/item/Fresh-Chicken

Obviously the price is a bit more but it will go further as you don't need to feed them as much.

For meat we use stuff like this in various flavours:
https://forthglade.com/collections/wet-dog-food/products/chicken-with-liver-vege

Only a quarter of a tray per day, and she would be classed as a medium-large dog.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Dog food on 12:33 - Apr 11 with 701 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Dog food on 12:31 - Apr 11 by DanTheMan

Asked my partner who worked in the pet industry for 5-6 years.

Basically it's fine, it's not the best quality. One of the biggest things that stands out is that have wheat in their food which isn't brilliant for dogs. Obviously it's not going to kill them or anything but you tend to find the better quality dog food will be wheat free, as it's not a great filler.

In better quality food it will tend to be either rice, potato, or just meat.

We use Vitalin for kibble, 12kg bad lasts us 2-3 months.
https://www.vitalinpetfood.co.uk/store/item/Fresh-Chicken

Obviously the price is a bit more but it will go further as you don't need to feed them as much.

For meat we use stuff like this in various flavours:
https://forthglade.com/collections/wet-dog-food/products/chicken-with-liver-vege

Only a quarter of a tray per day, and she would be classed as a medium-large dog.

The one I've ordered is wheat free, as our last Golden was horribly allergic to it.
I'll try it for a month and see how he does.

Dog food on 13:15 - Apr 11 with 664 viewsLord_Lucan

Dog food on 12:33 - Apr 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

The one I've ordered is wheat free, as our last Golden was horribly allergic to it.
I'll try it for a month and see how he does.

I've got two dogs on it. We switched to Tails because one of our hounds is a bit of a sickly beast and all the mainstream stuff we gave her made her puke.

Tails suggested a certain mix and she started to do better on it immediately.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Dog food on 13:25 - Apr 11 with 652 viewsjeera

Dog food on 13:15 - Apr 11 by Lord_Lucan

I've got two dogs on it. We switched to Tails because one of our hounds is a bit of a sickly beast and all the mainstream stuff we gave her made her puke.

Tails suggested a certain mix and she started to do better on it immediately.

Trial and error isn't it.

I had one dog whose system could tolerate anything, but I got the greyhound and the only foodstuff that seemed to agree with him was ProPlan and Eukanuba.

Coated in a bit of fish Chappie to help it go down.

They did ok on that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Dog food on 15:14 - Apr 11 with 578 viewsRyorry

Dog food on 11:50 - Apr 11 by Cheltenham_Blue

Mine has dodgy guts, but been absolutely fine since transferring to Simpsons Premium, which have a 'Sensitive' range of pure potato & either chicken, duck or lamb kibble, about 8 years ago. They also do wet food along same lines - tins of pure potato + various meats, incl. exotics like kangaroo! which smells so delicious I'm tempted to tuck in myself ... As well as kibble with just the various meats & rice.

They're a small, family run, firm in Lancs, & source their supplies locally. Deliveries are next day via DPD if you order before noon.

If you want to go down this route - as yours is a gundog, orders are VAT-free (even if he isn't actually a working dog). You'd have to phone them up & register for this. Main size of these is now 13.5Kg (reduced from 15Kg), because if you order 2 at a time delivery is free, & DPD wanted to reduce the weight their drivers had to lug around. They also do trial packs. Orders over £30 get free delivery anyway.

They also do a fantastic range of natural treats - my dogs favs are the white fish or salmon biscuits, and the dried venison chunks!

https://www.simpsonspremium.com/

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Dog food on 15:18 - Apr 11 with 568 viewswkj

I've had excellent service, any time i've had an issue I get straight on the dog'n'bone and they'll sort it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Dog food on 15:38 - Apr 11 with 542 viewsUppa_Towen

Tails isn’t the best. See review below.

https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-reviews/1334/tails-com-example-recipe

The one below is good for the price and available on the Zooplus website. I’ve got a large German Shepherd and 200g twice a day is fine for him.

https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-reviews/0341/markus-muehle-natural-do
My dog likes.... on 15:43 - Apr 11 with 526 viewsBloots

Dog food on 13:25 - Apr 11 by jeera

Trial and error isn't it.

I had one dog whose system could tolerate anything, but I got the greyhound and the only foodstuff that seemed to agree with him was ProPlan and Eukanuba.

Coated in a bit of fish Chappie to help it go down.

They did ok on that.

....fag butts and chicken livers.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024