Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Says it all. Have a good afternoon. 11:57 - Apr 11 with 1910 viewsgtsb1966

Paul Cook, where does he fit into your plans? We don’t know if he was your man or if he was the previous owners man?

MOL: We talked to Marcus about it. He wanted to make a change and we compared notes, and lo and behold, we discovered that Mr Cook was number one on both of our lists.

And in fact, I was able to share that information with Paul earlier today, and I think he was delighted by that because obviously, you get a change of owner it often results in another change of manager and that will not be the situation here. We rate Paul very highly.
Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 12:00 - Apr 11 with 1854 viewsZXBlue

All the rest is damaging speculation.

I don't understand why people are so desperate to undermine optimism and make the new management feel pressured and paranoid with endless rumours and speculation about stuff noone knows anything factual about.
Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 12:05 - Apr 11 with 1814 viewsSomethingBlue

Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 12:00 - Apr 11 by ZXBlue

I don't understand why people are so desperate to undermine optimism and make the new management feel pressured and paranoid with endless rumours and speculation about stuff noone knows anything factual about.

I think the thing is that Cook's a long time in this game and is not stupid. All he had to do was pop up — even with a short bit on the club website if he wanted — and say "It's exciting times for the club, looking forward to meeting the owners". A platitude but that'd get everyone the headline they want. At the end of the day the manager is the public face for the club's health, week in week out, so these things matter. There may well be no problem — but if that's the case Cook should have known to give out a quick line.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 12:13 - Apr 11 with 1735 viewsfabian_illness

Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 12:05 - Apr 11 by SomethingBlue

I think the thing is that Cook's a long time in this game and is not stupid. All he had to do was pop up — even with a short bit on the club website if he wanted — and say "It's exciting times for the club, looking forward to meeting the owners". A platitude but that'd get everyone the headline they want. At the end of the day the manager is the public face for the club's health, week in week out, so these things matter. There may well be no problem — but if that's the case Cook should have known to give out a quick line.

This is where we are.
The constant need for snippets of info and endless reassurance.
Pail Cook saying exactly the same words as he did last week would have stopped the conspiracy theories that have snowballed since 5pm yesterday.
It really doesn’t matter, it will all work itself out.
Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 12:17 - Apr 11 with 1691 viewsphillev231069

The fact he has said nothing since the takeover will cause speculation, it's human nature i'm afraid. Maybe it means nothing but he's been very happy up to now and always seemed to enjoy the press conferences and then..... Nothing! Just seems a bit odd and yes I am probably completely wrong.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 12:18]
Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 12:20 - Apr 11 with 1661 viewspointofblue

Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 12:00 - Apr 11 by ZXBlue

And Cook has caused the speculation by hiding away from the press. It could be there’s a pre-match press conference tomorrow and all this will blow over but whilst he doesn’t speak they will rumble on.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 13:51 - Apr 11 with 1402 viewsborge

Whilst this is obviously true, it overlooks the fact that Cook expected a certain level of responsibility that with the impending CEO appointment may now not transpire. Although we don't know whether this is actually any issue whatsoever from Cook's perspective, it will cause speculation until/unless he comes out and says something.
Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 15:20 - Apr 11 with 1197 viewsJimmyJazz

The elephant in the room though is our current form - he may still be top of the owner's list for now, but i doubt they will give him a free pass on the rest of the season and be satisfied to see us to stutter along and end up finishing 11th again

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 15:25 - Apr 11 with 1159 viewsborge

Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 15:20 - Apr 11 by JimmyJazz

The elephant in the room though is our current form - he may still be top of the owner's list for now, but i doubt they will give him a free pass on the rest of the season and be satisfied to see us to stutter along and end up finishing 11th again

I disagree. I think he will absolutely have a free pass and be allowed to build over the summer, but the question is whether he now wants to.
Login to get fewer ads

Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 15:33 - Apr 11 with 1086 viewsjontysnut

Can't quite believe that having scoured Europe for managerial talent they all ended up in Wigan.
Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 15:44 - Apr 11 with 1035 viewssolomon

Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 15:33 - Apr 11 by jontysnut

Can't quite believe that having scoured Europe for managerial talent they all ended up in Wigan.

To be fair I don’t think their options were that broad. Saying that PC is a very good choice for where we are now and where we need to go in the short term.
Says it all. Have a good afternoon. on 16:10 - Apr 11 with 918 viewsdeano85

Whats the phrase...?
"his silence speaks volumes"

Wonder if he feels he is now under added presure to impress owners that didn't employ him... Regardless of what they say
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024