Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... 12:37 - Apr 11 with 1690 viewsITFC_Forever

... and they got on fine, but PC didn’t take the job for another reason? Eg; length of contract?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 12:39 - Apr 11 with 1677 viewsJ2BLUE

It's quite possible. This whole thing seems to have grown from a few throwaway comments from posters that people have connected and dramatised.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 12:44 - Apr 11 with 1633 viewsITFC_Jenx

Didn't they only offer Cook a contract to the end of the season?
Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 12:57 - Apr 11 with 1591 viewsbournemouthblue

Is the possibility of Ashton the thing which might be worrying Cook?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 13:00 - Apr 11 with 1579 viewsMetal_Hacker

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 12:39 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

It's quite possible. This whole thing seems to have grown from a few throwaway comments from posters that people have connected and dramatised.

I’m half expecting ITV to start the bidding for a new TV drama

Poll: If it were one or the other

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 13:42 - Apr 11 with 1441 viewsjeera

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 12:39 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

True, but he's very unpopular with some of the fans isn't he?

There's quite a number celebrating his potential exit.

Despite naming their ground after him too.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 13:47 - Apr 11 with 1406 viewsHarryB

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 13:42 - Apr 11 by jeera

True, but he's very unpopular with some of the fans isn't he?

There's quite a number celebrating his potential exit.

Despite naming their ground after him too.

ive just looked at a Bristol forum. literally they all hate him. isn't that slightly worrying?
Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 13:56 - Apr 11 with 1362 viewsjeera

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 13:47 - Apr 11 by HarryB

ive just looked at a Bristol forum. literally they all hate him. isn't that slightly worrying?

Honestly I got nothing.

I mean, you'd like to think the new owners will have done their homework and it's still possible at this point he isn't Town's new CEO, but it does seem to be pointing that way.

I suppose as O'Leary has worked with him before, he wouldn't recommend him if he felt the relationship wouldn't be beneficial.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 14:51 - Apr 11 with 1279 viewsThe_Tomonator

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 12:57 - Apr 11 by bournemouthblue

Is the possibility of Ashton the thing which might be worrying Cook?

what to say anything worrying paul
Login to get fewer ads

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 15:30 - Apr 11 with 1186 viewsclive_baker

One big overreaction.

Let’s all just get behind Cook eh and judge him 10-15 games into next season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 15:36 - Apr 11 with 1172 viewsMetal_Hacker

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 15:30 - Apr 11 by clive_baker

One big overreaction.

Let’s all just get behind Cook eh and judge him 10-15 games into next season.

It’s getting nonsensical

I’m pretty sure he’ll be around next season and this has all be blown out of proportion.

If he does decide to wrap up and it’s a big if , I’m pretty sure there’d be other managers relishing the opportunity - rebuild , new owners , big club , potential beyond belief and all the other stuff

Fussed either way , just wish this would all settle down ffs

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:00 - Apr 11 with 1114 viewsParky

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 15:36 - Apr 11 by Metal_Hacker

It’s getting nonsensical

I’m pretty sure he’ll be around next season and this has all be blown out of proportion.

If he does decide to wrap up and it’s a big if , I’m pretty sure there’d be other managers relishing the opportunity - rebuild , new owners , big club , potential beyond belief and all the other stuff

Fussed either way , just wish this would all settle down ffs

You can’t say “it’s nonsensical” and then follow up with “I’m pretty sure”.

There’s been an overreaction on both sides of the fence. At the end of the day, nobody knows what is happening behind the scenes, it might all be an overreaction and it might not, you, or nobody else knows at this stage.

I don’t know if it’s just our fans, or it happens within all clubs, but some people are so desperate to be able to say “I told you so”.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 16:03]
Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:04 - Apr 11 with 1097 viewsMetal_Hacker

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:00 - Apr 11 by Parky

You can’t say “it’s nonsensical” and then follow up with “I’m pretty sure”.

There’s been an overreaction on both sides of the fence. At the end of the day, nobody knows what is happening behind the scenes, it might all be an overreaction and it might not, you, or nobody else knows at this stage.

I don’t know if it’s just our fans, or it happens within all clubs, but some people are so desperate to be able to say “I told you so”.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 16:03]

Of course I can say it’s nonsensical- I just did

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:06 - Apr 11 with 1087 viewsParky

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:04 - Apr 11 by Metal_Hacker

Of course I can say it’s nonsensical- I just did

Well it makes absolutely no sense. If you’re so sure it’s nonsense, why later on in your post do you continue to mention “if it’s true”?
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 16:07]
Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:08 - Apr 11 with 1074 viewsMetal_Hacker

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:06 - Apr 11 by Parky

Well it makes absolutely no sense. If you’re so sure it’s nonsense, why later on in your post do you continue to mention “if it’s true”?
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 16:07]

Read my post - nonsensical refers to how ridiculous all this blubber is over for what we know could be something or nothing right ?

What I am sure about if he walks , we’ll get someone else in

Pointless making all these assumptions and getting your knickers all in a knot

I really do wonder

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:11 - Apr 11 with 1064 viewsParky

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:08 - Apr 11 by Metal_Hacker

Read my post - nonsensical refers to how ridiculous all this blubber is over for what we know could be something or nothing right ?

What I am sure about if he walks , we’ll get someone else in

Pointless making all these assumptions and getting your knickers all in a knot

I really do wonder

I’ve read your post and it’s hypocritical. One hand you’re moaning about people being concerned and labelling it “nonsensical” and then the other hand you’re saying “if it is true...”

So as I said, you don’t know anymore than anybody else, therefore you don’t know if it’s “nonsensical”.

I also do wonder.
Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:17 - Apr 11 with 1030 viewsMetal_Hacker

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:11 - Apr 11 by Parky

I’ve read your post and it’s hypocritical. One hand you’re moaning about people being concerned and labelling it “nonsensical” and then the other hand you’re saying “if it is true...”

So as I said, you don’t know anymore than anybody else, therefore you don’t know if it’s “nonsensical”.

I also do wonder.

You’ve missed the point - none of us know right ? We agree on that much I’m sure

It’s nonsensical because no one knows either way and there’s a ton of fuss

You then look into the future a and say if it is true it then makes it none compliant with reference to being “nonsensical “ which is ridiculous

Work with the facts we have - facts being we don’t know making it nonsensical

Now - if it is true this whole scenario is still nonsensical because you’re predicting the future making it more nonsensical

How nonsensical is that ?

Listen , none of us know so just sit tight and wait until we do

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:24 - Apr 11 with 1003 viewsParky

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:17 - Apr 11 by Metal_Hacker

You’ve missed the point - none of us know right ? We agree on that much I’m sure

It’s nonsensical because no one knows either way and there’s a ton of fuss

You then look into the future a and say if it is true it then makes it none compliant with reference to being “nonsensical “ which is ridiculous

Work with the facts we have - facts being we don’t know making it nonsensical

Now - if it is true this whole scenario is still nonsensical because you’re predicting the future making it more nonsensical

How nonsensical is that ?

Listen , none of us know so just sit tight and wait until we do

You’ve missed the point.

Nonsensical
having no meaning; making no sense

You (and many others) can’t call something ‘nonsensical’ if you don’t know yourself.

As you rightly say, it might (and most likely) not be anything to be concerned about, but you can’t go around criticising people for being concerned, when you don’t know the answer yourself.
That is all.

For the record, this isn’t just you and I’ve probably gone a bit overboard on you, but I’ve seen it a lot on Twitter as well where people are trying to get on their high horse, undermining people for being concerned, when nobody knows what Cook is thinking.
Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:30 - Apr 11 with 982 viewsMetal_Hacker

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:24 - Apr 11 by Parky

You’ve missed the point.

Nonsensical
having no meaning; making no sense

You (and many others) can’t call something ‘nonsensical’ if you don’t know yourself.

As you rightly say, it might (and most likely) not be anything to be concerned about, but you can’t go around criticising people for being concerned, when you don’t know the answer yourself.
That is all.

For the record, this isn’t just you and I’ve probably gone a bit overboard on you, but I’ve seen it a lot on Twitter as well where people are trying to get on their high horse, undermining people for being concerned, when nobody knows what Cook is thinking.

You’ve agreed with me. No one knows so let’s just all chill is my point that’s all

I’m one for working with facts that’s all- perhaps I’m a “sit on the fencer “ at times but again , none of us know. Yeah I’m concerned as we all are but after supporting my team for over 40 years and most recently the last 14 years , nothing comes as a surprise anymore

If it’s true , then I’ll get my knickers in a twist MAYBE

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:31 - Apr 11 with 980 viewsGeorge03

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 13:47 - Apr 11 by HarryB

Ashton very controlling and Bristol city fans don’t like that. Ironically we need someone like that here.
Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 16:41 - Apr 11 with 958 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 17:52 - Apr 11 with 861 viewschrismakin

Ashton won't be any different to Jackson at Wigan, although he's maybe better

I just think PC IF he's worried at all, it will be because we have new owners overall

"
"No one had a chance. These guys were put into a horrific position. The owners, who were passed fit by the EFL... as a manager you think how can someone own the club for four weeks and then say 'no'? It's mind blowing.""

That's from his time at Wigan regarding the owners who ended up pulling out soon after taking control of the club.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 18:21 - Apr 11 with 821 viewstractorboy1978

Maybe Cook did meet Ashton if he was interviewed for the Brizzle job... on 17:52 - Apr 11 by chrismakin

Ashton won't be any different to Jackson at Wigan, although he's maybe better

I just think PC IF he's worried at all, it will be because we have new owners overall

"
"No one had a chance. These guys were put into a horrific position. The owners, who were passed fit by the EFL... as a manager you think how can someone own the club for four weeks and then say 'no'? It's mind blowing.""

That's from his time at Wigan regarding the owners who ended up pulling out soon after taking control of the club.

The scope of one CEO’s role can be vastly different to anothers. Cook had a fair amount of autonomy at Wigan and Portsmouth. And certainly signed his own players. Ashton seems responsible for virtually everything at Bristol City.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024