Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember how 'mericans respect their armed forces? 16:20 - Apr 11 with 610 viewsfactual_blue

Well, it seems terms and conditions apply

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56707979

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Remember how 'mericans respect their armed forces? on 16:23 - Apr 11 with 573 viewsDanTheMan

What a surprise, the guy was black.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Remember how 'mericans respect their armed forces? on 16:26 - Apr 11 with 556 viewsHARRY10

Policing in the UK is by consent (mostly)

Whereas in the US, it is one of the police acting as an occupying force
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 16:27]
Remember how 'mericans respect their armed forces? on 16:34 - Apr 11 with 535 viewswkj

"To Protect and Serve"

Having lived in Dodge City Kansas, even as a Caucasian male - their general demeanour was to intimidate and demand respect.

I was a manager with the WalMart there and the police officer that used to come out on loss prevention calls would always swan in, grab a coffee, then wade into the LP office where the shoplifter was being held. Rather than a calm inquisitive manner, his voice would be booming and commanding - to the point it was uncomfortable on the ears. (The LP office was no bigger than 3 toilet cubicles)

I know this is a stereotype, but I really don't have any experiences with US police that haven't been wrapped up with intimidation tactics. Poor bloke - imagine having a gun pulled on you for that. Even if he was slow to comply - guns drawn on a traffic stop, with presumably no priors being reported, is disgusting.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Remember how 'mericans respect their armed forces? on 16:41 - Apr 11 with 514 viewsBlueBadger

Ah yes, a bit like the 'sport are troops' brigade over here who consistently vote in favour of cuts to mental health services, drug and rehab rehabilitation facilities and disability payments.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 16:53]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Remember how 'mericans respect their armed forces? on 16:46 - Apr 11 with 484 viewsMullet

Remember how 'mericans respect their armed forces? on 16:23 - Apr 11 by DanTheMan

What a surprise, the guy was black.

...and Latino. Double bubble for the police brutality stakes unfortunately.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Remember how 'mericans respect their armed forces? on 16:48 - Apr 11 with 478 viewsfactual_blue

Remember how 'mericans respect their armed forces? on 16:34 - Apr 11 by wkj

"To Protect and Serve"

Having lived in Dodge City Kansas, even as a Caucasian male - their general demeanour was to intimidate and demand respect.

I was a manager with the WalMart there and the police officer that used to come out on loss prevention calls would always swan in, grab a coffee, then wade into the LP office where the shoplifter was being held. Rather than a calm inquisitive manner, his voice would be booming and commanding - to the point it was uncomfortable on the ears. (The LP office was no bigger than 3 toilet cubicles)

I know this is a stereotype, but I really don't have any experiences with US police that haven't been wrapped up with intimidation tactics. Poor bloke - imagine having a gun pulled on you for that. Even if he was slow to comply - guns drawn on a traffic stop, with presumably no priors being reported, is disgusting.

I take some comfort from imagining their faces when the victim says he's a Lieutenant.

Remember how 'mericans respect their armed forces? on 16:51 - Apr 11 with 461 viewsfactual_blue

Remember how 'mericans respect their armed forces? on 16:41 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

Ah yes, a bit like the 'sport are troops' brigade over here who consistently vote in favour of cuts to mental health services, drug and rehab rehabilitation facilities and disability payments.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 16:53]

..forgetting that damaged veterans are heavy users of all those services.

Although some of them are trying to pull a fast one.*

*I'm citing Warrant Office Cousin Factual here, who has worked as a welfare volunteer for the RBL, assisting members with various claims for assistance. 'I did twenty-two years,' he told me, 'I can tell when a squaddie is lying to me'.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024