Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God, how bloody out of touch was Ian Milne? 23:26 - Apr 11 with 1760 viewsGarv

Milne: Stick With Us 11th Apr 2016 10:26
MD Ian Milne has urged wavering season ticket holders to stick with the Blues, despite Town now looking highly unlikely to repeat last season’s play-off finish. The early bird deadline for buying 2016/17 season tickets at the cheapest prices passes at midday today. 139

[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 23:26]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

God, how bloody out of touch was Ian Milne? on 23:28 - Apr 11 with 1711 viewsJ2BLUE

Just so pleased the Evans era is over. I was amazed some didn't want the takeover to happen. Yes, it could be even worse, but I very much doubt it.

The club now at least has a chance.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

God, how bloody out of touch was Ian Milne? on 23:33 - Apr 11 with 1655 viewstextbackup

God, how bloody out of touch was Ian Milne? on 23:28 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

Just so pleased the Evans era is over. I was amazed some didn't want the takeover to happen. Yes, it could be even worse, but I very much doubt it.

The club now at least has a chance.

might be one final ME laugh to come

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

God, how bloody out of touch was Ian Milne? on 23:54 - Apr 11 with 1578 viewsJ2BLUE

God, how bloody out of touch was Ian Milne? on 23:33 - Apr 11 by textbackup

might be one final ME laugh to come

Possibly. Doubt it though. Evans might be imcompetant but he's always seemed honest enough. Whatever the official story might be, I just do not believe the takeover wasn't mentioned or that Evans mislead him.

If we put the pieces together that we've been told it just doesn't seem to add up that Cook is unhappy.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Or at least get a much better idea.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

God, how bloody out of touch was Ian Milne? on 00:14 - Apr 12 with 1521 viewsGarv

God, how bloody out of touch was Ian Milne? on 23:54 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

Possibly. Doubt it though. Evans might be imcompetant but he's always seemed honest enough. Whatever the official story might be, I just do not believe the takeover wasn't mentioned or that Evans mislead him.

If we put the pieces together that we've been told it just doesn't seem to add up that Cook is unhappy.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Or at least get a much better idea.

If Cook is upset that the takeover has happened because he didn't know it was on the cards then he's been absurdly naive. Even if he himself wasn't all that clued in his representatives will have been all over it. I'd imagine this is all a fuss over nothing.

He won't do anyone any favours by admitting it if it has put his nose out of joint. So I'd be surprised if we hear anything particularly revealing.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

God, how bloody out of touch was Ian Milne? on 00:27 - Apr 12 with 1485 viewshaynes_toe1

God, how bloody out of touch was Ian Milne? on 00:14 - Apr 12 by Garv

If Cook is upset that the takeover has happened because he didn't know it was on the cards then he's been absurdly naive. Even if he himself wasn't all that clued in his representatives will have been all over it. I'd imagine this is all a fuss over nothing.

He won't do anyone any favours by admitting it if it has put his nose out of joint. So I'd be surprised if we hear anything particularly revealing.

I cant see him saying anything even if like you say he's unhappy.

Firstly, there's no decent jobs around at the moment and contrary to this belief that Cook turned down championship jobs, all we really know is he spoke with a couple- they could have decided against him.

There's no bigger League One job than us, and him leaving another job quickly might make his CV start to look like he avoids challenges.
God, how bloody out of touch was Ian Milne? on 01:35 - Apr 12 with 1404 viewstextbackup

God, how bloody out of touch was Ian Milne? on 00:27 - Apr 12 by haynes_toe1

I cant see him saying anything even if like you say he's unhappy.

Firstly, there's no decent jobs around at the moment and contrary to this belief that Cook turned down championship jobs, all we really know is he spoke with a couple- they could have decided against him.

There's no bigger League One job than us, and him leaving another job quickly might make his CV start to look like he avoids challenges.

this is the same Paul Cook that turned down 2/3 jobs previously as they didnt suit him?

There's personal pride, and his own beliefs that come into play, if he's not happy that the job is what he believes he was sold I'd have nothing but respect for him, if it is true, that he's offered to resign.

We want everyone on the same page going forwards, the club has muddled along disjointed for too long.

There is nothing to say that a CEO (whoever he may be) will be a bigger success here than Paul Cook could have been.

at 0900 I think it'll be confirmed as to if he will remain here, if he turns up all smiles and onboard then great, if not, then it would pain me to see him leave as the worse record of an Ipswich manager called Paul.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

God, how bloody out of touch was Ian Milne? on 08:09 - Apr 12 with 1107 viewsRegencyBlue

Milne was the same as Clegg and ONeil, Evans mouthpiece and nothing more!
Worth reading the comments section of that post....!! on 08:33 - Apr 12 with 1016 viewsunstableblue

.... of that post!

And getting a sense of the true realities of the football in that season, a season when it was probably the right time to say to Mick “thanks for great work but we’re going in a new direction” and gone and hired a DECENT replacement, just think back clearly......

“ Think attractive football and a relegation battle would actually be more entertaining. Watching a team who can't work a goalkeeper for 90 minutes is soul destroying.” - 44 votes!!

“ The football is massively tedious.” 29 votes

“ Ipswich Town - as another contributor has said, once everyone's second favourite team, renowned for good football, family club both through ownership and atmosphere for supporters. And achieved some success.
Now run by an invisible owner, judging by this article a deluded managing director with no sense of the club's history or pride in the product on offer.
Worse of all, an awful hoofball manager, who is negative, inexplicable 'tactics', selects favourites above ability and is contemptuous of fans - even those who support him. Holds us to ransom over his first season, when lets face it, any half decent manager could have saved us from what went before.
McCarthy's offensive expletive ridden comments to a very soft press are also a disgrace to the club - he should be on a disrepute charge.
A very sad state of affairs.
McCarthy out” 49 votes

PS - go and take a look at the Cardiff City forum! There are 10s of posters now, despite some of the brilliant results he has achieved, stating they’re getting outplayed by out of form teams, they’re bypassing the midfield, stubbornness on substitutions, lack of playing youth, total reliance on Keiffer Moore. Why the 2 year contract extension.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Worth reading the comments section of that post....!! on 08:37 - Apr 12 with 985 viewsDanTheMan

Worth reading the comments section of that post....!! on 08:33 - Apr 12 by unstableblue

.... of that post!

And getting a sense of the true realities of the football in that season, a season when it was probably the right time to say to Mick “thanks for great work but we’re going in a new direction” and gone and hired a DECENT replacement, just think back clearly......

“ Think attractive football and a relegation battle would actually be more entertaining. Watching a team who can't work a goalkeeper for 90 minutes is soul destroying.” - 44 votes!!

“ The football is massively tedious.” 29 votes

“ Ipswich Town - as another contributor has said, once everyone's second favourite team, renowned for good football, family club both through ownership and atmosphere for supporters. And achieved some success.
Now run by an invisible owner, judging by this article a deluded managing director with no sense of the club's history or pride in the product on offer.
Worse of all, an awful hoofball manager, who is negative, inexplicable 'tactics', selects favourites above ability and is contemptuous of fans - even those who support him. Holds us to ransom over his first season, when lets face it, any half decent manager could have saved us from what went before.
McCarthy's offensive expletive ridden comments to a very soft press are also a disgrace to the club - he should be on a disrepute charge.
A very sad state of affairs.
McCarthy out” 49 votes

PS - go and take a look at the Cardiff City forum! There are 10s of posters now, despite some of the brilliant results he has achieved, stating they’re getting outplayed by out of form teams, they’re bypassing the midfield, stubbornness on substitutions, lack of playing youth, total reliance on Keiffer Moore. Why the 2 year contract extension.

I'd swap places with Cardiff right now.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Worth reading the comments section of that post....!! on 08:58 - Apr 12 with 891 viewsHighgateBlue

Worth reading the comments section of that post....!! on 08:37 - Apr 12 by DanTheMan

I'd swap managers with Cardiff right now...
Worth reading the comments section of that post....!! on 09:13 - Apr 12 with 814 viewsunstableblue

Worth reading the comments section of that post....!! on 08:37 - Apr 12 by DanTheMan

Dan - that’s not the point is it. We wouldn’t be where Cardiff are if we’d stuck with Mick, we’d have had a further disillusioned fan base and a team playing even more insular football. And he would have left anyway, with a team with still no midfield, right back, and playing less and less football.

Marcus fecked up his replacement and he stayed on too long!!

Read the comments. Remember the reality.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Worth reading the comments section of that post....!! on 09:16 - Apr 12 with 804 viewsDanTheMan

Worth reading the comments section of that post....!! on 09:13 - Apr 12 by unstableblue

Dan - that’s not the point is it. We wouldn’t be where Cardiff are if we’d stuck with Mick, we’d have had a further disillusioned fan base and a team playing even more insular football. And he would have left anyway, with a team with still no midfield, right back, and playing less and less football.

Marcus fecked up his replacement and he stayed on too long!!

Read the comments. Remember the reality.

I do remember the reality, the reality of playing not very good football but being ultimately stable, on a shoestring budget.

Mick's time was over here for sure by the time he left, the relationship had soured beyond saving.

I then recall what happened afterwards.

As for more insular football... we've not had a shot on target in two games. I don't think it's actually possible to get more negative. At least we scored before.

But I'm glad you're still obsessed with him.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 9:17]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024