Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
While we have no idea what will unfold 05:24 - Apr 12 with 511 viewsCoastalblue

and many will continue to berate and hate Marcus for his failures with us, and I'll accept there are things that are hard to defend, particularly his structure and staffing policies.

If things go as we hope they might though, it does beg the question if Marcus actually has done something massively right for us by turning down allegedly dozens of offers which he didn't feel were right for the Club or capable of taking us forward and sustaining it.

A part of me is wondering whether the added 2,3, 4 years or whatever it may have been of misery may turn out to be a price worth paying in the long run?

Marcus' biggest legacy could well be who he decided both to sell us to and not to sell us to. Let's hope he finally nailed a football flavoured decision.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

While we have no idea what will unfold on 05:30 - Apr 12 with 478 viewsBlueBadger

I'm not sure that 'he's marooned us in the third division for years on end whilst neglecting key areas of club infrastructure was all part of a master plan to improve the club' is quite the genius strategy you think it is.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 5:35]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

While we have no idea what will unfold on 05:36 - Apr 12 with 463 viewsCoastalblue

While we have no idea what will unfold on 05:30 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

I'm not sure that 'he's marooned us in the third division for years on end whilst neglecting key areas of club infrastructure was all part of a master plan to improve the club' is quite the genius strategy you think it is.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 5:35]

Not suggesting that in any way at all?

He could conceivably have sold us to somebody a while back that had as little idea or money to invest as he had though? I'm not trying to defend his tenure in any way, nor do I think or suggest he had a genius strategy, he clearly hadn't.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

While we have no idea what will unfold on 06:08 - Apr 12 with 441 viewssolomon

Unfortunately there’s nothing (as yet) to suggest this take over will bear fruit in the long run, I’m hopeful and only time will tell, but if ME had taken his obligation of ownership just a tad more seriously or with just a bit more pragmatism we wouldn’t be having this conversation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024