Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. 10:36 - Apr 12 with 1450 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It seems like Cook skipped his pressers, because he didn't want to talk about the takeover, which would have dominated all the questioning. Nothing more nothing less.

“But we’ve got some here-and-now issues that we want to address and as a football staff and a football group of people, we’re in a push for a promotion and we’ve got to stay with it.”

I think we've had, "That's typical of ITFC", in our heads for so long, that we are all constantly waiting for things to go wrong now.

Rest easy lads, all is well. Enjoy the ride, from the summer obviously, the next 7 games are going to be sh it, definite info.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 10:39 - Apr 12 with 1391 viewspointofblue

I thought he skipped them, the Saturday one anyway, because all he could do was speak negatively about the players at that point and he didn’t want to do that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 10:57 - Apr 12 with 1260 viewsSwansea_Blue

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 10:39 - Apr 12 by pointofblue

I thought he skipped them, the Saturday one anyway, because all he could do was speak negatively about the players at that point and he didn’t want to do that.

That's what he seems to have said. Which is a bit odd if you ask me. I thought this guy was supposed to be the nuts? Surely he can come out and give it the old 'I'm disappointed, but this is what we'll be doing to improve' talk for 2 minutes?

I don't like it when managers hide and shirk their media responsibilities. 95% of it is all soundbites and cliches of course, but it's still one of their main link to the fans; a good chance to get across their philosophy and try to carry the fans along with them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 11:02 - Apr 12 with 1213 viewschrismakin

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 10:57 - Apr 12 by Swansea_Blue

That's what he seems to have said. Which is a bit odd if you ask me. I thought this guy was supposed to be the nuts? Surely he can come out and give it the old 'I'm disappointed, but this is what we'll be doing to improve' talk for 2 minutes?

I don't like it when managers hide and shirk their media responsibilities. 95% of it is all soundbites and cliches of course, but it's still one of their main link to the fans; a good chance to get across their philosophy and try to carry the fans along with them.

He rarely did post game interviews at Wigan. Its not new for him. I get why. Asked the same old questions can only answer with the same old answers so why not get in speak to the players and meet with o leary

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 11:02 - Apr 12 with 1196 viewsHerbivore

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 10:39 - Apr 12 by pointofblue

My gut feeling was that he didn't fancy coming out and trotting out the exact same lines he's trotted out after pretty much every game he's been in charge. How many times can you say it's not good enough, we look toothless, lack belief etc.?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 11:03 - Apr 12 with 1199 viewsJ2BLUE

Already some people who were being negative yesterday are doubling down for the summer.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 11:04 - Apr 12 with 1185 viewssaffers12

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 11:02 - Apr 12 by Herbivore

My gut feeling was that he didn't fancy coming out and trotting out the exact same lines he's trotted out after pretty much every game he's been in charge. How many times can you say it's not good enough, we look toothless, lack belief etc.?

Yep, fully agree,
So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 11:07 - Apr 12 with 1139 viewsFixed_It

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 10:57 - Apr 12 by Swansea_Blue

I don't think he's a fan of post-match interviews tbh. He's said on numerous occasions that he has to be careful what he says. He's a passionate bloke, and it must be difficult to keep a lid on things so soon after a match - especially with the sh1t that this lot are serving up at the moment. Leam Richardson did quite a lot of his post-match pressers at Wigan I believe.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 11:08 - Apr 12 with 1130 viewsZXBlue

The utter nonsense in here over that issue is immensely damaging. We have a club with a toxic atmosphere. I am at a loss to understand how so many people saw fit to fuel it, based on complete sepculation.

PC probably now already feels under attack and challenge, and will feel the need to be cagey about everything.

Stop making things worse. Idiots.
Login to get fewer ads

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 11:12 - Apr 12 with 1088 viewsPinewoodblue

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 11:02 - Apr 12 by Herbivore

Didn’t want to say anything he might later regret both concerning takeover, and what he was thinking about his team.

What we all want to see is agoodjob being done on the pitch. He hasn’t helped himself hard to accuse players of ducking out when the pressure is on when you yourself done exactly that.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 11:14 - Apr 12 with 1075 viewsitfcjoe

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 11:02 - Apr 12 by chrismakin

He rarely did post game interviews at Wigan. Its not new for him. I get why. Asked the same old questions can only answer with the same old answers so why not get in speak to the players and meet with o leary

They aren't mutually exclusive

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 12:58 - Apr 12 with 778 viewsIllinoisblue

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 11:08 - Apr 12 by ZXBlue

The utter nonsense in here over that issue is immensely damaging. We have a club with a toxic atmosphere. I am at a loss to understand how so many people saw fit to fuel it, based on complete sepculation.

PC probably now already feels under attack and challenge, and will feel the need to be cagey about everything.

Stop making things worse. Idiots.

Yep, Cook is hanging on the word of this forum and now feels the need to be cagey.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 13:15 - Apr 12 with 700 viewsVic

From Phil’s later report I don’t think we need to even read between the lines! “That’s why I haven’t done press a couple of times because I’d be talking about the same problems”

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 13:23 - Apr 12 with 663 viewsSwansea_Blue

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 11:02 - Apr 12 by chrismakin

Ah right, I didn't realise that. I prefer it if the managers do. I like to know how they operate and what their philosophy is - it helps build a rapport with the fans imo. I'm sure the repeated questions must drive them up the wall, but managers can still use the occasions to work on their messaging and connection with the fans (look how the likes of Klopp use the format so well).

I won't lose any sleep over it though - it's certainly more important that he's a good coach rather than talking indirectly to me through a presser!

Good job Gill's had plenty of practice innit. One thing to be thankful to Lambert for.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 13:25 - Apr 12 with 650 viewstractordownsouth

I agree that managers should fulfil their media responsibilities but if the alternative in this situation was a repeat Paul Hurst post-Exeter then I'm happy that Gill did the interview instead.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 13:31 - Apr 12 with 636 viewschrismakin

So at the end of all that, and reading between the lines. on 13:23 - Apr 12 by Swansea_Blue

Ah right, I didn't realise that. I prefer it if the managers do. I like to know how they operate and what their philosophy is - it helps build a rapport with the fans imo. I'm sure the repeated questions must drive them up the wall, but managers can still use the occasions to work on their messaging and connection with the fans (look how the likes of Klopp use the format so well).

I won't lose any sleep over it though - it's certainly more important that he's a good coach rather than talking indirectly to me through a presser!

Good job Gill's had plenty of practice innit. One thing to be thankful to Lambert for.

I think he's finding it increasingly hard to speak to the press without being really 'honest' about the squad he has taken on, Today's speech pretty much is a buck up or get out demand.

Personally, I wouldn't have a clue what to say after another 0--0 where you really want to say " look, i've picked another side, tried another angle at trying to get a win and this sht lot can't even get a shot on target no matter who I select. But let's be positive, 7 to go, all to play for..

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024