Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Key words from Cook on squad ethos and qualities 13:38 - Apr 12 with 440 viewsunstableblue

Really interesting words from Paul below.

Man our new manager is disappointed in the work ethos, hunger and squad he’s inherited!!! But I think he’s disappointed that he’s been unable to squeeze something from these players - because let’s all be honest this is a poor start for him and there’s been no manager bounce.

Selection going forward is going to centre on those who are showing energy, and press and willingness to make a difference - which is a small pool. I can see Nydam starting. Bishop, judge, Dozzell are problem players for him.

I’m surprised Kenlock hasn’t been reintroduced.

Is he heaping too much pressure on the players? Probably. Should players like judge, Sears, Edwards, Bishop, Jackson be able to step up to it - hell yeah.

Tuesday night will be fascinating - COYB!!!

TWTD presser coverage extract:

Pressed further on the boost Norwood and Vincent-Young will give to his squad in the final seven matches of the season, Cook added: “You know yourself, I want to be very careful this morning, especially what I say about the players because I know fans today and everyone else, people want managers to come and be brash and say things that people want to hear.

“For me as a club, and the club’s obviously changed ownership, the performances that I watch are way off performances that I like as a manager.

“I don’t want to debate too much with you about good, bad and sidewards. We are in my opinion, a team that’s got a lot of work to do, shall we say.”

Cook is clearly a fan of Nydam, who caught the eye after such a lengthy spell out during the final half our on Saturday.

“Tristan, I’ve watched the last two U23 games and one of the criticisms of the team as a team is that, again I’m going to speak carefully, we don’t have enough contact, we’re nice,” he reflected.

“[We need to] have players in the team who have contact and win the ball back and break up play, then you’re supposed to supply flair players with the ball to go and create chances and score.

“As you can see with us at the minute, we’re just very much a work in progress. Tristan’s got great qualities, as a lad he’s got a heart as big as a lion, he’s got a great desire to win games, to compete, and that’s something in a lot of games we lack.”

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024