Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
700m ring-fenced in cash 14:01 - Apr 12 with 5930 viewsBlueastheycome

For ITFC according to Mark Steed- the chief investment officer of the pension fund on Twitter

I think I need a beer and a lie down
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 14:02]
700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:02 - Apr 12 with 4359 viewsitfcpaul

Where did he say that?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:02 - Apr 12 with 4359 viewstractorboy1978

That's not what he said.
700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:03 - Apr 12 with 4349 viewsCoastalblue

I didn't read it that way, I saw that as the cash the fund had, not money earmarked for us.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:03 - Apr 12 with 4333 viewsclive_baker

I think he's referring to the fund. Would imagine only a fraction of that will be finding its way to Cookie's war chest.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:04 - Apr 12 with 4313 viewschrismakin

It sounds big, but with all we need doing it wont last that long

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:04 - Apr 12 with 4309 viewsBlueastheycome

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:02 - Apr 12 by tractorboy1978

That's not what he said.

Apologies just had another look at the tweet in question:

So a fan asked him if they have the dough for us..and he replied ‘we have a fund of 13 billion and we’re holding 700m in cash..so yeah’
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 14:08]
700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:07 - Apr 12 with 4243 viewseireblue

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:04 - Apr 12 by Blueastheycome

So a fan asked him if they have the dough for us..and he replied ‘we have a fund of 13 billion and we’re holding 700m in cash..so yeah’

So we have 13 Billion and some change, nice.
700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:08 - Apr 12 with 4231 viewsN2_Blue

We have a winner...for misleading post of the day!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Login to get fewer ads

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:08 - Apr 12 with 4226 viewsclive_baker

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:04 - Apr 12 by Blueastheycome

Yes their fund has a value of 13bn, and they are sitting on 700m of cash. That doesn't mean they're waiting to throw all of their cash reserves at one of their investments. That's the whole fund.

ITFC is just a small part of their fund (circa 0.3% based on those numbers and a value of £40m attributed to ITFC).

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:11 - Apr 12 with 4187 viewsBlueastheycome

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:08 - Apr 12 by N2_Blue

We have a winner...for misleading post of the day!

I was just checking you are all awake today... it worked. Either way, there is no better time to be at least a little excited being backed by such wealthy and potentially very willing investors. Roll on the summer and onwards !
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 14:12]
700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:14 - Apr 12 with 4127 viewschrismakin

What i'd like to know is if ORG itself or Gamechanger itself has further investors

The pension pot from memory was sounded out as being the pot to purchase the club......
where does the long term investment come from, a small % of the Pension Pot won't do much more than what Evans put in..... there needs to be some severe investment coming from somewhere...........

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:17 - Apr 12 with 4091 viewsRyorry

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:08 - Apr 12 by clive_baker

Yes their fund has a value of 13bn, and they are sitting on 700m of cash. That doesn't mean they're waiting to throw all of their cash reserves at one of their investments. That's the whole fund.

ITFC is just a small part of their fund (circa 0.3% based on those numbers and a value of £40m attributed to ITFC).

1/100th, 7m, would still be quite nice!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:20 - Apr 12 with 4077 viewsSomethingBlue

Not quite what he meant but I think his bosses could do with having a quiet word, much as it's great to hear such enthusiasm at that end.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:22 - Apr 12 with 4049 viewschrismakin

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:08 - Apr 12 by clive_baker

Watsons just tweeted about it, so maybe the 700m is our pot and it's not a % of that pot.

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:26 - Apr 12 with 4009 viewsBlueastheycome

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:22 - Apr 12 by chrismakin

Watsons just tweeted about it, so maybe the 700m is our pot and it's not a % of that pot.

Yep just seen that..maybe I had been too hasty to apologise !
700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:27 - Apr 12 with 3998 viewsMetal_Hacker

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:20 - Apr 12 by SomethingBlue

Not quite what he meant but I think his bosses could do with having a quiet word, much as it's great to hear such enthusiasm at that end.

Thinking exactly the same !

Poll: If it were one or the other

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:27 - Apr 12 with 3990 viewschrismakin

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:26 - Apr 12 by Blueastheycome

Yep just seen that..maybe I had been too hasty to apologise !

Be interesting to see

Whilst M.E had over £800 Mill, certainly his cash pot was no where that

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:28 - Apr 12 with 3994 viewstractorboy1978

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:20 - Apr 12 by SomethingBlue

Yes, I imagine O'Leary and the incoming CEO are delighted to have their bargaining position publicly weakened.
700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:30 - Apr 12 with 3971 viewspointofblue

No wonder Cook’s excited!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:39 - Apr 12 with 3910 viewsMetal_Hacker

I think the Watson Tweet is simply a background to the funds from the original Tweet from Mark Steed . Don't think it's saying we have $700m to spend over the Summer in all fairness

Sorry for keeping my feet on the ground

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:43 - Apr 12 with 3854 viewschrismakin

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:39 - Apr 12 by Metal_Hacker

I think the Watson Tweet is simply a background to the funds from the original Tweet from Mark Steed . Don't think it's saying we have $700m to spend over the Summer in all fairness

No, It wont be what is available in the summer but if the £700 mill is the pot available, that's their investment potential to get the club up and stable in the prem.... alot more money than Evans had availble. Which also means, they can afford a proper CEO, and to get things done around the ground and use white linemarking paint for u18 games

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:46 - Apr 12 with 3821 viewsPhilTWTD

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:43 - Apr 12 by chrismakin

No, It wont be what is available in the summer but if the £700 mill is the pot available, that's their investment potential to get the club up and stable in the prem.... alot more money than Evans had availble. Which also means, they can afford a proper CEO, and to get things done around the ground and use white linemarking paint for u18 games

It's dollars anyway, not pounds. That's the overall fund.
700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:46 - Apr 12 with 3814 viewsMetal_Hacker

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:43 - Apr 12 by chrismakin

I honestly think if we get 1% of that $700m for the playing staff this Summer we've done well but I could be wrong . One other problem being , not many League 1 players go for much more than £500k to be honest. Then again with 7-8 players we need there's £4m already , add wages and admin - there's the 1%

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:50 - Apr 12 with 3777 viewsclive_baker

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:39 - Apr 12 by Metal_Hacker

Mine are firmly on the ground too, I'll believe 700m investment into ITFC when I see it.

It's pure guess work, but I would imagine they'll invest what they think they need to this summer to make us competitive next year, but it won't be silly. It'll mostly be paying attractive L1 wages to freebies I imagine and Cook building out his squad here. They'll no doubt be happy to suck up a loss, as Evans was, but as with anything the more ST's we sell the bigger the pot for Cook I would imagine.

It's once we're in the Championship that things will be interesting, as they could then turn the taps on to give us a shot of the riches of the PL. If that, by some miracle, is this summer, then their fresh enthusiasm for it coupled with what would have been an enjoyable couple of months for us all would make things really juicy. That's why the next 7 (+3 perhaps) games could be so vital. Not a disaster if we don't go up, but I really do think it could be one hell of a summer of activity if we managed it.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 14:52]

700m ring-fenced in cash on 14:51 - Apr 12 with 3762 viewsJ2BLUE

£700m...basic common sense should tell you that's not for us!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024