Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cor Evans lost over £50 Mill during the pandemic 14:20 - Apr 12 with 1354 viewschrismakin

Worth now down to £750 mill

Edited, I was comparing to 2019's list in my OP.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 15:16]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:38 - Apr 12 with 1273 viewsjeera

Really? Blimey.

There was a piece somewhere recently that suggested his firms had fared well over the pandemic with video conference type set-ups and whatever that entails, like I'd know.

I wish I could afford to lose £100 million though so I won't lose any sleep for him just yet.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:40 - Apr 12 with 1269 viewshomer_123

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:38 - Apr 12 by jeera

Really? Blimey.

There was a piece somewhere recently that suggested his firms had fared well over the pandemic with video conference type set-ups and whatever that entails, like I'd know.

I wish I could afford to lose £100 million though so I won't lose any sleep for him just yet.

£100m might be 'good' within the context of his industry.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:40 - Apr 12 with 1268 viewsZXBlue

Given that last years accounts wont be filed for some considerable time yet, I am intrigued by the source.
Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:41 - Apr 12 with 1263 viewschrismakin

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:38 - Apr 12 by jeera

Really? Blimey.

Imagine being able to wake up and know you lost that amount but still had 750. I get excited findng a 20 down the back of the sofa

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:42 - Apr 12 with 1259 viewschrismakin

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:40 - Apr 12 by ZXBlue

Given that last years accounts wont be filed for some considerable time yet, I am intrigued by the source.

Unsure, It was part of the Watson news piece about our new owners

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:43 - Apr 12 with 1241 viewsRozz

Would that include a sizable lump of debt owed by owe of his companies to the other? ...£80m perhaps?
Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:44 - Apr 12 with 1236 viewsMookamoo

He'll drop some more with no international fans at the Olympics
Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:44 - Apr 12 with 1223 viewsjeera

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:42 - Apr 12 by chrismakin

Unsure, It was part of the Watson news piece about our new owners

Not to complain but just to note, it's useful if you could stick a link up when posting this kind of stuff.

It saves a dozen questions over the source.

And makes for interesting reading of course, a bit of context and all that.

Login to get fewer ads

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:45 - Apr 12 with 1220 viewsmonytowbray

Oh god no, how will he feed his family and survive!?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:45 - Apr 12 with 1213 viewschrismakin

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:44 - Apr 12 by jeera

Not to complain but just to note, it's useful if you could stick a link up when posting this kind of stuff.

It saves a dozen questions over the source.

And makes for interesting reading of course, a bit of context and all that.

Will do.

part of this piece

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:46 - Apr 12 with 1206 viewsjeera

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:45 - Apr 12 by monytowbray

Oh god no, how will he feed his family and survive!?

Crowdfund obviously.

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:50 - Apr 12 with 1193 viewsmonytowbray

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:46 - Apr 12 by jeera

Crowdfund obviously.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 15:03 - Apr 12 with 1154 viewsZXBlue

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:43 - Apr 12 by Rozz

Would that include a sizable lump of debt owed by owe of his companies to the other? ...£80m perhaps?

Good point. An 80m loss would do it...
Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 15:10 - Apr 12 with 1143 viewshoppy

Just think of Cor Lems, and how it might've affected him...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 15:11 - Apr 12 with 1129 viewsjeera

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 15:03 - Apr 12 by ZXBlue

Good point. An 80m loss would do it...

And the article does say 'only' £50 million according to the Rich List too.

I don't know how it's compiled to be honest, but like you, would be surprised if it could categorically include the tax year just gone.

X amount thrown at Town etc carried over on top of whatever else from the year before?

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 15:16 - Apr 12 with 1109 viewschrismakin

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 15:11 - Apr 12 by jeera

And the article does say 'only' £50 million according to the Rich List too.

I don't know how it's compiled to be honest, but like you, would be surprised if it could categorically include the tax year just gone.

X amount thrown at Town etc carried over on top of whatever else from the year before?

Ah sorry, I thought that was this years and the one I read was last years but it was 2019s. When he had £850 Mill.

Will be intersting to see the next list for the full 2020 year when it comes out, if he's gone from the 850 - 750 in over 1 year, then 2020 couldn't have been kind to him.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 15:18]

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 15:21 - Apr 12 with 1070 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 15:16 - Apr 12 by chrismakin

Ah sorry, I thought that was this years and the one I read was last years but it was 2019s. When he had £850 Mill.

Will be intersting to see the next list for the full 2020 year when it comes out, if he's gone from the 850 - 750 in over 1 year, then 2020 couldn't have been kind to him.

You realise all those numbers are estimates and in the case of Evans it's very difficult to estimate his wealth since his business is privately owned etc?

I expect the value of his real estate appreciated significantly in the last 12 months so whilst cash resources would have been impacted, overall he won't be much worse off.
Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 15:22 - Apr 12 with 1057 viewschrismakin

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 15:21 - Apr 12 by PrideOfTheEast

You realise all those numbers are estimates and in the case of Evans it's very difficult to estimate his wealth since his business is privately owned etc?

I expect the value of his real estate appreciated significantly in the last 12 months so whilst cash resources would have been impacted, overall he won't be much worse off.

So in otherwords a pretty pointless list then lol

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 15:24 - Apr 12 with 1036 viewsjeera

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 15:16 - Apr 12 by chrismakin

I think when you're dealing with that kind of money those figures are almost meaningless.

So much will be getting moved about that it must be almost impossible to ascertain an absolute figure at any given time.

It will also include assets whose value will fluctuate according to the current trend.

Edit: waste of a post as I hadn't seen Pride of the East's!
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 15:26]

Cor Evans lost over £50 Mill during the pandemic on 15:25 - Apr 12 with 1036 viewsPhilTWTD

That figure comes from the 2020 list which came out in May, so unlikely to have factored in the impact of the pandemic too much. From what I was told his businesses were surprisingly resilient given the circumstances.

Evans Joint-188th in Rich List 17th May 2020 10:17
Town owner Marcus Evans is ranked the joint-188th richest person in the UK with his wealth having dropped £50 million to £750 million, according to the 2020 Sunday Times Rich List which is released today. 62

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 15:26 - Apr 12 with 1028 viewsPhilTWTD

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:44 - Apr 12 by Mookamoo

He'll drop some more with no international fans at the Olympics

I think he's given up on that, Brazil wasn't great PR!
Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 18:08 - Apr 12 with 840 viewswkj

Cor Evans lost over £100 Mill during the pandemic on 14:41 - Apr 12 by chrismakin

Imagine being able to wake up and know you lost that amount but still had 750. I get excited findng a 20 down the back of the sofa

Losing near 10% of someone's portfolio in 1 year would not make anyone feel good.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024