Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I the only one... 17:08 - Apr 12 with 2648 viewsFixed_It

...who thinks trolling one of our own players on social media is a bit naff - even if he brings it on himself. It can't be a positive thing, can it?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Am I the only one... on 17:26 - Apr 12 with 1797 viewsJ2BLUE

It's not good. Can't imagine it's much of an impression on Cook or the new owners either as Norwood seems to be on the keep list.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Am I the only one... on 17:29 - Apr 12 with 1778 viewssaffers12

Am I the only one... on 17:26 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

It's not good. Can't imagine it's much of an impression on Cook or the new owners either as Norwood seems to be on the keep list.

I know its been a long time but I would like to see how we behave when things are going well
Am I the only one... on 17:31 - Apr 12 with 1769 viewsgreyhound

Am I the only one... on 17:29 - Apr 12 by saffers12

I know its been a long time but I would like to see how we behave when things are going well

This is the unimaginable scenario by now
Am I the only one... on 17:31 - Apr 12 with 1774 viewsStokieBlue

None of the players really need to be on social media. I know it's the done thing but that might change for a lot of clubs I think.

Only misery usually comes from it and it gives loons the opportunity to either poke them or hero worship them as well as giving them a chance to act like tools which Norwood seems to do quite often.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Am I the only one... on 17:32 - Apr 12 with 1767 viewsSwansea_Blue

In the stupidity stakes it's right up there with one of our own players trolling the fans on social media. Why do they all bother, fans and player alike?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Am I the only one... on 17:33 - Apr 12 with 1755 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Why would you think you're the only one?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Am I the only one... on 17:34 - Apr 12 with 1756 viewsBlueBadger

Am I the only one... on 17:32 - Apr 12 by Swansea_Blue

In the stupidity stakes it's right up there with one of our own players trolling the fans on social media. Why do they all bother, fans and player alike?

1. Footballers aren't, as a whole, very bright.
2. A n awful lot of ITFC fans, especially those on Twitter, aren't very bright.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Am I the only one... on 17:35 - Apr 12 with 1746 viewsSwansea_Blue

Am I the only one... on 17:33 - Apr 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Why would you think you're the only one?

Lockdown innit. Sometimes it's hard to know if there's anyone else out there

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Am I the only one... on 17:37 - Apr 12 with 1709 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Am I the only one... on 17:32 - Apr 12 by Swansea_Blue

V true.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Am I the only one... on 17:43 - Apr 12 with 1662 viewsDarth_Koont

Not at all. It’s fecking strange behaviour.

Pronouns: He/Him

Am I the only one... on 17:55 - Apr 12 with 1627 viewsGlasgowBlue

This isn't going to end well.

He's better off taking himself away from social media. Especially the day before a game.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Am I the only one... on 18:02 - Apr 12 with 1584 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Am I the only one... on 17:55 - Apr 12 by GlasgowBlue

He's better off taking himself away from social media. Especially the day before a game.

I suspect the new owners will be keen to end this type of player / fan interaction. Soon hopefully.

Am I the only one... on 18:06 - Apr 12 with 1539 viewsPJH

Am I the only one... on 18:02 - Apr 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

I suspect the new owners will be keen to end this type of player / fan interaction. Soon hopefully.

Am I the only one... on 18:07 - Apr 12 with 1529 viewshype313

New owners, new manager and a club going places, clearly looking to improve the team and you have a guy that spends his off time arguing with the fans, stoking flames and doesn't have a record at ITFC to back it up.

He just seems like someone who finally got the fat contract and has lost the desire, I can't imagine it's going to look favorably with the hierarchy.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Am I the only one... on 18:09 - Apr 12 with 1509 viewswaveneyblue

Maybe it's because I'm old, but I absolutely hate it.

Norwood doesn't help himself, but the crap he gets on there is off the scale
Am I the only one... on 18:09 - Apr 12 with 1507 viewsFunge

It's fcking idiotic behaviour.

Norwood is part of the *worst* ITFC team I've ever seen, in 35 years (and, by Christ, there's been some really stiff competition for that title these past 3 years).

How does he think this is going to go down?

Perhaps he gets to 'own' some bolshy teenager from Elmswell, or somewhere, with his tweets; wicked, nice one James, 2 World Wide Web points to you.

Meanwhile, perhaps show even a passing interest in the job that's paying you £000's a week, while most of the country is nervously worrying about being made redundant - there's a light-bulb moment for you, to go alongside your light-bulb physique.

TL:DR - stop being a prick, Norwood.

I suspect the Americans will have a very limited tolerance for stuff like this. I hope not, anyway.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 18:11]
Am I the only one... on 18:10 - Apr 12 with 1496 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Am I the only one... on 18:07 - Apr 12 by hype313

New owners, new manager and a club going places, clearly looking to improve the team and you have a guy that spends his off time arguing with the fans, stoking flames and doesn't have a record at ITFC to back it up.

He just seems like someone who finally got the fat contract and has lost the desire, I can't imagine it's going to look favorably with the hierarchy.

The daft thing is, at this rate it will be his last big contract.

He needs to knuckle down and make the most of his opportunity.

Am I the only one... on 18:10 - Apr 12 with 1490 viewschrismakin

Players shouldn't interact rule number 1

Twitter is full of Bots and it's not uncommon for people to be goaded over and over again.

Out of the thousands of town fans he wont remember the support given to him he will remember his interactions on twitter. He is best to leave well alone and let his talking be done on the pitch

The reason he is a hero at tranmere is because he did just that

At town. Weve had a rubbish season ( yes I get we.re 7th but it doesnt feel like it)
And he has spent alot of time letting fans know about his off field antics which doesnt sit well whilst you're struggling to score goals.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 18:13]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Am I the only one... on 18:15 - Apr 12 with 1455 viewsLankHenners

Where's the "trolling"? He invites engagement then gives it the 'haha look at these morons tweeting me, the bunch of losers'.

Struggling to see your working for putting the blame on the fanbase for Norwood's tw@ttery.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Am I the only one... on 18:15 - Apr 12 with 1453 viewsMattinLondon

Social Media should be a positive platform - a chance for fans to interact with players but unfortunately it seems to break down too easily.

A fan verbally attacks a player and if that player replies by taking the p**s then said fan becomes the biggest snowflake in England.

Seemingly if a player uses Twitter to dare criticise the commentary on local radio you get tens of fans screaming ‘disrespect’ just because Mick Mills, in their opinion, is being criticised.

In most cases, it’s the fans who shouldn’t be so touchy about the most inane of comments.
Am I the only one... on 18:21 - Apr 12 with 1410 viewschrismakin

Am I the only one... on 18:15 - Apr 12 by MattinLondon

Social Media should be a positive platform - a chance for fans to interact with players but unfortunately it seems to break down too easily.

A fan verbally attacks a player and if that player replies by taking the p**s then said fan becomes the biggest snowflake in England.

Seemingly if a player uses Twitter to dare criticise the commentary on local radio you get tens of fans screaming ‘disrespect’ just because Mick Mills, in their opinion, is being criticised.

In most cases, it’s the fans who shouldn’t be so touchy about the most inane of comments.

It's not hard tho.

My work has a social media policy. The club should have one too.

If hes tweeting it should have certain provisions. He doesnt appear to have any.

I cant remember seeing any players of any clubs baiting their own fans.. I'll apologise if people can show me this. But I've never seen it.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Am I the only one... on 18:24 - Apr 12 with 1397 viewsMattinLondon

Am I the only one... on 18:21 - Apr 12 by chrismakin

It's not hard tho.

My work has a social media policy. The club should have one too.

If hes tweeting it should have certain provisions. He doesnt appear to have any.

I cant remember seeing any players of any clubs baiting their own fans.. I'll apologise if people can show me this. But I've never seen it.

How exactly does he bait?

From what I’ve seen of his tweets (and it’s very limited) people have a go at him and he does the same back.
Am I the only one... on 18:25 - Apr 12 with 1373 viewschrismakin

Am I the only one... on 18:24 - Apr 12 by MattinLondon

From what I’ve seen of his tweets (and it’s very limited) people have a go at him and he does the same back.

He literally tweeted that he wrote and posted something to bait people.. so he admitted it himself.

And In the past people have mentioned him without tagging. But he jumped into their tweets to start an exchange of words..

Twitter is full of idiots. Dont give them the platform to do it
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 18:27]

Am I the only one... on 18:28 - Apr 12 with 1352 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Am I the only one... on 18:15 - Apr 12 by MattinLondon

And then there's the issue that many players don't even operate their own accounts.

It comes to something when Joe Hart has someone doing his Twitter for him.

It's all a bit pointless.

Am I the only one... on 18:28 - Apr 12 with 1334 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Am I the only one... on 18:24 - Apr 12 by MattinLondon

He mentioned in his tweet that he had baited people.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024