Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunak should resign... 23:01 - Apr 12 with 2315 viewsunstableblue

... can’t see how this isn’t corruption and an abuse of power.

Most rotten government in memory.

Brexit basically meant that a low quality Cabinet, with questionable credentials, was formed, as any quality or seniority in the Tory leadership had resigned or been booted out of the Boris sicophant collective created to implement our EU exit.

I mean Priti Patel, jesus.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Sunak should resign... on 08:02 - Apr 13 with 1665 viewsGuthrum

Tho one wonders how much the willingness to have an inquiry is Johnson happy to nobble rivals old and new.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sunak should resign... on 08:24 - Apr 13 with 1596 viewsOldsmoker

This piece in the Guardian from Simon Jenkins. I find him a bit right-wing for my liking but his analysis of Johnson lying about NI to get Brexit done is spot on. BoJo lied to the DUP and Arlene Foster will have his guts for garters.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/12/boris-johnson-irish-border

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Sunak should resign... on 08:36 - Apr 13 with 1544 views26_Paz

I’m not sure what Sunak has done wrong? The company didn’t get any government loans did they?

The Paz Man

Sunak should resign... on 08:48 - Apr 13 with 1517 viewshype313

Sunak should resign... on 08:36 - Apr 13 by 26_Paz

I’m not sure what Sunak has done wrong? The company didn’t get any government loans did they?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sunak should resign... on 08:50 - Apr 13 with 1503 viewsHerbivore

Sunak should resign... on 08:48 - Apr 13 by hype313

Dan Hodges is a terrible 'journalist'.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sunak should resign... on 08:51 - Apr 13 with 1502 viewsChurchman

Sunak should resign... on 08:24 - Apr 13 by Oldsmoker

This piece in the Guardian from Simon Jenkins. I find him a bit right-wing for my liking but his analysis of Johnson lying about NI to get Brexit done is spot on. BoJo lied to the DUP and Arlene Foster will have his guts for garters.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/12/boris-johnson-irish-border

Yes, I think Jenkins’ piece about Johnson/NI is about right. The thing is that there is nothing new about the issue and the risks of NI and Brexit. The impossibility of a solution with hard brexit/ no deal were known more than three years ago.

As far as I’m concerned, Johnson lied/mislead and not by accident and should resign. Sunak’s efforts should be investigated and if he’s done wrong, he should be out too. In fact, this should be followed by a general election autumn this year or spring next, assuming the pandemic is under control. The government should stand on its record of how it handled the pandemic and the true cost of Brexit.
Sunak should resign... on 08:54 - Apr 13 with 1477 viewshype313

Sunak should resign... on 08:50 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

Dan Hodges is a terrible 'journalist'.

Well, yes, but what's he's saying is right, what has been done wrong? Look I'm no fan of Boris and his cronies but this kind of lobbying has been going on for years under all parties, don't hate the player, hate the game.

Sunak should resign... on 09:03 - Apr 13 with 1444 viewsHerbivore

Sunak should resign... on 08:54 - Apr 13 by hype313

Well, yes, but what's he's saying is right, what has been done wrong? Look I'm no fan of Boris and his cronies but this kind of lobbying has been going on for years under all parties, don't hate the player, hate the game.

Do you not think it's a bit odd that he's attacking people for pre-judging the inquiry whilst simultaneously suggesting no wrong-doing?

Login to get fewer ads

Sunak should resign... on 09:04 - Apr 13 with 1432 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sunak should resign... on 09:05 - Apr 13 with 1432 viewshype313

Sunak should resign... on 09:03 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

Do you not think it's a bit odd that he's attacking people for pre-judging the inquiry whilst simultaneously suggesting no wrong-doing?

Well no, because he clearly thinks there has been no wrong doing.

Sunak should resign... on 09:09 - Apr 13 with 1405 viewsHerbivore

Sunak should resign... on 09:05 - Apr 13 by hype313

Well no, because he clearly thinks there has been no wrong doing.

Righto.

Sunak should resign... on 09:11 - Apr 13 with 1400 viewsStokieBlue

Within the existing rules Sunak (who I am not a fan of) doesn't seem to have done anything wrong and I assume that is why he released the text messages. In the end Cameron didn't get what he wanted either so I am not sure how it's abuse of power.

Lobbying can be pretty awful but it's allowed within certain remits. The discussion should be around whether those remits should be changed so this type of approach is illegal in future.

It's important to be precise with these things because anything which isn't precise and correct is open to belittling and whatabouterry from those who don't want to see reforms of the type above.

If you really want to see a disingenous individual then read this article where Cameron says he wants to take on the lobbyists:

https://www.politics.co.uk/news/2010/02/08/cameron-takes-on-the-lobbyists/

This is especially poignant:

“David Cameron is right to warn that corporate lobbying in parliament is ‘the next big scandal waiting to happen'"

I guess people can change their minds quite easily over 11 years when they change their sources of income.....

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sunak should resign... on 09:18 - Apr 13 with 1362 viewsHerbivore

Sunak should resign... on 09:11 - Apr 13 by StokieBlue

Within the existing rules Sunak (who I am not a fan of) doesn't seem to have done anything wrong and I assume that is why he released the text messages. In the end Cameron didn't get what he wanted either so I am not sure how it's abuse of power.

Lobbying can be pretty awful but it's allowed within certain remits. The discussion should be around whether those remits should be changed so this type of approach is illegal in future.

It's important to be precise with these things because anything which isn't precise and correct is open to belittling and whatabouterry from those who don't want to see reforms of the type above.

If you really want to see a disingenous individual then read this article where Cameron says he wants to take on the lobbyists:

“David Cameron is right to warn that corporate lobbying in parliament is ‘the next big scandal waiting to happen'"

I guess people can change their minds quite easily over 11 years when they change their sources of income.....

SB

Cameron always was a grifter. The whole 'call me Dave' nonsense and attempting to be a blue Blair was horribly transparent.

Sunak should resign... on 09:49 - Apr 13 with 1220 viewsPinewoodblue

Sunak should resign... on 09:18 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

Cameron always was a grifter. The whole 'call me Dave' nonsense and attempting to be a blue Blair was horribly transparent.

Dennis Skinner hit the nail on the head with his Dodgy Dave speech that lead to him being exclude from HoC.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sunak should resign... on 10:00 - Apr 13 with 1193 viewsHerbivore

Sunak should resign... on 09:49 - Apr 13 by Pinewoodblue

Dennis Skinner hit the nail on the head with his Dodgy Dave speech that lead to him being exclude from HoC.

Kind of feel like Dennis is owed an apology now.

Sunak should resign... on 10:01 - Apr 13 with 1185 viewsStokieBlue

Sunak should resign... on 09:11 - Apr 13 by StokieBlue

SB

What do you take issue with in that post Sitters?

Or are you just going around the forum downvoting any posts of mine you can find because you don't like your behaviour being questioned?

Let's hear your analysis of the situation.

SB
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 10:02]

Sunak should resign... on 10:14 - Apr 13 with 1130 viewsHARRY10

Sunak should resign... on 09:49 - Apr 13 by Pinewoodblue

I met him once, he was sat in a bench in St James Park eating his lunch (sandwiches)

Only later did I learn that he never accepted lunch, as he stated there is no such thing as a free lunch. And that he only drew the same level of pay as what his previous job in the pits would be paying.

Yet he was hounded by the right wing press. Perhaps because of those kinds of comments.

Reading some of the comments on here, which try to distract from Cameron's (and others) clear wrong doing remind me of gormless eastenders defending the Krays
Sunak should resign... on 10:15 - Apr 13 with 1127 viewspeterleeblue

Sunak should resign... on 09:18 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

I can never forgive Cameron for Student Fees and Brexit.
I am delighted that he is now the subject of this inquiry.
Sunak should resign... on 10:59 - Apr 13 with 1052 viewsPinewoodblue

Sunak should resign... on 10:00 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

Kind of feel like Dennis is owed an apology now.

When you look at recent times, at the quality of those who have been appointed Prime Minister it makes you appreciate the Monarchy more. The thought of an all powerful President Cameron, Johnson etc is scary.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sunak should resign... on 11:06 - Apr 13 with 1030 viewsHerbivore

Sunak should resign... on 10:59 - Apr 13 by Pinewoodblue

When you look at recent times, at the quality of those who have been appointed Prime Minister it makes you appreciate the Monarchy more. The thought of an all powerful President Cameron, Johnson etc is scary.

Think this is where we might have to diverge. The hopelessness of the recent PMs doesn't make me any fonder of a backwards, classist, and outdated institution like the monarchy. It makes me sad that we have such low standards in public life generally but it doesn't make me thankful for the monarchy.

Sunak should resign... on 11:10 - Apr 13 with 1013 viewsHARRY10

Sunak should resign... on 10:59 - Apr 13 by Pinewoodblue

More scary that you/one cannot trust voters to elect someone up to the job
Sunak should resign... on 11:11 - Apr 13 with 1009 viewsStokieBlue

Sunak should resign... on 11:06 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

Think this is where we might have to diverge. The hopelessness of the recent PMs doesn't make me any fonder of a backwards, classist, and outdated institution like the monarchy. It makes me sad that we have such low standards in public life generally but it doesn't make me thankful for the monarchy.

Is an issue here that being PM only tends to appeal to certain individuals, many of whom aren't really suited to being PM? I'm thinking about Eton graduates etc.

Furthermore the more capable members of the population have better or more interesting jobs than being a politician so aren't interested either.

Douglas Adam's summed it up well in Restaurant At The End Of The Universe:

“The major problem–one of the major problems, for there are several–one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”

SB

Sunak should resign... on 11:17 - Apr 13 with 983 viewsHighgateBlue

Cameron should be above this nonsense, and Patel, yes, should be nowhere near cabinet.

But what do you say that Sunak has done that is "corruption", or that is worthy of his resignation?
Sunak should resign... on 11:18 - Apr 13 with 979 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

You mean you think he could challenge Ashton for the post of CEO at Portman Road. Has he any football experience/knowledge?
Sunak should resign... on 11:24 - Apr 13 with 943 views26_Paz

Sunak should resign... on 11:17 - Apr 13 by HighgateBlue

Cameron should be above this nonsense, and Patel, yes, should be nowhere near cabinet.

But what do you say that Sunak has done that is "corruption", or that is worthy of his resignation?

Cameron asked Sunak for favours. Sunak didn’t give him any. I’m really struggling to see what Sunak is supposed to have done wrong.

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024