Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... 10:23 - Apr 13 with 4364 viewsKieran_Knows

.. apologies for the EADT link, Phil! I know your story will be up shortly.

[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 11:04]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:26 - Apr 13 with 2763 viewsnoggin

Can someone tell me if he'll be a success or a failure so that I can be happy or outraged? Thanks.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:27 - Apr 13 with 2757 viewsSteve_M

How many threads are we going to have today telling us Bristol City fans don't like him very much?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:28 - Apr 13 with 2727 viewsSomethingBlue

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:27 - Apr 13 by Steve_M

How many threads are we going to have today telling us Bristol City fans don't like him very much?

Probably many and I really hope people park that because I'm not sure BCFC fans had many problems with him in the four years before he appointed Holden.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:31 - Apr 13 with 2649 viewsbreedalot

doesn't appear to be any new info in the story am I missing something?
Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:31 - Apr 13 with 2632 viewsCoco

Languishing in League One but still a big pull.

Wonder if he says he knew nothing of the takeover and things all happened rather quickly?
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 10:33]

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:36 - Apr 13 with 2542 viewsMetal_Hacker

If he comes in and makes a few £‘s to help aspirations of our owners I couldn’t give a flying f**k whether he’s a nice bloke or if people dislike him

I’ll make judgement IF he is installed as CEO this time next year after witnessing some of his negotiations

Poll: If it were one or the other

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:39 - Apr 13 with 2477 viewsWD19

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:28 - Apr 13 by SomethingBlue

Probably many and I really hope people park that because I'm not sure BCFC fans had many problems with him in the four years before he appointed Holden.

Watford fans didn't like him either - if you want a bit of variety.
....and the local press loathed him.....

I genuinely don't know if the latter is a good or a bad sign.....
Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:42 - Apr 13 with 2413 viewsRegencyBlue

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:39 - Apr 13 by WD19

Both Bristol City and Watford are doing far better than we are.

I’m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt!
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:43 - Apr 13 with 2393 viewsMrTown

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:26 - Apr 13 by noggin

Can someone tell me if he'll be a success or a failure so that I can be happy or outraged? Thanks.

A success when you look at the facts.

Steady progression under Johnson on the pitch; 18th, 17th, 11th, 8th (then down to 12th last year)

Overseen development on the stadium, and unveiled plans to create an enlarged £100m sports quarter development, with 4,000 capacity venue, four-star hotel etc - suspect that is attractive to Johnson & Co given there plans for their stateside projects.

The first team have just moved into a a brand new training facility - looks sensational.

Think a big attraction to the new owners will be the player trading aspect; big money sales of Aden Flint, Adam Webster, Josh Brownhill, Hordur Magnusson and Jonathan Kodjia, has helped to power the above and supplement the continuing investment.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:44 - Apr 13 with 2384 viewsSteve_M

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:28 - Apr 13 by SomethingBlue

I'm relaxed about it, Bristol City have been very impressive off the pitch over the last few years and hardly have a great deal of success to compare the onfield performance to.

I doubt many of their fans, or indeed ours, will know the exact remit of his role anyway.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:47 - Apr 13 with 2328 viewsSomethingBlue

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:44 - Apr 13 by Steve_M

I'm relaxed about it, Bristol City have been very impressive off the pitch over the last few years and hardly have a great deal of success to compare the onfield performance to.

I doubt many of their fans, or indeed ours, will know the exact remit of his role anyway.

Precisely. They'd probably want to have challenged towards the top end more concertedly than they have, but the feel of that club has totally transformed and they've certainly got most of the elements ready to go. Ashton's had a lot to do with that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:49 - Apr 13 with 2280 viewshype313

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:39 - Apr 13 by WD19

The CEO's I have worked for in the past I wasn't a huge fan of, but what they did with the companies I was with, was nothing short of brilliance.

We need some steel and direction as we have been in a quagmire for years, if the club gets someone who isn't overly liked, but brings in professionalism, drive and accountability then I'm all for it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:53 - Apr 13 with 2163 viewsvilanovablue

He is at least a Chief Exec with a background in football which after the last 10 years of leadership at that level is a massive improvement. Whilst Bristol's progress stalled last year the club is in a much better place now. I'm also not averse to the idea of making money from signings to help drive the club forward more widely.
Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:55 - Apr 13 with 2135 viewsKeno

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:26 - Apr 13 by noggin

He's ok but he's no Simon Clegg,

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mark Ashton it is then... on 11:00 - Apr 13 with 2031 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:43 - Apr 13 by MrTown

Steady progression under Johnson on the pitch; 18th, 17th, 11th, 8th (then down to 12th last year)

Overseen development on the stadium, and unveiled plans to create an enlarged £100m sports quarter development, with 4,000 capacity venue, four-star hotel etc - suspect that is attractive to Johnson & Co given there plans for their stateside projects.

The first team have just moved into a a brand new training facility - looks sensational.

Think a big attraction to the new owners will be the player trading aspect; big money sales of Aden Flint, Adam Webster, Josh Brownhill, Hordur Magnusson and Jonathan Kodjia, has helped to power the above and supplement the continuing investment.

"Steady progression". What is this thing you talk of?

I do like the Ambition Bristol have had. I've no idea on the finances whether it's affordable in the long run or they're setting themselves up for a fall, but they've built themselves a lovely platform to build on. It's the sort of thing that was lacking under Evans.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 11:14 - Apr 13 with 1826 viewspointofblue

Would have preferred someone else - fans celebrating an incoming person joining is hardly a positive. We’ll see though; got no choice but to trust the owners on this one.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mark Ashton it is then... on 11:26 - Apr 13 with 1700 viewsbobbyramsey

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:43 - Apr 13 by MrTown

I'd love to see him trying to get "big money" for any of our mob.....
Mark Ashton it is then... on 11:29 - Apr 13 with 1674 viewstractorboy1978

Mark Ashton it is then... on 11:26 - Apr 13 by bobbyramsey

Hopefully he can find some mugs to pick cheap players up from and then make a £20m profit like he did with Webster.
Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 11:29 - Apr 13 with 1672 viewsStewart27

Good.

Bristol City have generally risen both on and off the pitch in the last 10 years.
Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 11:33 - Apr 13 with 1645 viewsdirtyboy

I doubt fans will like him, but his job is not to be liked, it's to make money for the owners.

He'll no doubt upset us when he does sell our best player for a profit when fans say "how will we get promoted when we're selling our best players"

Fans don't tend to look at new training facilities, integration of the womens teams and local infrastructure as success.

I can see the very nature of our club changing dramatically, we're no longer that family club, but that's been one of the very reasons for our decline in a much changed footballing world.

Stand still.....fall behind.

It's all change at ITFC and it's going to be an interesting few years ahead for sure.
Mark Ashton it is then... on 11:34 - Apr 13 with 1631 viewsKeno

Mark Ashton it is then... on 11:26 - Apr 13 by bobbyramsey

Maybe he could a 'lot deal' like you can with a scrap metal dealer?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 11:35 - Apr 13 with 1615 viewstractorlad01

Bristol City fans reaction to this is very worrying.
Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 11:36 - Apr 13 with 1609 viewsJDB23

Their biggest grip with him seems to be player recruitment, don’t think there can be too much complaint about their progression off the field though. You’d expect we wouldn’t leave recruitment solely down to him so I don’t have a problem with bringing him in. Will make a change to actually have a football man at the top of the club with quite a few contacts by the looks of it.
Mark Ashton it is then... on 11:38 - Apr 13 with 1587 viewsChurchman

Mark Ashton it is then... on 10:36 - Apr 13 by Metal_Hacker

If he comes in and makes a few £‘s to help aspirations of our owners I couldn’t give a flying f**k whether he’s a nice bloke or if people dislike him

I’ll make judgement IF he is installed as CEO this time next year after witnessing some of his negotiations

Exactly. He can be Satan in disguise for all I care. Don’t know the bloke and never will. It just comes down to whether he’s good at his job or not, whether he fits the owners’ aspirations and can work with the manager and other elements of the club.
Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 11:38 - Apr 13 with 1580 viewsitfcpaul

Mark Ashton it is then... EDIT - confirmed leaving Bristol 31st May .... on 11:14 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

Would have preferred someone else - fans celebrating an incoming person joining is hardly a positive. We’ll see though; got no choice but to trust the owners on this one.

Why

Apart from the ramblings of grumpy football fans who know nothing about him and his success??

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024