Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
piece of piss 13:28 - Apr 13 with 1549 viewsgiant_stow

I thought there's be a rush on slots for 45-50s, but booked the vaccination job for Thursday in 2 mins flat - the NHS is a fine thing innit. hats off.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

piece of piss on 13:32 - Apr 13 with 1501 viewsfabian_illness

Oh blimey.
I thought you were a lot older than that and waiting on you second
piece of piss on 13:34 - Apr 13 with 1493 viewsgiant_stow

piece of piss on 13:32 - Apr 13 by fabian_illness

Oh blimey.
I thought you were a lot older than that and waiting on you second

oi!!!!!!!!

If anything I thought i'd be accused of immaturity!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

piece of piss on 13:51 - Apr 13 with 1413 viewsIpswichKnight

Not for me it kept crashing when I tried to click book and confirm! Eventually got bored of it crashing and phoned 119 and booked it over the phone in less than 5 minutes. Booked for Friday afternoon.
piece of piss on 13:51 - Apr 13 with 1420 viewsIllinoisblue

I have my Johnson and Johnson jab booked for tomorrow - just as the US govt suggests a pause due to blood clot issues.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

piece of piss on 13:56 - Apr 13 with 1388 viewsgiant_stow

piece of piss on 13:51 - Apr 13 by Illinoisblue

I have my Johnson and Johnson jab booked for tomorrow - just as the US govt suggests a pause due to blood clot issues.

Hope you make it before the ban comes in. all the best.

piece of piss on 14:02 - Apr 13 with 1366 viewseireblue

If they give you piss, I think you’ve been conned, that’s never going to work properly.
piece of piss on 14:13 - Apr 13 with 1328 viewsChurchman

This ‘abundance of caution’ line (the Americans used it today) smacks of politics to me, whether in America, EU or U.K. Given there are 1000 deaths a year in this country falling down the stairs, I’d better rope mine off.

The reality is that the virus is mutating and highly contagious across the world. The risk of blood clots are minuscule for AZ and without reading about it I suspect the same is true with J&J and others that work that way. The priority is time; to get some protection for people as fast as possible here and across the globe.

Being decrepit I’ve had the first AZ vaccination and will be there for the second end of May. If I was down for J&J I’d be there for that like a shot and not worry about the risk which is about the same as a fatal accident getting there.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 14:13]
piece of piss on 14:17 - Apr 13 with 1289 viewssolemio

I don't think you qualify as decrepit, Churchman. I had my second jab a week ago.
Login to get fewer ads

piece of piss on 14:17 - Apr 13 with 1289 viewsStokieBlue

piece of piss on 14:13 - Apr 13 by Churchman

This ‘abundance of caution’ line (the Americans used it today) smacks of politics to me, whether in America, EU or U.K. Given there are 1000 deaths a year in this country falling down the stairs, I’d better rope mine off.

The reality is that the virus is mutating and highly contagious across the world. The risk of blood clots are minuscule for AZ and without reading about it I suspect the same is true with J&J and others that work that way. The priority is time; to get some protection for people as fast as possible here and across the globe.

Being decrepit I’ve had the first AZ vaccination and will be there for the second end of May. If I was down for J&J I’d be there for that like a shot and not worry about the risk which is about the same as a fatal accident getting there.

Still not seen the research on this but I wouldn't be surprised if it's being caused in exactly the same way as the AZ vaccine in that some people are susceptible to clotting if they catch a bad case of C19 and thus they are also susceptible when they take a vaccine which stimulates the production of the spike protein from C19.

The vast majority of the population won't be susceptible in this way but it's right they double-check the causes and try to narrow down the specific cohorts affected.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

piece of piss on 14:18 - Apr 13 with 1280 viewsChurchman

piece of piss on 14:17 - Apr 13 by solemio

I don't think you qualify as decrepit, Churchman. I had my second jab a week ago.

It’s not just the age, it’s the mileage!!
piece of piss on 14:21 - Apr 13 with 1261 viewsfactual_blue

piece of piss on 13:34 - Apr 13 by giant_stow

oi!!!!!!!!

If anything I thought i'd be accused of immaturity!

You've spelt ' accused of polydactylism' incorrectly.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

piece of piss on 14:25 - Apr 13 with 1250 viewsfabian_illness

Just tried to do mine on the interwebs.
Nearest available was 40 odd miles away.
Will just wait for the letter.
piece of piss on 14:42 - Apr 13 with 1213 viewsBlueBadger

piece of piss on 14:13 - Apr 13 by Churchman

Worth mentioning that your risk of clots from A/Z is considerably lower than your is of clots from getting actual covid.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 15:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

piece of piss on 14:46 - Apr 13 with 1201 viewsIpswichKnight

piece of piss on 14:25 - Apr 13 by fabian_illness

Just tried to do mine on the interwebs.
Nearest available was 40 odd miles away.
Will just wait for the letter.

Call them up on 119 I did that this morning and got a centre around 5 miles from me ( compared to 17 miles when I tried to book online! )
piece of piss on 15:12 - Apr 13 with 1160 viewsfabian_illness

piece of piss on 14:46 - Apr 13 by IpswichKnight

Call them up on 119 I did that this morning and got a centre around 5 miles from me ( compared to 17 miles when I tried to book online! )

Nothing available within reason.
She offered 28/04 but it went by the time I’d answered.
Obviously a mad rush at the moment.
Suggested I try back in a few days.
piece of piss on 15:41 - Apr 13 with 1111 viewsDebsyAngel

Great news and good luck Ullaa.

But worried about my parents' second jabs - they tried to call Doctors last Friday and were told they need to wait. My Dad's second AZ vaccine is due next Tuesday then it will be the full 12 weeks, my Mum a week later with the Pfizer one.
piece of piss on 15:54 - Apr 13 with 1103 viewsGogs

Nothing available in Ipswich at present. The vaccination centres are at least getting closer though. Colchester United FC is the nearest, it was Newmarket earlier. Just not practical for me to go anywhere other than Ipswich or Felixstowe, so I’ll wait.
piece of piss on 16:23 - Apr 13 with 1061 viewsBobbychase

You prepared for the Astra Zenica side effects? Felt like I had been hit by a truck.

But at least I knew WHY I felt that way

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

piece of piss on 18:32 - Apr 13 with 992 viewsgiant_stow

piece of piss on 16:23 - Apr 13 by Bobbychase

You prepared for the Astra Zenica side effects? Felt like I had been hit by a truck.

But at least I knew WHY I felt that way

How long did the side effects last for you?

And (too many) fingers crossed for those above waiting for an appointment - apologies if I was a bit tactless there.

piece of piss on 09:38 - Apr 14 with 919 viewsIpswichKnight

piece of piss on 18:32 - Apr 13 by giant_stow

And (too many) fingers crossed for those above waiting for an appointment - apologies if I was a bit tactless there.

Can’t be 100% certain but I think we might be getting the first doses of the Moderna vaccine. Read somewhere last night that it’s the intention to give the under 50’s the Moderna, Johnson & Johnson or Novavax vaccines ( was written before issues with Johnson and Johnson vaccine came to light! ).

Idea is also to ensure that those that got first dose of AZ are given the 2nd dose in a timely manner and they are not left waiting for us younglings to have our 1st dose.
piece of piss on 09:47 - Apr 14 with 909 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh it's an actual thing. I thought someone was on a wind up yesterday when they said the Johnson & Johnson jab has been linked to clots - Boris and Stanley!

I had the AZ one just as we ruled out using it on youngsters due to clotting. I did feel a bit nervous about that, despite the risk being infinitesimally small.

I note the vaccine nationalism seems to have disappeared. When the EU halted rollout of the AZ/Oxford vaccine it was seen as an attack on our Empire and evidence that they're a bunch of scallywags. Now we have have a more cautious approach than the EU it's all gone very quiet. Proof that the vaccine nationalists were talking absolute nonsense (as usual).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

piece of piss on 09:50 - Apr 14 with 894 viewsKeno

piece of piss on 14:21 - Apr 13 by factual_blue

You've spelt ' accused of polydactylism' incorrectly.

have have dinosaur birds got to do it?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

piece of piss on 09:52 - Apr 14 with 887 viewsSwansea_Blue

piece of piss on 18:32 - Apr 13 by giant_stow

3 days for me. Two days when I was pretty useless for anything (achy and so, so tired) and then a third day to bounce back after that. It felt a bit like having Covid again, but many times better. I'd take the side effects over Covid every time. And most people I've spoken to don't have such a bad reaction as I had. it seems to be worse if you've already had Covid as your body is already on the lookout for it and attacks the jab with a vengeance.

Side effects kicked in about 12 hours after the jab, although I felt a little bit odd (odder than usual!) straight away.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

piece of piss on 09:55 - Apr 14 with 879 viewsStokieBlue

piece of piss on 09:47 - Apr 14 by Swansea_Blue

Oh it's an actual thing. I thought someone was on a wind up yesterday when they said the Johnson & Johnson jab has been linked to clots - Boris and Stanley!

I had the AZ one just as we ruled out using it on youngsters due to clotting. I did feel a bit nervous about that, despite the risk being infinitesimally small.

I note the vaccine nationalism seems to have disappeared. When the EU halted rollout of the AZ/Oxford vaccine it was seen as an attack on our Empire and evidence that they're a bunch of scallywags. Now we have have a more cautious approach than the EU it's all gone very quiet. Proof that the vaccine nationalists were talking absolute nonsense (as usual).

It will be interesting to see if the EU apply the same criteria to the J&J vaccine as they did AZ vaccine which I am sure they will.

Currently the J&J risks look very low as they are with AZ - it's about 1 in 1,000,000 in the US at the moment and in specific cohorts (younger woman) who could be given a mRNA vaccine instead.

The EU is in a bit of a mess now though (not all of their own making) in that J&J was supposed to be one of their main vaccines with 200m doses ordered. J&J have stopped shipping and if the same criteria is applied as with AZ then they simply aren't going to have enough vaccines.

I guess a decision will have to be made on risk at that point.

It's also a worry as J&J is a single dose vaccine which would have been excellent. It's important to remember than 6m people had it with no issues at all.

Still waiting for my first vaccine, as it stands I'm not bothered which one I get although I am not specifically in a risky cohort.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

piece of piss on 10:06 - Apr 14 with 862 viewshype313

piece of piss on 09:55 - Apr 14 by StokieBlue

It will be interesting to see if the EU apply the same criteria to the J&J vaccine as they did AZ vaccine which I am sure they will.

Currently the J&J risks look very low as they are with AZ - it's about 1 in 1,000,000 in the US at the moment and in specific cohorts (younger woman) who could be given a mRNA vaccine instead.

The EU is in a bit of a mess now though (not all of their own making) in that J&J was supposed to be one of their main vaccines with 200m doses ordered. J&J have stopped shipping and if the same criteria is applied as with AZ then they simply aren't going to have enough vaccines.

I guess a decision will have to be made on risk at that point.

It's also a worry as J&J is a single dose vaccine which would have been excellent. It's important to remember than 6m people had it with no issues at all.

Still waiting for my first vaccine, as it stands I'm not bothered which one I get although I am not specifically in a risky cohort.

SB

You sound like you are in a similar age bracket to myself, which means we will probably end up with the Moderna, as they are using the AZ predominately for second jabs.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024