Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now 16:19 - Apr 13 with 3372 viewschicoazul

In its’ place is a new vision run by one of the most ruthless men in football, a hardened negotiator with experience of physical infrastructure development, backed by billions and billions of American dollars.
The days of Ipswich as a Corinthian club run by and for gentlemen & lady amateurs, in a sleepy backwater, known for conviviality and harmony and an overall sense of Suffolk out on a limb weirdness and uniqueness, are over.
I feel very sad about this. No I am not unexcited about the owners and yes Evans was a disaster. But I feel something important has been lost now, never to return.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:21 - Apr 13 with 2476 viewsJon_456

Yeah because the last 3 years, or 13 years for that matter, have really made me feel proud of ITFC.

About time this club woke up and added people with fresh ideas and real desire to succeed.
Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:21 - Apr 13 with 2461 viewsRobTheMonk

Adapt to survive or die of stagnation
Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:22 - Apr 13 with 2454 viewschicoazul

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:21 - Apr 13 by Jon_456

Yeah because the last 3 years, or 13 years for that matter, have really made me feel proud of ITFC.

About time this club woke up and added people with fresh ideas and real desire to succeed.

I don’t disagree! But I feel sad about all this nonetheless.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:22 - Apr 13 with 2440 viewsDarth_Koont

Certainly seems to be a loss of realism, perspective and self-awareness.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:22 - Apr 13 with 2435 viewsHarryB

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:21 - Apr 13 by Jon_456

could not agree more jon
Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:23 - Apr 13 with 2402 viewschrismakin

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:22 - Apr 13 by chicoazul

I don’t disagree! But I feel sad about all this nonetheless.

As they say. All will be right in the end. And if it's not. Then it is not the end.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:23 - Apr 13 with 2403 viewsBlueBadger

The only thing 'Corinthian' about Evans was his amateurishness.

Lest we forget, Evans' only strategy and goal was 'hope to get promoted and sell for a profit'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:24 - Apr 13 with 2386 viewschicoazul

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:22 - Apr 13 by Darth_Koont

Certainly seems to be a loss of realism, perspective and self-awareness.

How ironic.

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:25 - Apr 13 with 2345 viewschicoazul

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:23 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

The only thing 'Corinthian' about Evans was his amateurishness.

Lest we forget, Evans' only strategy and goal was 'hope to get promoted and sell for a profit'.

Again, I don’t disagree. But the club we all grew up with is dead. Evans killed it yes.

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:26 - Apr 13 with 2326 viewsDarth_Koont

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:24 - Apr 13 by chicoazul

How ironic.

This’ll be good.

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:26 - Apr 13 with 2312 viewschrismakin

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:25 - Apr 13 by chicoazul

Again, I don’t disagree. But the club we all grew up with is dead. Evans killed it yes.

Football isnt what we all grew up watching.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:28 - Apr 13 with 2286 viewsbluefunk

You’re about 25 years too late posting paragraph 2
Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:30 - Apr 13 with 2248 viewschicoazul

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:28 - Apr 13 by bluefunk

You’re about 25 years too late posting paragraph 2

Evans was never ruthless. As others have said he was very amateurish. I believe what we are about to experience will give us a whole new level of cutting edge practice.

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:32 - Apr 13 with 2216 viewsphillev231069

Afraid to say we need ruthlessness at this point in time, Ashton in my opinion is taking on a massive role and I bet even he is probably a bit nervous about it. We are a shiiit show atm and are going to take a heck of a change in fortunes to get back on track. Time of course will tell and all we can do is get behind them all and give them our backing!
Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:35 - Apr 13 with 2168 viewsIllinoisblue

Good.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:37 - Apr 13 with 2142 viewshype313

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:35 - Apr 13 by Illinoisblue

Good.

Indeed, the club has been on life support and almost dead the past 13 years, hopefully we have finally awoken from our slumber.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:37 - Apr 13 with 2136 viewsChurchman

I’m afraid that began to die when we lost John Cobbold. Yes, he was survived by Patrick but I always felt Mr John was the driving force. They were brilliant and the club so special. If felt special too. I’d go to places like Bristol City, West Ham, Norwich, Chelsea and Spurs etc and pity them.

Sheepshanks wanted to do well, was pleasant and in the sort of mould you are talking about. But he proved incompetent enough to bankrupt the club then flogged it to Evans before his reputation was too tarnished. Evans - enough said. The world you are talking about is long gone I’m afraid.

The world of football has passed Ipswich Town by along with about 60 football clubs. A poor comparison given where they are, but do the Man City fans yearn for blow up bananas, Maine Road, scraped 3rd division play off victories and yo yo-ing between the PL and Championship battling with Ipswich Town? Do they heck.

Our new owners have given a dying football club the chance of a future. It may go horribly wrong, but there’s a chance now. I’ll take that. After all, a football club is about its community and it’s supporters.
Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:38 - Apr 13 with 2121 viewsdirtyboy

I know what Chicoazul is saying, I alluded to it in a post myself that this is a massive change in ITFC.

We've always been owned by people with emotional connections who've made emotional decisions.

Now we're owned by a company with apparent ruthless intent.

Ashton's appointment is a real statement by our new owners and perhaps shows that there is a real and tangible determination to succeed.

We're not going to be that pretty club that's everyone's favourite second team ever again. We'll be hated by many I suspect, but only if we're successful.

Let's hope the success is worth it, will certainly be nice to watch a winning team regardless!
Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:38 - Apr 13 with 2115 viewsEly_Blue

Take a look at Bristol City and their situation when we signed Skuse and Gergen after they had just been relegated and take a look at them now, the integration between men’s and women’s teams, the security, the ground…….. they are where we should be at least

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:41 - Apr 13 with 2066 viewsDarth_Koont

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:38 - Apr 13 by dirtyboy

I know what Chicoazul is saying, I alluded to it in a post myself that this is a massive change in ITFC.

We've always been owned by people with emotional connections who've made emotional decisions.

Ashton's appointment is a real statement by our new owners and perhaps shows that there is a real and tangible determination to succeed.

We're not going to be that pretty club that's everyone's favourite second team ever again. We'll be hated by many I suspect, but only if we're successful.

Let's hope the success is worth it, will certainly be nice to watch a winning team regardless!

Marcus Evans didn’t have an emotional connection to the club. He developed one, I believe. But let’s not rewrite history.

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:45 - Apr 13 with 2011 viewsbluefunk

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:30 - Apr 13 by chicoazul

Evans was never ruthless. As others have said he was very amateurish. I believe what we are about to experience will give us a whole new level of cutting edge practice.

Never ruthless? I’m not trying to be confrontational but I bet Magilton wouldn’t agree. I believe his biggest problem was that he was a control freak, but yes amateurish in a footballing sense.
Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:49 - Apr 13 with 1974 viewsbluefunk

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:38 - Apr 13 by dirtyboy

W haven’t been anyone’s favourite second team for many many years, and if there was any lingering liking for us, the MM saga put paid to that.

Anyway, f@ck popularity with other fans, I’d rather they were envious of our success, and if we do get some reason to celebrate being a Town fan , then perhaps my son might forgive me for making him a Town fan!!
Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:49 - Apr 13 with 1969 viewsMrTown

Historical ways of football clubs are long gone, and we got left behind.

Cautiously I may add, we have will now move into a new era, and I am sure it will be a hell of a ride.

A takeover was probably the only way we will ever climb the pyramid again.

I want to see a successful football club again, and whilst of course it could go tits up, I am looking forward to the future once again with this new vision to rebuild ITFC.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:51 - Apr 13 with 1924 viewshype313

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:49 - Apr 13 by bluefunk

W haven’t been anyone’s favourite second team for many many years, and if there was any lingering liking for us, the MM saga put paid to that.

Anyway, f@ck popularity with other fans, I’d rather they were envious of our success, and if we do get some reason to celebrate being a Town fan , then perhaps my son might forgive me for making him a Town fan!!

We have been people's second team, only because they knew it would be a guaranteed 6 points in a season.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ipswich Town FC truly is dead now on 16:51 - Apr 13 with 1924 viewsjayessess

English capitalist, American capitalists, I don't really see the difference?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024