Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two seasons back, on Boxing Day 16:30 - Apr 13 with 226 viewsBobbychase

I was with my usual fairweather crowd who only tend to come to the Dec 26th game. One of them fancied a coffee so even though it was hammering it down, we went to the trendy-looking coffee van in the fanzone. Kick-off was approaching.

There were only two people ahead of us so we didn't expect to get too wet, but it took forever to get served. A long line formed behind us, and the rain got heavier.

In the coffee van were three people. Two were on their phones and chatting and seemingly oblivious to the growing line of customers, one was taking the money and making the drinks as well. One of the lads I was with lives and works in London and tends to expect speedier service. By the time we got to the front of the queue, by now freezing, wet and in danger of missing kick-off, steam was coming out of his ears.

I'm sure we all have multiple tales like this, from not being able to get a pint at half time, to the catering units constantly running out of hot food and, although I think this might be less of an issue these days, the apathetic staff in the club shop on a non-matchday.

I really hope the combination of Ashton and the new owners revamps the gameday experience. Yeah Suffolk is a bit of a sleepy place, but that's no excuse.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024