Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? 19:11 - Apr 13 with 2966 viewshomer_123

I hope our new owners have very deep pockets.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:12 - Apr 13 with 2526 viewschrismakin

Each week means it's closer to end of season, which means 99% of this squad won't be here, they aren't playing for anything

I get the counter to that is put yourselves in the shop window, but these guys have agents, people don't sign you based on youtube videos.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:18 - Apr 13 with 2438 viewsfloridaboy

Really the impression that this squad of players don't like how Paul Cook operates, even struggling to do double training

Easy life under Lambert maybe!

Many of these players won't be here next season but will want them!!
How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:23 - Apr 13 with 2352 viewsDyland

The whole mentality sucks dog dick.

Finger firmly pointed at Evans for giving Hurst the control he'd given McCarthy, and then letting Lambert be sh1t.

There's piss all fight.

Abject stuff.

I like Cook but tbh I'm so disillusioned with our club I wouldn't care too much if he leaves as well. Feel bad thinking that cos he can't shoulder blame here, but the whole mentality and setup is so tinpot and uncompetitive I just don't care.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:25 - Apr 13 with 2315 viewsjayessess

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:12 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

Each week means it's closer to end of season, which means 99% of this squad won't be here, they aren't playing for anything

I get the counter to that is put yourselves in the shop window, but these guys have agents, people don't sign you based on youtube videos.

you don't sign for anyone on the basis of months of playing badly

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:31 - Apr 13 with 2257 viewsRadlett_blue

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:12 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

Cook came in at an awkward time, with town having fluked 3 unimpressive wins just before he started. He naturally wanted to play his chosen system, which confused things more & now he's chopping & changing systems like Lambert. This season is pretty much now written off - we won't come back from 2-0 with 10 men. We'll need 15 points or 5 wins from the last 6 to have a chance of the play offs & given that we've managed a point a game under Cook, that's not going to happen. Please dump all the loan players and start planning for next season now. don't pick any players who won't be here next season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:43 - Apr 13 with 2172 viewschrismakin

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:25 - Apr 13 by jayessess

you don't sign for anyone on the basis of months of playing badly

Cause you can, You dont ignore a player after 1 bad season. No different to these players, their agents will have them sorted with no problems.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:45 - Apr 13 with 2132 viewsSwansea_Blue

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:23 - Apr 13 by Dyland

The whole mentality sucks dog dick.

Finger firmly pointed at Evans for giving Hurst the control he'd given McCarthy, and then letting Lambert be sh1t.

There's piss all fight.

Abject stuff.

I like Cook but tbh I'm so disillusioned with our club I wouldn't care too much if he leaves as well. Feel bad thinking that cos he can't shoulder blame here, but the whole mentality and setup is so tinpot and uncompetitive I just don't care.

Feel the same tbh.

Too many years of being ground down with disappointment and substandard sh*te from the top down to really give much of a fk any more.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:57 - Apr 13 with 2037 viewsHerbivore

I've given up. Clearly Lambert and Evans left a mess but if have expected Cook to get something out of them. I'm going to write this season off and see what the summer brings.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:58 - Apr 13 with 2005 viewschrismakin

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:57 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

I've given up. Clearly Lambert and Evans left a mess but if have expected Cook to get something out of them. I'm going to write this season off and see what the summer brings.

I'd been saying for weeks this season was over, but still carried on watching with that hope I was wrong. But tonight is the night I say goodbye 2021 season and start looking forward to a new Era come July.

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:00 - Apr 13 with 1970 viewsgtsb1966

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:43 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

Cause you can, You dont ignore a player after 1 bad season. No different to these players, their agents will have them sorted with no problems.

"1 bad season" ?
How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:02 - Apr 13 with 1935 viewschrismakin

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:00 - Apr 13 by gtsb1966

"1 bad season" ?

Well yes quite, but thats why their agents get big bucks.

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:03 - Apr 13 with 1900 viewsgtsb1966

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:02 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

What about last season then.
How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:04 - Apr 13 with 1879 viewsDyland

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:57 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

Same here.

Maintain a little optimism to balance the present unavoidable negativity.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:05 - Apr 13 with 1861 viewsDripFedFred

I don't get this. If most of them aren't going to be here, surely they're playing for their futures, trying to flash a smile at potential suitors to get a better club/contract. Agents can't do much if they're showing themselves to have a poor attitude and regularly being rubbish.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 20:07]
How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:09 - Apr 13 with 1817 viewshomer_123

When he joined we had a very decent chance of promotion. Scrapped 3 wins.

We've actually gone backwards under him.

Lambert was brought in to stave off relegation. He got nothing out of the squad and made no attempt at keeping us up.

Cook had the opportunity for the play offs but like Lambert simply has not delivered.

Its concerning.

And people seem happy to write off this season...we may not have a better chance for promotion next year. Gotta take the chances in front of you.

Recruiting when in the Champ is easier than L1

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:11 - Apr 13 with 1803 viewssolomon

Agreed. Build back better starts when this season ends.
How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:12 - Apr 13 with 1800 viewsHerbivore

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:09 - Apr 13 by homer_123

When he joined we had a very decent chance of promotion. Scrapped 3 wins.

We've actually gone backwards under him.

Lambert was brought in to stave off relegation. He got nothing out of the squad and made no attempt at keeping us up.

Cook had the opportunity for the play offs but like Lambert simply has not delivered.

Its concerning.

And people seem happy to write off this season...we may not have a better chance for promotion next year. Gotta take the chances in front of you.

Recruiting when in the Champ is easier than L1

You need to look at our form beyond three narrow wins that we scraped before he arrived. We'd been abject for months. We've only stayed in touch because the league is poor. Lambert came in and had a transfer window, after which we were arguably worse. Cook hasn't been able to do anything really with the squad yet.

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:13 - Apr 13 with 1779 viewsjayessess

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:02 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

I think you're being daft here. Players released by Ipswich go to smaller clubs on worse wages. Often they don't find league clubs at all.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:14 - Apr 13 with 1779 viewshomer_123

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:12 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

You need to look at our form beyond three narrow wins that we scraped before he arrived. We'd been abject for months. We've only stayed in touch because the league is poor. Lambert came in and had a transfer window, after which we were arguably worse. Cook hasn't been able to do anything really with the squad yet.

You are right. This league is poor so all the more reason to be disappointed we haven't even made a fist of getting in the play offs.

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:16 - Apr 13 with 1754 viewschrismakin

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:13 - Apr 13 by jayessess

I think you're being daft here. Players released by Ipswich go to smaller clubs on worse wages. Often they don't find league clubs at all.

Fringe players released by ipswich go to smaller clubs, we have a host of players currently playing regular football each week about to the leave the club,

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:17 - Apr 13 with 1745 viewsHerbivore

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:14 - Apr 13 by homer_123

You are right. This league is poor so all the more reason to be disappointed we haven't even made a fist of getting in the play offs.

Quite a lot of which is attributable to Lambert. This is his squad.

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:22 - Apr 13 with 1691 viewshomer_123

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:17 - Apr 13 by Herbivore

Quite a lot of which is attributable to Lambert. This is his squad.

You think Cook was brought in on the basis of writing off this season?

No.

His first task would have been play offs. He'd have known the squad and I am sure he would have suggested he could get more from them and plays achievable. In fact...top 2 was possible when he joined.

We've actually got worse under him.

It's not good enough regardless of it being Lamberts squad.

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:26 - Apr 13 with 1639 viewsHerbivore

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:22 - Apr 13 by homer_123

No.

His first task would have been play offs. He'd have known the squad and I am sure he would have suggested he could get more from them and plays achievable. In fact...top 2 was possible when he joined.

Top 2? Come off it. I doubt he realised the players weren't even fit enough to manage a double session when he agreed to take on the job. The players look miles off it and have done for ages. I expected better but given the state of the squad physically and mentally and him having no real chance to do anything about that I'm not going to jump on the Cook out bandwagon just yet.

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:27 - Apr 13 with 1626 viewsnshearman1

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:22 - Apr 13 by homer_123

No.

Where he could have made a bit of a difference is with substitutions, not just tonight but through numerous games. Tonight he destroyed the one bit of real momentum by making three substitutions, one of which was Edwards who was beginning to come good at long last. Chopping and changing way too much, looks like he really doesn't know what to do. I so hope I'm wrong, but so far all I can see that Cook has brought to Town is fine words and an amusing personality.
How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 20:28 - Apr 13 with 1618 viewsSamWhiteUK

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? on 19:31 - Apr 13 by Radlett_blue

Cook came in at an awkward time, with town having fluked 3 unimpressive wins just before he started. He naturally wanted to play his chosen system, which confused things more & now he's chopping & changing systems like Lambert. This season is pretty much now written off - we won't come back from 2-0 with 10 men. We'll need 15 points or 5 wins from the last 6 to have a chance of the play offs & given that we've managed a point a game under Cook, that's not going to happen. Please dump all the loan players and start planning for next season now. don't pick any players who won't be here next season.

Don't pick players who won't be here next season? We won't have enough players
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024