Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride 19:19 - Apr 13 with 3020 viewsNeedhamChris

I genuinely don't think we'd be in a worse position if we'd just stuck with Lambert for the rest of the season.

So much talk of not seeing a new manager bounce, it's worse than that. We're seeing a new manager drop as this is worse than before.

I'm not against Cook's appointment, I just think we had a better chance this year if we'd have kept things as they were and make the change in the summer.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:20 - Apr 13 with 2550 viewschrismakin

"I genuinely don't think we'd be in a worse position if we'd just stuck with Lambert for the rest of the season."

No we wouldn't have been, the management change was done at the wrong time, either in December or summer, not after the window had already gone.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:26 - Apr 13 with 2405 viewsNeedhamChris

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:20 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

"I genuinely don't think we'd be in a worse position if we'd just stuck with Lambert for the rest of the season."

No we wouldn't have been, the management change was done at the wrong time, either in December or summer, not after the window had already gone.

No I agree, I think we'd be in the playoffs under PL which is saying something about how awful this league is.

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:28 - Apr 13 with 2354 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:29 - Apr 13 with 2313 viewsjayessess

We had to get Lambert out any which way. It was long overdue.

It is very evident that Cook can't get performances out of these players. But his record's good enough at this level that he merits getting a go with a squad he's actually put together for his purposes.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:29 - Apr 13 with 2308 viewsblueprint

These idiots had an easy time under Lambert . To blame any of this downturn in performances on Cook is ridiculous. They should all hang their heads in shame.

None of them here deserve to be here next season.
We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:30 - Apr 13 with 2294 viewsNeedhamChris

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:28 - Apr 13 by BryanPlug

Rather than getting upset about something that no-one in this thread has said, how about offering some form of response?

Also, who does deserve to be a fan at the moment? You'd have to have done something pretty bad in a previous life.

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:30 - Apr 13 with 2265 viewschrismakin

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:26 - Apr 13 by NeedhamChris

No I agree, I think we'd be in the playoffs under PL which is saying something about how awful this league is.

No i wouldn't go that far, I think the season would have gone the same path,

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:30 - Apr 13 with 2269 viewsgazzer1999

You wait till next season and it’s the same c**p, they will all be demanding a change of manager.
Login to get fewer ads

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:30 - Apr 13 with 2261 viewsgtsb1966

And I for one will carry on giving him an incredibly easy ride until we kick off again in August.
We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:30 - Apr 13 with 2262 viewsTrumptonBlue

Who's doing that?
We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:31 - Apr 13 with 2218 views3_5_2

I see / hear all the “wait till next season” stuff but this squad is not capable of what is required yet can we really change so many players? Even over 2 windows?

Paul Cook has not made any difference at all but they just don’t want it do they?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:32 - Apr 13 with 2163 viewstractorlad01

Totally agree. Whilst most of the blame should be placed on this god awful squad, we are worse under Cook.
We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:33 - Apr 13 with 2149 viewsSwansea_Blue

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:20 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

It certainly was done at the wrong time. But we are where we are and that's not Cook's fault. And he obviously needs time to put his stamp on things (and an opportunity to change 90% of the players).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:34 - Apr 13 with 2102 viewsjayessess

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:30 - Apr 13 by gazzer1999

You wait till next season and it’s the same c**p, they will all be demanding a change of manager.

If we're still this bad next season, we definitely should change manager?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:35 - Apr 13 with 2088 viewsNeedhamChris

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:30 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

No i wouldn't go that far, I think the season would have gone the same path,

10 games under Paul Cook - 10pt (1pt per game) assuming we don't turn it around today

Last 10 games under Paul Lambert - 15pts (1.5pts per game)

If we'd maintained that we'd be in the top 6.

Our squad seems to perform better (marginally!!) when given an easier ride. They were not being coached much under Lambert but maybe they genuinely hadn't downed tools and now they have. Again - Cook is a very good manager at this level but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect slightly better even from a free hit...

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:38 - Apr 13 with 1992 viewsgtsb1966

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:35 - Apr 13 by NeedhamChris

10 games under Paul Cook - 10pt (1pt per game) assuming we don't turn it around today

Last 10 games under Paul Lambert - 15pts (1.5pts per game)

If we'd maintained that we'd be in the top 6.

Our squad seems to perform better (marginally!!) when given an easier ride. They were not being coached much under Lambert but maybe they genuinely hadn't downed tools and now they have. Again - Cook is a very good manager at this level but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect slightly better even from a free hit...

" our squad seems to perform better when given an easier ride". Well in my book that makes them an even bigger bunch of useless c***s.
We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:38 - Apr 13 with 1981 viewsSeablu

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:30 - Apr 13 by gazzer1999

I’m warming to the Watford model.
We’d be on our 5th different manager by now.
We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:40 - Apr 13 with 1943 viewsNeedhamChris

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:38 - Apr 13 by gtsb1966

" our squad seems to perform better when given an easier ride". Well in my book that makes them an even bigger bunch of useless c***s.

Oh I don't disagree - it wasn't a compliment. It's embarrassing but it doesn't change that our form has got worse.

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:40 - Apr 13 with 1933 viewsBryanPlug

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:30 - Apr 13 by NeedhamChris

Rather than getting upset about something that no-one in this thread has said, how about offering some form of response?

Also, who does deserve to be a fan at the moment? You'd have to have done something pretty bad in a previous life.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:45 - Apr 13 with 1868 viewsNeedhamChris

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:40 - Apr 13 by BryanPlug

Yes I think he is. There is a difference between thinking he is escaping a lot of criticism for the downturn in form post-Lambert and calling for his head though!

Again, yes - but that's the same group of players that went to Hull and won, and beat Doncaster at PR. We've gone from not being able to beat any decent sides to barely being able to beat anyone and I don't think PC is immune from criticism in this.

Seems like the discussion at the moment is it has to be 100% the players or the manager. At the moment I'd say it's 80-20 but that 20 makes a big difference.

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:49 - Apr 13 with 1785 viewsIwasthere

Our problem is we have given to many custodians of our club an easy ride.
Starting with Sheepshanks, then Evans, Why oh why did we fall for his rhetoric, five point plans etc. Appointing managers that had no pressure and at the same time drawing a nice salary, thank you very much.
Rommers was correct years ago "Evans out" I am beginning to detest Marcus Evans.
Much of the blame is down to us.
A new dawn is on the horizon, proper football professionals. At least we might have a chance.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 20:13]
We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 20:00 - Apr 13 with 1656 viewsNeedhamChris

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:49 - Apr 13 by Iwasthere

Our problem is we have given to many custodians of our club an easy ride.
Starting with Sheepshanks, then Evans, Why oh why did we fall for his rhetoric, five point plans etc. Appointing managers that had no pressure and at the same time drawing a nice salary, thank you very much.
Rommers was correct years ago "Evans out" I am beginning to detest Marcus Evans.
Much of the blame is down to us.
A new dawn is on the horizon, proper football professionals. At least we might have a chance.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 20:13]

I really hope you're right! Bring on next year

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:36 - Apr 20 with 1372 viewsNeedhamChris

And still we are worse than we were before.....

Bring on August!!

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:37 - Apr 20 with 1304 viewsTieDyedIn95

Lambert would have done better with these players, but he had to go. He had to go at the end of last season but Evans again, killed us

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:41 - Apr 20 with 1206 viewspointofblue

We are giving Cook an incredibly easy ride on 19:37 - Apr 20 by TieDyedIn95

Lambert would have done better with these players, but he had to go. He had to go at the end of last season but Evans again, killed us

Once we had given him the January window we may as well have given him the rest of the season.we've gone backwards under Cook.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024