Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT 19:27 - Apr 13 with 4894 viewsThe_Realist_09

Starting to feel a little sorry for him in a sense that he came in, ruffled a few feathers, demanded more from some of this sorry lot and they didn't like it.

Easy ride for far too long playing for a nice family club. I fully believe PC will get us up if we stick with him / he sticks with us, but a huge job on his hand. We have no fullbacks on the field tonight, Stephen Ward is stealing a living at this point, can't remember the last time he stopped a cross.
I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:30 - Apr 13 with 3465 viewsBlueBadger

None of these players bar Chambers were here before Hurst. This is his and Lambert's legacy.

Still, good try at 'its Micks fault'.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 19:33]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:35 - Apr 13 with 3399 viewsThe_Realist_09

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:30 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

None of these players bar Chambers were here before Hurst. This is his and Lambert's legacy.

Not sure that's quite correct. In what way did I mention Mick? Mick did a great job with the lack of resources. I was admittedly bored of the style under Mick, however always expressed a concern that he was the type of pragmatic manager that we needed to survive in the champ with said lack of resources.

My point was more the 'culture' of this club in recent times. Whilst it's nice to be a family club, I feel that too many seniors are coasting here. This needs to change and I'm certain it will.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 19:36]
I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:37 - Apr 13 with 3349 viewsRadlett_blue

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:35 - Apr 13 by The_Realist_09

Not sure that's quite correct. In what way did I mention Mick? Mick did a great job with the lack of resources. I was admittedly bored of the style under Mick, however always expressed a concern that he was the type of pragmatic manager that we needed to survive in the champ with said lack of resources.

My point was more the 'culture' of this club in recent times. Whilst it's nice to be a family club, I feel that too many seniors are coasting here. This needs to change and I'm certain it will.

I think the point that Hurst tried to shake things up & the established pros reacted poorly is very valid.
That doesn't mean that Hurst wasn't a poor manager who made dreadful signings.
Two wrongs certainly haven't made a right.
I guess Cook has tried to shake things up as well but again, the players seem to have reacted badly & are playing far worse than under the previous regime.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:39 - Apr 13 with 3312 viewsBlueBadger

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:35 - Apr 13 by The_Realist_09

Those seniors are all players brought by Hurst and Lambert. It's their mess. They're the worst managers we've ever had.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:49 - Apr 13 with 3240 viewsrgp1

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:37 - Apr 13 by Radlett_blue

I think the point that Hurst tried to shake things up & the established pros reacted poorly is very valid.
I guess Cook has tried to shake things up as well but again, the players seem to have reacted badly & are playing far worse than under the previous regime.

Cooks record is almost 2 wins in 10. Not far from Hursts 1 win in 14 from where I can see.
I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:51 - Apr 13 with 3195 viewsgtsb1966

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:39 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

Those seniors are all players brought by Hurst and Lambert. It's their mess. They're the worst managers we've ever had.

When I sat on the pitch all those years ago shouting "Duncan out" I never thought we could get a worse manager let alone two.
I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:55 - Apr 13 with 3139 viewsBlueBadger

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:37 - Apr 13 by Radlett_blue

I think what we're seeing is what happens when an incompetent manager who's sole motivational trick was I've played for big clubs' and 'we go again' stays on for two years longer than he should - complacency, drift and mediocrity permeates.

Toxic and ineffective cultures don't take long to grow but they can sure as hell take a while to move once those habits turn into well.....habits and 'well this is how we've always done it'.

Cook has a real mountain to climb. Had he come in in November there'd have been some, albeit limited scope for change. Instead, he's stuck with a pack of lame ducks who've spent nearly 3 years in a complacent and dysfunctional working environment.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 20:12]

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:57 - Apr 13 with 3099 viewschrismakin

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:49 - Apr 13 by rgp1

Cooks record is almost 2 wins in 10. Not far from Hursts 1 win in 14 from where I can see.

Slight difference of course being Hurst signed some players, had a whole pre season, then 3 months of the season

Cooks had............

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:59 - Apr 13 with 3046 viewsgordon

Surely a) only one if this sorry lot could have had their feathers ruffled by Hurst and b) Hurst brought in a few of this sorry lot himself.
I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 20:00 - Apr 13 with 3024 viewsBlueBadger

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:57 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

Slight difference of course being Hurst signed some players, had a whole pre season, then 3 months of the season

Cooks had............

It's become readily apparent that this season is a dead loss. I suspect that had Lambert stayed on, we'd have been even worse than we are now

The Fraud should have been sacked two years ago.

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 20:03 - Apr 13 with 2994 viewschrismakin

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 20:00 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

It's become readily apparent that this season is a dead loss. I suspect that had Lambert stayed on, we'd have been even worse than we are now

The Fraud should have been sacked two years ago.

Yep, I feel sorry for PC

years of exceptional hard work and success and his popularity and ability being questioned all because town left it too late to sack PL.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 20:03 - Apr 13 with 2993 viewsBlueBadger

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:59 - Apr 13 by gordon

Surely a) only one if this sorry lot could have had their feathers ruffled by Hurst and b) Hurst brought in a few of this sorry lot himself.

And lest we forget, that 'one' did his utmost to rally players and rebuild team spirit.

The OP has spent the last two years downvoting people who've been pointing out that Lambert was utterly incompetent in face of reality.

Which is quite ironic, given his username.

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 20:07 - Apr 13 with 2953 viewsBlueBadger

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 20:03 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

Yep, I feel sorry for PC

years of exceptional hard work and success and his popularity and ability being questioned all because town left it too late to sack PL.

I feel for the poor b*gger, there's literally nothing he can do to effect change at the moment apart from shuffling the pack, drilling in training and hoping that something sticks.He's fighting an uphill battle against a complacent and incompetent club culture that's been allowed to fester for far, far too long.

I'm not going to use the words 'free' and 'hit'.
This season is a failure and he's been unable to arrest that and that's ultimately on him, but he's considerably less culpable for that than Marcus Evans, Paul Hurst and Paul Lambert are.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 20:08]

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 20:12 - Apr 13 with 2882 viewsBlueBadger

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:51 - Apr 13 by gtsb1966

When I sat on the pitch all those years ago shouting "Duncan out" I never thought we could get a worse manager let alone two.

Seem like halcyon days as well, innit.

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 20:34 - Apr 13 with 2800 viewsThe_Realist_09

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 20:03 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

And lest we forget, that 'one' did his utmost to rally players and rebuild team spirit.

The OP has spent the last two years downvoting people who've been pointing out that Lambert was utterly incompetent in face of reality.

Which is quite ironic, given his username.

Maybe I did get a bit happy with the down votes, but I was not overly a fan of Lambert I can assure you.

What I did disagree with was the countless posts about how good our squad was and how any sort of average manager would walk the league with this group etc..
I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 20:54 - Apr 13 with 2726 viewsEl_Fenix

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:30 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

None of these players bar Chambers - other than Sears, Skuse, Bishop, Downes, Dozzell, Huws, Wolfenden, Nydam ... ?

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 22:00 - Apr 13 with 2607 viewsstonojnr

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 20:34 - Apr 13 by The_Realist_09

Maybe I did get a bit happy with the down votes, but I was not overly a fan of Lambert I can assure you.

What I did disagree with was the countless posts about how good our squad was and how any sort of average manager would walk the league with this group etc..

which I think you have a valid point with, but you are never going to get anyone who has spent more than a season now demanding Lambert be gone to turn around and look at the team now under Cook and go actually you know maybe I got that wrong, maybe Lambert wasnt solely to blame for this mess and maybe we should have demanded more from the players.
I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 22:02 - Apr 13 with 2579 viewsistanblue

It's the Marcus Evans legacy.
I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 22:02 - Apr 13 with 2561 viewsTieDyedIn95

Apart from ...

1. Wolfenden (Youth)
2. Skuse (Free Transfer)
3. Wright (Youth)
4. Lankester (Youth)
5. Bishop (Youth)
6. Nydham (Youth)
7. Sears (£100,000)
8. Downes (Youth)
9. Dozzell (Youth)
10. Drinnan (Free)
11. Kenlock (Youth)
12. Dobra (Youth)
13. Huws (Undisclosed)
14. Ndaba (Youth)

+ Chambers

= 15

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 23:09 - Apr 13 with 2436 viewsMach_foreignBlue

But all of these players and that include Chambers are the part of the culture and regime called: 'there are no expectations to win every game at Ipswich'. Just what McGoldrick said. Or 'we are only Ipswich who gives a fk', Berra's words.

Hurst said a few 'nasty' words after the Exeter game and they sulked and downed the tools. Tonight a similar action from Cook and the question is if those so called professional players start whinging like bunch of snots.

Just like OP said Hurst's recruitment was unforgivable but he wanted things his own way but they downed the tools. Like they did for Lambert and like they are doing so for Cook. Because the latter demands more on the training pitch and says in public that they are unfit and not up for the harder training sessions.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 23:11]
I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 23:19 - Apr 13 with 2382 viewspointofblue

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 22:02 - Apr 13 by TieDyedIn95

Apart from ...

1. Wolfenden (Youth)
2. Skuse (Free Transfer)
3. Wright (Youth)
4. Lankester (Youth)
5. Bishop (Youth)
6. Nydham (Youth)
7. Sears (£100,000)
8. Downes (Youth)
9. Dozzell (Youth)
10. Drinnan (Free)
11. Kenlock (Youth)
12. Dobra (Youth)
13. Huws (Undisclosed)
14. Ndaba (Youth)

+ Chambers

= 15

Ignoring the youths:

Jewell - Chambers
McCarthy - Drinan, Huws, Sears, Skuse
Hurst - (Donacien), Edwards, Jackson, Nolan, Norwood, Nsiala
Lambert - Bennetts, Cornell, Harrop, Hawkins, Holy, Judge, Matheson, McGuinness, Parrott, (Thomas), Vincent-Young, Ward, Wilson
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 23:20]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 23:21 - Apr 13 with 2366 viewswkj

I can't feel sorry for him. The way he handled that transfer window was purely down to himself. Even if was right to give the players a rocket.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 23:22 - Apr 13 with 2358 viewspositivity

if you look at today's team, the only ones to emerge with any credit were hurst buys (edwards/toto) or youth products (downes), just a shame he was an appalling man manager...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 23:48 - Apr 13 with 2271 viewsChurchman

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 19:51 - Apr 13 by gtsb1966

Four if you include Jewell and nut job Keane. And Duncan was truly clueless. Says it all really
I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT on 00:19 - Apr 14 with 2214 viewspatrickswell

Two worse managers than John Duncan? Surely that number is up to 4 when you consider Keane and Jewell's record here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024