Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... 20:04 - Apr 13 with 6821 viewsitfcjoe

....become a problem?

Is he really the new owners first choice?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:05 - Apr 13 with 3612 viewshomer_123

How have we managed to get worse since Cook has joined? by homer_123 13 Apr 2021 19:11
I hope our new owners have very deep pockets.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:05 - Apr 13 with 3624 viewsMillsTash

Be careful Joe. You must never question Paul Cook managerial ability on this forum. It is blasphemy.
At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:06 - Apr 13 with 3565 viewschrismakin

Once he's had the summer of clearing out what he does't want
replace them with those he does want
and then give him until xmas and see if we're top 2 in league 1

anything before that is too soon

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:06 - Apr 13 with 3578 viewsitfctilidie

It becomes a problem after he has had a chance to get rid of this absolute deadwood useless playing squad and brings in his own team.

This lot of players are beyond crap they deserve every bit of negativity they get
At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:08 - Apr 13 with 3480 viewsBlueBadger

I will never forgive Hurst for some of his transfer business...BUT by BlueBadger 13 Apr 2021 20:07
I feel for the poor b*gger, there's literally nothing he can do to effect change at the moment apart from shuffling the pack, drilling in training and hoping that something sticks.He's fighting an uphill battle against a complacent and incompetent club culture that's been allowed to fester for far, far too long.

I'm not going to use the words 'free' and 'hit'.
This season is a failure and he's been unable to arrest that and that's ultimately on him, but he's considerably less culpable for that than Marcus Evans, Paul Hurst and Paul Lambert are.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:08 - Apr 13 with 3484 viewstownblue

It's been a very poor start but he's working with a squad of players who all know they are out of a job.

I still don't understand how we had the Gill run before turning downhill again.
At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:09 - Apr 13 with 3474 viewspointofblue

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:06 - Apr 13 by itfctilidie

It becomes a problem after he has had a chance to get rid of this absolute deadwood useless playing squad and brings in his own team.

This lot of players are beyond crap they deserve every bit of negativity they get

But I doubt he’ll be able to get rid of all of them, especially not those on a contract. What does he hope will happen, the positivity from the new signings will give the remainder a kick up the backside?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:09 - Apr 13 with 3434 viewsZXBlue

Not until he has some players of his own, who are not running out of contract and devoid of confidence or attachment to the club.
Login to get fewer ads

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:09 - Apr 13 with 3418 viewsWallingford_Boy

If Pompey somehow don’t go up....

Could we still get the Cowleys?!

Cook will be drowning his sorrows back down the boozer tonight, that’s for sure.

RIP Sir Bobby

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:10 - Apr 13 with 3408 viewsHerbivore

You've got to give a manager a transfer window. He's been disappointing so far but he inherited a mess of a situation here really. A bloated, unfit, unbalanced squad where half of them won't be here next season. Damage done from sticking with a disliked and disinterested manager for at least a year too long. An owner whose focus was on completing the sale of the club.

Don't get me wrong, I expected a lot more and he hasn't been good enough, but I don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. Let him have a summer to shape the squad, have a full preseason, and then let's see what happens.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:10 - Apr 13 with 3408 viewsgtsb1966

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:09 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

But I doubt he’ll be able to get rid of all of them, especially not those on a contract. What does he hope will happen, the positivity from the new signings will give the remainder a kick up the backside?

I think that is exactly what will happen.
At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:10 - Apr 13 with 3413 viewsOjc

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:05 - Apr 13 by MillsTash

Be careful Joe. You must never question Paul Cook managerial ability on this forum. It is blasphemy.

Agree, I mean giving managers time has worked so well in the past for us hasn’t it. Time our expectation levels were raised and managers and players feel the heat from day 1
At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:10 - Apr 13 with 3396 viewschrismakin

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:09 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

Thing is though, the ones in contract aren't really the big problem

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:11 - Apr 13 with 3373 viewsBlueBadger

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:10 - Apr 13 by Ojc

Agree, I mean giving managers time has worked so well in the past for us hasn’t it. Time our expectation levels were raised and managers and players feel the heat from day 1

Christ alive.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:11 - Apr 13 with 3385 viewsDyland

I don't know if it's possible to judge his management skill from what we're seeing on pitch, only his character from what he say about it. I like his character.

There's a culture of accepting defeat at ITFC. The players who keep losing and lacking any fight... they are all still here! I don't think they're (all) taking the piss but you don't need to be a psychiatrist here.

The spectre of MEG will hang over ITFC for at least this season. We will see what happens in the summer. I suspect and hope the changes will be cataclysmic.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:11 - Apr 13 with 3378 viewsNeedhamChris

I agree, said this in an earlier thread.

10 games under Paul Cook - 10pt (1pt per game)
Last 10 games under Paul Lambert - 15pts (1.5pts per game)

I didn't expect us to go up this year, but I expected to see some improvement.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:11 - Apr 13 with 3354 viewsNthQldITFC

I really think this squad is so mentally poisoned that these performances and results at the end of this season are pretty much inevitable under any manager. Just hope that Cook himself is robust enough not be contaminated, so that he can truly start afresh for us over the summer. Has there ever been a worse situation at any club, with a seemingly inescapable negative momentum?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:12 - Apr 13 with 3336 viewshomer_123

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:06 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

Once he's had the summer of clearing out what he does't want
replace them with those he does want
and then give him until xmas and see if we're top 2 in league 1

anything before that is too soon

You assume we csn offload this lot and assume we can recruit better.

We had a chance of play offs and promotion this season....shocking that we can't take advantage of that. Just as bad as Lambert not being able to make a fist of staying in the Championship

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:12 - Apr 13 with 3335 viewsSimonds92

I absolutely expected us to push on with his appointment but the performances have been awful. He's absolutely the right man to take us forward next season as long as we get rid of most of this horrific squad. They're gutless losers and i really struggle to see how a lot of them will find clubs next season.
At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:12 - Apr 13 with 3305 viewspointofblue

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:10 - Apr 13 by Ojc

Cook will quite rightly get the summer. What this run is doing is reducing the opportunity for him to have a dodgy start in August - any signs of the same old form and tensions will be raised straight away.

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:13 - Apr 13 with 3292 viewsTheBoyBlue

This group of players have failed under three managers now. At what point do we blame them?

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:13 - Apr 13 with 3283 viewsDanTheMan

I must say, I expected better than this. It's been bloody terrible.

I wasn't really expecting even the playoffs really but... it's just so bad.

Obviously not calling for his head or anything ridiculous, but I am disappointed in how we've not improved in the slightest.

If it does all go wrong I can say that I always wanted Cowleys though I guess.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:13 - Apr 13 with 3273 viewsMillsTash

Exactly. Just imagine if Portsmouth sacked their manager and then won 4 out of their last 6. Oh wait a minute....
At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:14 - Apr 13 with 3241 viewsgordon

Really not convinced he's the manager for the situation we're in now -think he would've been quite shrewd in the transfer market with a competitive but not massive budget, kept the club running with little support from ME etc., been a decent human shield, another version of Mick basically.
At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:14 - Apr 13 with 3219 viewspointofblue

At what point does the fact that we get worse every single game under Cook.... on 20:13 - Apr 13 by DanTheMan

I must say, I expected better than this. It's been bloody terrible.

I wasn't really expecting even the playoffs really but... it's just so bad.

Obviously not calling for his head or anything ridiculous, but I am disappointed in how we've not improved in the slightest.

If it does all go wrong I can say that I always wanted Cowleys though I guess.

The biggest issue is not that we haven’t improved but, Northampton aside, we’ve actually gone backwards compared to the performances under Lambert.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024