Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s a really poor start 20:31 - Apr 13 with 1183 viewsthebooks

Well, I guess we’ve learned that Paul Cook hasn’t been able to organise/motivate a decent group of players any better than his predecessor, or the head coach.

Personally, that doesn’t fill me with a huge amount of confidence, but he will at least be given the opportunity to rip it up and start again, apparently. I do really hope he’s able to take advantage of that and everything just feels completely different next season. I’m sure it will.

In his defence you could perhaps argue that a lot of these players know they’re on their way out regardless of what happens, and they’ve given up.

Personally, think he should have done a lot, lot better, and writing this season off is criminally wasteful, but that no doubt makes me a “berk”, “idiot” or someone who doesn’t know anything about football 🤷🏻‍♂️
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 20:33]
No subject on 20:33 - Apr 13 with 1134 viewsBlueBadger

Or, that our problems run a lot deeper than even the most pessimistic of us thought and it's going to be more of a long job than we though and jumping to simplistic conclusions isn't the sharpest move?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

No subject on 20:35 - Apr 13 with 1110 viewspatrickswell

In fairness to Cook, he came in talking about going for automatic promotion, he wasn't writing anything off and based on his record over previous seasons, I'm hopeful that once he gets to work and starts bringing his own players in that we will hopefully do well.

Unfortunately, for all his aims and aspirations he's working with a squad of players whose sole achievement over the last 3 years is to suck the life out of everyone and everything that comes into contact with them.

Mass clearout needed to try and purge the place of the rot and lethargy which has suffocated the club for too long.
It’s a really poor start on 20:36 - Apr 13 with 1104 viewsdavblue

There's far more to it than just the players not being good enough.

They are mentally shot, they have negativity running through them at every point.

Lambert has done some major damage to the club, far more than originally thought. His toxic, negative environment has broken many of these players as a group and the only thing that can turn it around is moving a fair amount of these.
It’s a really poor start on 20:37 - Apr 13 with 1069 viewschrismakin

The post doesn't make you a berk

But calling them a decent group of players does

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

It’s a really poor start on 20:39 - Apr 13 with 1039 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm not sure how we can still be using terms like 'a decent group of players'. It's a woefully unbalanced squad. We've got a decent rb, a coupe of half decent CBs, although one is error prone, a few decent CMs, a questionably half decent striker, and then everyone else struggles to do the basics. There are far too many weak links for this to be a decent group.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It’s a really poor start on 20:40 - Apr 13 with 1033 viewspointofblue

It’s a really poor start on 20:36 - Apr 13 by davblue

There's far more to it than just the players not being good enough.

They are mentally shot, they have negativity running through them at every point.

Lambert has done some major damage to the club, far more than originally thought. His toxic, negative environment has broken many of these players as a group and the only thing that can turn it around is moving a fair amount of these.

Such a negativity vibe that we picked up seven points of nine on his last three games with decent performances. The sign of this coming was Accrington away after he had left.

Of course we were abysmal prior to the Oxford/Hull/Doncaster run.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It’s a really poor start on 20:41 - Apr 13 with 1009 viewsBlueBadger

It’s a really poor start on 20:40 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

Such a negativity vibe that we picked up seven points of nine on his last three games with decent performances. The sign of this coming was Accrington away after he had left.

Lambert had mentally checked out that point. Matt Gil was running the side.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It’s a really poor start on 20:41 - Apr 13 with 1003 viewsdavblue

It’s a really poor start on 20:40 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

Look at the previous results for the last 2 and a bit years...
Login to get fewer ads

It’s a really poor start on 20:42 - Apr 13 with 987 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s a really poor start on 20:41 - Apr 13 by davblue

Look at the previous results for the last 2 and a bit years...

Quite.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It’s a really poor start on 20:42 - Apr 13 with 985 viewsTheBoyBlue

I'm not sure PC has written the season off, if he seems to have tried so much to get something to click in time to make something of this season.

However a lot of fans - myself included - have written it off because... well you've seen them tonight.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

It’s a really poor start on 20:42 - Apr 13 with 981 viewsGuthrum

It’s a really poor start on 20:39 - Apr 13 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not sure how we can still be using terms like 'a decent group of players'. It's a woefully unbalanced squad. We've got a decent rb, a coupe of half decent CBs, although one is error prone, a few decent CMs, a questionably half decent striker, and then everyone else struggles to do the basics. There are far too many weak links for this to be a decent group.

On paper, a fair few of the players ought to be of decent quality (for League 1). However, their mindset appears to be chronically negative (backwards passing and fearful of shooting) and terribly fragile.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It’s a really poor start on 20:43 - Apr 13 with 973 viewsChurchman

Decent group of players??? Yeah, Champions League material aren’t they. Just Cooks incompetence that is holding us back from keeping us from challenging Europe’s best before the seasons ended.

Seriously......
It’s a really poor start on 20:43 - Apr 13 with 964 viewschrismakin

It’s a really poor start on 20:42 - Apr 13 by TheBoyBlue

I'm not sure PC has written the season off, if he seems to have tried so much to get something to click in time to make something of this season.

However a lot of fans - myself included - have written it off because... well you've seen them tonight.

TBH it's more of a shame we won those 3 games before he came in, as play off talk probably would have stopped a few weeks ago and people wouldn't be so worked up

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

It’s a really poor start on 20:44 - Apr 13 with 941 viewsGuthrum

Cook may have realised pretty quickly that the playoffs were not really achievable - let alone winnable - with this group of players as they currently are.

It’s a really poor start on 20:44 - Apr 13 with 935 viewsNeedhamChris

It’s a really poor start on 20:41 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

Lambert had mentally checked out that point. Matt Gil was running the side.

Then it should have been left that way until the summer. This is hardly what Cook needs either - he's burning through a fair chunk of goodwill right now.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

It’s a really poor start on 20:46 - Apr 13 with 885 viewspointofblue

It’s a really poor start on 20:44 - Apr 13 by Guthrum

Cook may have realised pretty quickly that the playoffs were not really achievable - let alone winnable - with this group of players as they currently are.

No, someone else pointed it out, if he had written off the play offs he would have stick to his system and treated this as an extended pre-season. The constant chopping and changing of shape and personnel indicates he’s desperately trying to get something to click.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It’s a really poor start on 20:47 - Apr 13 with 855 viewsGuthrum

It’s a really poor start on 20:44 - Apr 13 by NeedhamChris

Then it should have been left that way until the summer. This is hardly what Cook needs either - he's burning through a fair chunk of goodwill right now.

Gill remains part of the set-up. But his formula is no longer effective.

Think he got the new manager bounce - or rather the "old manager leaving bounce".

It’s a really poor start on 20:50 - Apr 13 with 825 viewsGuthrum

It’s a really poor start on 20:46 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

No, someone else pointed it out, if he had written off the play offs he would have stick to his system and treated this as an extended pre-season. The constant chopping and changing of shape and personnel indicates he’s desperately trying to get something to click.

Or he's treating it as a sort of pre-transfer-pre-season and looking at all the players to see who, if any, might be worth keeping.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 20:50]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024