Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go 20:41 - Apr 13 with 3697 viewsOjc

We need a clean break, anything tied to old era needs to be washed away in every capacity.
If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 20:44 - Apr 13 with 2187 viewsBlueBadger

He's about the only one of this set of players bar Downes, still able to show some motivation.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 20:48 - Apr 13 with 2154 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wonder if he'd move into the coaching side? I think it's clear his playing days are coming to an end, but there's been nothing wrong with his service and commitment to the club. Quite the opposite - he's been a real leader behind the scenes for the younger players apparently. Daddy Chambo innit. We could do with keeping some of that passion and commitment in the club.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 20:54 - Apr 13 with 2113 viewsBlueBadger

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 20:48 - Apr 13 by Swansea_Blue

I wonder if he'd move into the coaching side? I think it's clear his playing days are coming to an end, but there's been nothing wrong with his service and commitment to the club. Quite the opposite - he's been a real leader behind the scenes for the younger players apparently. Daddy Chambo innit. We could do with keeping some of that passion and commitment in the club.

There's that, but also, MICK really liked him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 20:55 - Apr 13 with 2108 viewsStirlingArcher

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 20:54 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

There's that, but also, MICK really liked him.

yeah most fans will for some reason use that as extra vinegar on their anti chambers chips
If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 20:59 - Apr 13 with 2083 viewsOjc

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 20:55 - Apr 13 by StirlingArcher

yeah most fans will for some reason use that as extra vinegar on their anti chambers chips

We have new owners and new direction we cannot be sentimental about players that have been involved in this clubs worst ever period in history
If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:01 - Apr 13 with 2054 viewsVic

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 20:48 - Apr 13 by Swansea_Blue

I think the days of giving coaching jobs to old players maybe gone. This new ownership will want only the best - as shown in getting in O’Leary and Ashton. There will be no sentiments now.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:05 - Apr 13 with 2025 viewsJ2BLUE

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 20:59 - Apr 13 by Ojc

We have new owners and new direction we cannot be sentimental about players that have been involved in this clubs worst ever period in history

We can, however, show some common sense and keep the defender who has played most minutes in a top five defence.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:14 - Apr 13 with 1967 viewsbobbyramsey

Hopefully we'll be able to afford some proper coaches...
Login to get fewer ads

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:16 - Apr 13 with 1957 viewschrismakin

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:05 - Apr 13 by J2BLUE

We can, however, show some common sense and keep the defender who has played most minutes in a top five defence.

Sorry J2, but i think go fresh where we can, and that's letting the out of contracts go

There will be defenders out there for us

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:17 - Apr 13 with 1954 viewsclive_baker

I agree. I said it before that moving Chambers on is almost symbolic now as much as anything else. Thanks for your efforts, if the rest of the squad had the application he’s had we wouldn’t be where we are, but it’s time for a fresh start. It would certainly be a statement that it’s a new era if Chambers / Skuse et al are moved on, and not into coaching roles either.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:19 - Apr 13 with 1916 viewsJ2BLUE

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:16 - Apr 13 by chrismakin

Sorry J2, but i think go fresh where we can, and that's letting the out of contracts go

There will be defenders out there for us

I'm not saying i'd be heartbroken to see a complete refresh but take the emotions out of it for a second. If we let him go, he's going to join a league one rival. Almost certainly. He's our defender with the most minutes in a top 5 defence. The focus will be on adding assists and goals to the squad.

Do you really want to lose him to a rival and leave us needing to sign a replacement as good? I know as good almost sounds comical but our defence is not the issue.

A new one year deal looks an absolute no brainer.

Truly impaired.

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:20 - Apr 13 with 1897 viewsStokieBlue

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 20:44 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

He's about the only one of this set of players bar Downes, still able to show some motivation.

I think another season might be one too far for him though.

He will be 36 at the start of the next season and I am not sure his distribution is good enough to play the formation and style that Cook wants (I may be wrong).

A clean break might be best for all sides.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:23 - Apr 13 with 1871 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 20:44 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

I am sorry, if that is the best Chambers can do in motivating those around him it is frankly why we are where we are. Lay aside whether he is still a good enough defender (I am sure he is at this level especially), he has never been the inspirational leader on the pitch we need.

We need to get in someone to provide leadership and motivation on the pitch who is capable of playing and doing so at Championship level in 2 seasons and beyond. Coupled with that, letting Skuse and Chambers go means they are not competing with the old heads who once had that responsibility.

Chambers and Skuse have been great pros for this club but they are not the future.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:24 - Apr 13 with 1864 viewsOjc

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:19 - Apr 13 by J2BLUE

I'm not saying i'd be heartbroken to see a complete refresh but take the emotions out of it for a second. If we let him go, he's going to join a league one rival. Almost certainly. He's our defender with the most minutes in a top 5 defence. The focus will be on adding assists and goals to the squad.

Do you really want to lose him to a rival and leave us needing to sign a replacement as good? I know as good almost sounds comical but our defence is not the issue.

I think we should be looking beyond and above players like Chambers now, I accept we are League 1 but it’s time for both parties to move on
If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:25 - Apr 13 with 1851 viewspointofblue

If we didn’t already have Roberts I wouldn’t be adverse to the idea but we desperately need experience there now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:26 - Apr 13 with 1822 viewsStokieBlue

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:19 - Apr 13 by J2BLUE

Defence was quite a lot of the issue today, they let a player we released run past 3 of them and then lay it off for a goal.

We shouldn't be conceding 3 to Wimbledon if the defence isn't the issue.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:29 - Apr 13 with 1809 viewschrismakin

For the sake of our squad I do yes, but I guess we'll see if cook trusts him, like youve said before, 3 managers have liked him. I just think if we're going new, we need to move on from the past

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:32 - Apr 13 with 1767 viewsParky

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:25 - Apr 13 by pointofblue

If we didn’t already have Roberts I wouldn’t be adverse to the idea but we desperately need experience there now.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, why would we want the captain of our worst ever squad as a coach, coaching others?

This might come across as harsh, but far too many people are love struck by him purely because he’s been here so long.
If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:34 - Apr 13 with 1749 viewsOjc

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:32 - Apr 13 by Parky

I mean this in the nicest way possible, why would we want the captain of our worst ever squad as a coach, coaching others?

This might come across as harsh, but far too many people are love struck by him purely because he’s been here so long.

Exactly my point, overseen the worst period in Towns history. We can’t be sentimental if we want to move forward as a club.
If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:35 - Apr 13 with 1737 viewsIwasthere

J2, I didn't think you were the sentimental type. Chambers is fortunate to still be playing L1 football. Effort is no substitute for ability and at no time during his stay at Town has he showed class. In my opinion the stick he received whilst playing full back was generally justified. I saw him playing one of his first matches for Town, a pre season friendly at Cambridge.He got beaten in the air every time by the Cambridge forward that day and I have never been impressed since.
I echo other sentiments, a clean sweep including Chambers.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 21:42]
If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:39 - Apr 13 with 1700 viewsITFC_Cotton

Don't think I've ever seen him try and motivate the team after conceding a goal, never seen him grill a player for being out of position. The guy has been a constant in this decline, as far as I'm concerned the players mentality is a part reflection of the captain and as tonight's game and many other games recently have proven they don't give a toss.
If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:45 - Apr 13 with 1658 viewsDubtractor

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:05 - Apr 13 by J2BLUE

Not always as simple as that though.

We have a top 5 defence because, as a team, we take so few risks. That is why we have a bottom 3 attack.

To create chances, to score goals, to have to open up a little bit, commit players, go on dribbles etc. We do none of that as we're so scared of making a mistake and giving a goal away. So we end up with a great defensive record.

We're guilty of this as fans too. Look at the hammering Dozzell got for the Bristol goal a couple of games ago, for making a mistake in trying to commit players and open the pitch up to attack.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:47 - Apr 13 with 1636 viewsJ2BLUE

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:35 - Apr 13 by Iwasthere

J2, I didn't think you were the sentimental type. Chambers is fortunate to still be playing L1 football. Effort is no substitute for ability and at no time during his stay at Town has he showed class. In my opinion the stick he received whilst playing full back was generally justified. I saw him playing one of his first matches for Town, a pre season friendly at Cambridge.He got beaten in the air every time by the Cambridge forward that day and I have never been impressed since.
I echo other sentiments, a clean sweep including Chambers.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2021 21:42]

Sentimental? We have the fifth best defence in the league based on goals conceded. That's not sentiment, that's a fact.

Truly impaired.

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:52 - Apr 13 with 1600 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:59 - Apr 13 with 1553 viewsJ2BLUE

If we need a fresh start, that means Chambers has to go on 21:45 - Apr 13 by Dubtractor

Not always as simple as that though.

We have a top 5 defence because, as a team, we take so few risks. That is why we have a bottom 3 attack.

To create chances, to score goals, to have to open up a little bit, commit players, go on dribbles etc. We do none of that as we're so scared of making a mistake and giving a goal away. So we end up with a great defensive record.

We're guilty of this as fans too. Look at the hammering Dozzell got for the Bristol goal a couple of games ago, for making a mistake in trying to commit players and open the pitch up to attack.

It sounds like people have made up their minds and are looking to justify it.

Pluggers has downvoted a fact he could easily verify because he's made his mind up.

We do take few risks but we've conceded an average of one goal per game. In this division with our superior resources we really should be scoring plenty and getting promoted.

Yes we may lose a little of that solidity but is Chambers the weak leak of our defence? He's playing out of position much of the time. I just don't see that he's the issue.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024