Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... 08:15 - Apr 14 with 2160 viewsKropotkin123

I'm actually really happy that the players have no fight and are doing badly. It would be much worse if they had galvanized themselves for the last ten games, got into the play-offs, lost, but done enough to secure a contract.

At least this way we know they don't care and we can just have a clean break in the summer.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 08:16 - Apr 14 with 2132 viewssaffers12

Spot on
I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 08:16 - Apr 14 with 2122 viewsOsborneOneNil

Yep, exactly right. At last, we have a man in charge who sees it as we do....
I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 08:20 - Apr 14 with 2090 viewssaffers12

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 08:16 - Apr 14 by OsborneOneNil

PC used one word that summed up a 1000 for myself last night

TIRED

Tired of the performance levels, the talk from the players, from myself thinking the next game would be better, seeing another signing coming in and having no positive impact, of my mates taking the piss etc etc etc
I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 08:26 - Apr 14 with 2049 viewsurbanblue

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 08:20 - Apr 14 by saffers12

TIRED

Tired of the performance levels, the talk from the players, from myself thinking the next game would be better, seeing another signing coming in and having no positive impact, of my mates taking the piss etc etc etc

' ... tired of thinking the next game would be better ..'

That's me every time ... getting up at all hours to see the games.

I got up at 3.30am to watch that. Been f00king knackered at work all day.
I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 08:27 - Apr 14 with 2027 viewsRegencyBlue

Completely agree.

Short term pain for long term gain!

It is still bloody annoying though.
I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 08:37 - Apr 14 with 1948 viewsOsborneOneNil

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 08:20 - Apr 14 by saffers12

TIRED

Totally.

Tired of saying to my young lads, ‘ah, Town are losing again’.
I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 09:04 - Apr 14 with 1872 viewsKeno

seems like there has been an outbreak of common sense this morning

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 10:44 - Apr 14 with 1754 viewsKropotkin123

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 09:04 - Apr 14 by Keno

seems like there has been an outbreak of common sense this morning

Don't say it too loudly, they'll be another national lockdown to prevent something that dangerous from spreading.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

Login to get fewer ads

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 10:54 - Apr 14 with 1708 viewsiamipswich

I don't know if it's even a matter of them not caring, I just think they're not very good.

But totally agree that this helps sort out what could potentially have been a few tough decisions.

Poll: Who will return first?

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 10:55 - Apr 14 with 1708 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I don't buy into this "they don't care" narrative. Of course they care and they try their best but they are not as good as some of our supporters believe them to be. And their confidence is completely shot, not helped by constant criticism. Even when they win this forum is full of criticism with barely any acknowledgement of the things they do well in those games.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 10:59 - Apr 14 with 1679 viewschrismakin

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 10:55 - Apr 14 by Tangledupin_Blue

I don't buy into this "they don't care" narrative. Of course they care and they try their best but they are not as good as some of our supporters believe them to be. And their confidence is completely shot, not helped by constant criticism. Even when they win this forum is full of criticism with barely any acknowledgement of the things they do well in those games.

why do they care?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 10:59 - Apr 14 with 1675 viewshaynes_toe1

Yeah, i'm delighted we're going to miss out on a chance of promotion this season in the hope we get a chance of promotion next season.

Logic.
I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 11:02 - Apr 14 with 1657 viewsHerbivore

I'm not sure that it's a case of not caring, but more that they are physically and mentally shot. It seems pretty evident that there are serious fitness issues in the squad and we're coming to the end of a condensed and very draining season and they just don't have it physically. Mentally they look totally done in as well. We were cruising against Brizzle the other week, then we make one mistake to let them back in the game and we spend the next 20 minutes trying to give the game away.

I put both issues down to sticking with a disinterested and disliked manager for more than a year longer than we should have done. It's tough to undo that kind of damage, particularly in a season that gives you no respite with games coming thick and fast. I fully expect several of the squad will move on and do very well at this level, some will stay and do well here, but as a collective I've never seen such a busted and broken group of footballers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 11:08 - Apr 14 with 1630 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 10:59 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

why do they care?

What a strange question.

They care because they want to succeed at what they are doing, the same as most people in most walks of life. Because they want to be seen as good players and to develop their careers on an upward trajectory. Because they want to hold their heads up when they are recognised on the street.

Most people care at what they do; our team of players are no different.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 11:34 - Apr 14 with 1583 viewsjayessess

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 10:59 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

why do they care?

at the very least, MONEY.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 11:38 - Apr 14 with 1571 viewschrismakin

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 11:08 - Apr 14 by Tangledupin_Blue

What a strange question.

They care because they want to succeed at what they are doing, the same as most people in most walks of life. Because they want to be seen as good players and to develop their careers on an upward trajectory. Because they want to hold their heads up when they are recognised on the street.

Most people care at what they do; our team of players are no different.

So, ex players talk about players not caring

the manager basically comes out and says the players dont care

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 12:32 - Apr 14 with 1501 viewsKropotkin123

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 10:55 - Apr 14 by Tangledupin_Blue

I don't buy into this "they care" narrative. Just not enough supporting evidence to back it up.

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 12:43 - Apr 14 with 1479 viewsKropotkin123

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 10:59 - Apr 14 by haynes_toe1

Yeah, i'm delighted we're going to miss out on a chance of promotion this season in the hope we get a chance of promotion next season.

Logic.

It isn't what I've said or implied. But that was a nice attempt at spinning it.

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 12:56 - Apr 14 with 1453 viewsNthQldITFC

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 11:02 - Apr 14 by Herbivore

I'm not sure that it's a case of not caring, but more that they are physically and mentally shot. It seems pretty evident that there are serious fitness issues in the squad and we're coming to the end of a condensed and very draining season and they just don't have it physically. Mentally they look totally done in as well. We were cruising against Brizzle the other week, then we make one mistake to let them back in the game and we spend the next 20 minutes trying to give the game away.

I put both issues down to sticking with a disinterested and disliked manager for more than a year longer than we should have done. It's tough to undo that kind of damage, particularly in a season that gives you no respite with games coming thick and fast. I fully expect several of the squad will move on and do very well at this level, some will stay and do well here, but as a collective I've never seen such a busted and broken group of footballers.

I couldn't agree more, and the contagious aspect of the mental health of the club as whole is why we need perhaps a harder pruning back of players than has ever been seen before.

Some players clearly need to go, and others probably need to go who may well in theory be salvageable, just in order to make sure that the pre-season squad mentality is a positive one.

Some or most of those players can feel hard done by to some extent, given the apparently (I have no first hand information) shocking mismanagement of so many facets of this football club over the last 15 or so years, but the club comes first, and the club has a good opportunity now to do a deep and effective reset, assuming the funding from the US is available.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 12:57 - Apr 14 with 1442 viewsBiGDonnie

Yep, fook em.

Imagine what it'd be like with a crowd in at the moment - they'd be getting ripped, deservedly!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 12:58 - Apr 14 with 1441 viewshaynes_toe1

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 12:43 - Apr 14 by Kropotkin123

It isn't what I've said or implied. But that was a nice attempt at spinning it.

It's exactly what you've said.
I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 12:59 - Apr 14 with 1432 viewsBiGDonnie

I've woken up on the right side of the bed today and realised... on 08:16 - Apr 14 by OsborneOneNil

8 years of Skuse is nearly over brother!

We've held steadfast in our correct opinions on him and can hang our heads high.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024