Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I thought Chambers did well again last night 08:38 - Apr 14 with 1475 viewsBluefish

Not really sure why he is being singled out again

Yes we should be moving on from him but he was our best defender yet again. No point moving on until you have someone better

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 08:39 - Apr 14 with 1215 viewsreusersfreekicks

Scapegoat material
I thought Chambers did well again last night on 08:47 - Apr 14 with 1160 viewsGuthrum

People seem to be annoyed that he isn't publicly calling out some of his colleagues, with whom he has to work every day.

Also, everything was apparently wonderful at ITFC until the summer of 2012, after which we had no success.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 08:48 - Apr 14 with 1152 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

I will be surprised and disappointed not to see Luke Chambers here next season.
We all have our views and most of us are often proved wrong, but if you did an analysis of the number of bad mistakes made by every player this season, then LC I guess would be near the bottom of that list.
Stats will tell you there is nothing wrong with our defence; ok they are bound to have the odd game like last evening; it is our inability at the other end which is the issue. Yet Luke Chambers comes in for more criticism than anyone else. I can make a good case for saying that Dozzell has cost us more goals than LC this season - that's another story of course.
I thought Chambers did well again last night on 08:57 - Apr 14 with 1099 viewsManchesterblue

Yeah, losing out to what looked like Jamie Peters on a shoulder barge,
he must be really happy we conceded straight after that,

Captain fantastic has disappeared.

"Holds hands to ears"

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 08:59 - Apr 14 with 1081 viewsDanTheMan

Don't you know? He's been running the club for the whole time he's been here.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:03 - Apr 14 with 1058 viewswkj

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 08:47 - Apr 14 by Guthrum

People seem to be annoyed that he isn't publicly calling out some of his colleagues, with whom he has to work every day.

Also, everything was apparently wonderful at ITFC until the summer of 2012, after which we had no success.

My main concern isn't with his captaincy, but a real concern over his physicality - can he really go another off season and be a regular starter?

I know captains don't strictly have to be starting week in and week out, but surely if you've got a large turnover in numbers - you want the captain on the pitch week in week out.

I don't think anyone did well last night, just some did a lot less poorly than others.

I just don't see how he's going to go one more season and lead a promotion charge. This season alone has shown his physical skills being much stronger at the start than it is now.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:04 - Apr 14 with 1046 viewsBluefish

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 08:57 - Apr 14 by Manchesterblue

Yeah, losing out to what looked like Jamie Peters on a shoulder barge,
he must be really happy we conceded straight after that,

Captain fantastic has disappeared.

"Holds hands to ears"

Player of the season by a distance from all of those capable of viewing objectively

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:09 - Apr 14 with 1031 viewsblueislander

You really do have a tilted view. Chambers has obvious weaknesses that the opposition have exploited whether he has played at full back or Centre back. He is vulnerable every time that an opponent runs at him. Whether we have three defenders better than him is open to question.

Will you recognize that the only player that carried a threat to Wimbledon last night was Edwards?
Login to get fewer ads

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:10 - Apr 14 with 1020 viewsBluefish

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:09 - Apr 14 by blueislander

You really do have a tilted view. Chambers has obvious weaknesses that the opposition have exploited whether he has played at full back or Centre back. He is vulnerable every time that an opponent runs at him. Whether we have three defenders better than him is open to question.

Will you recognize that the only player that carried a threat to Wimbledon last night was Edwards?

Top bantz

Decent effort that

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:12 - Apr 14 with 1002 viewsGuthrum

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:03 - Apr 14 by wkj

My main concern isn't with his captaincy, but a real concern over his physicality - can he really go another off season and be a regular starter?

I know captains don't strictly have to be starting week in and week out, but surely if you've got a large turnover in numbers - you want the captain on the pitch week in week out.

I don't think anyone did well last night, just some did a lot less poorly than others.

I just don't see how he's going to go one more season and lead a promotion charge. This season alone has shown his physical skills being much stronger at the start than it is now.

Agree entirely about his physicality. Especially if played at right back (I think he is the best fully-fit RB we have in the squad*). But only for that reason would I be seriously considering moving him out.

* KVY is crocked, Donacien out on loan, Woolfenden not effective enough in the role, Edwards can't defend, Matheson lacking in strength and experience.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:13 - Apr 14 with 998 viewsManchesterblue

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:09 - Apr 14 by blueislander

Correct, he has weakened year after year and teams know how to play him,
If he is the best we have, no wonder we are in this mess,
As Capt of this team he should be leading by example, didn't see any of that last night.

Proper Bloke though eh!

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:14 - Apr 14 with 988 viewsBseaBlue

Ultimately, he has been the most consistent part of one of the better defences in the league this season! I don't think it's fair that he shoulders the responsibility of all of the leadership on the pitch either. We have plenty of other experienced pros put there that should be shouldering more of the blame, considering the attacking side of the game isn't meant to be his remit.

I do think a fresh change is needed purely to adjust the whole culture at the club but for me, Chambo and James Wilson are the only two players to come out of this season with any credit. (Nsiala at a push)
I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:27 - Apr 14 with 928 viewsPrideOfTheEast

He was definitely one of the better players (again).

I think the point is more do we want a complete reset/refresh. If so, and this seems crude and perhaps unfair, is it better for him to move on.

None of us know the dynamic but I expect with a more professional setup he'd be valuable to us in some capacity but without being close to the day-to-day who knows, other than hopefully Cook and his team.
I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:29 - Apr 14 with 901 viewsArnieM

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 08:39 - Apr 14 by reusersfreekicks

Scapegoat material

Exactly!

It parallels Bristol City fans scapegoating Mark Ashton for their Club’s current levelling off. When maybe it’s actually their owners lack of ambition/ willingness to spend.

Chambers has been consistently available to his various managers to be picked . He’s remained fit and injury free. The same cannot be said of the numerous , so called “ stars” aka, Huws, KVY, Norwood etc etc etc.

Don’t blame the player for being picked to play for his team. Blame the 4/5 different managers he’s played under. Have they ALL been wrong?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:31 - Apr 14 with 899 viewsKieran_Knows

Laughable that people want Nsiala to stay over him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:34 - Apr 14 with 865 viewsSteve_M

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:31 - Apr 14 by Kieran_Knows

The worst bit of defending last night was Nsiala being drawn towards the ball for their third goal leaving the scorer unmarked.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:35 - Apr 14 with 859 viewsBluefish

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:34 - Apr 14 by Steve_M

The worst bit of defending last night was Nsiala being drawn towards the ball for their third goal leaving the scorer unmarked.

Worse than not challenging the free header or the free pass to their player from our box?

All the "edgy" fans drool over..... on 09:39 - Apr 14 with 838 viewsBloots

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:31 - Apr 14 by Kieran_Knows

...Nsiala and all the "cool" kids love Wolfenden.

When in reality every single manager has consistently played Chambo over both of them.

Whether he should get another year is up for debate, but he's currently our first choice (fit) defender.

As many have noted, there is always a desire amongst a lot of our fans to blame an individual rather than the "regime".

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:42 - Apr 14 with 809 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

We can 100% get better than Luke Chambers. He’s a lovely bloke, he’s an Ok league one centre half but considering the strikers we are playing against and the level he’s played at. It’s not like he’s having to defend against the worlds best.

I want to move on from Luke Chambers, that era is done and it’s been horrific.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

All the "edgy" fans drool over..... on 09:43 - Apr 14 with 806 viewsBluefish

All the "edgy" fans drool over..... on 09:39 - Apr 14 by Bloots

...Nsiala and all the "cool" kids love Wolfenden.

When in reality every single manager has consistently played Chambo over both of them.

Whether he should get another year is up for debate, but he's currently our first choice (fit) defender.

As many have noted, there is always a desire amongst a lot of our fans to blame an individual rather than the "regime".

When you say edgy you mean the really awkward ones that have never kicked a ball in their lives

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:43 - Apr 14 with 804 viewsjayessess

He was no better or worse than anyone else, really.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:44 - Apr 14 with 794 viewsbelgablue

Yup. Wilson and Chambers our best defenders. I’d be looking elsewhere before trying to ship either of those two out.

Wolfenden massively overrated.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Nsiala is fine if.... on 09:44 - Apr 14 with 787 viewsBloots

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:35 - Apr 14 by Bluefish

Worse than not challenging the free header or the free pass to their player from our box?

...he has to deal with nothing more than some headers, a few blocks, and average physicality.

He can't deal with anyone running at him and he lacks any anticipation.

His positional sense is terrible, decision making poor and he lacks concentration.

Most of his "highlights" come from him recovering his own mistakes.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Yeah, mainly.... on 09:45 - Apr 14 with 778 viewsBloots

All the "edgy" fans drool over..... on 09:43 - Apr 14 by Bluefish

When you say edgy you mean the really awkward ones that have never kicked a ball in their lives

....goths, nerds with glasses and virgins.

I thought Chambers did well again last night on 09:47 - Apr 14 with 761 viewsBlueStreak

Yeah I really enjoyed the two free headers from 6 yards out and the failure to make a challenge on the player in the lead up to the third goal. Against a team at the bottom of league one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024