Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season 12:04 - Apr 14 with 3197 viewshype313

Rotherham
Sheff Wed
Wycombe
Cheltenham
Cambridge Utd
Bolton

Not many hard hitters, Wednedsay could be a problem, but believe their ownership is a car crash, all the others shouldn't be too much of a threat.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:05 - Apr 14 with 2438 viewsWD19

That's because we are in division 3. There are 2 full divisions of better teams occupied elsewhere. Hard hitters such as Luton and Coventry.
Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:28 - Apr 14 with 2357 viewsSParnellx

Rotherham surely should be considered a threat though, right?

Always a strong team in this division
Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:33 - Apr 14 with 2329 viewscatch74

Can’t think of a team this season that a half decent side shouldn’t beat - Crewe looked fantastic first game to be fair. Look where Hull are and they are pants.
With those sides you mention it could be the teams that don’t get promoted that are more of an issue. Sunderland, new manager and I think money to spend, Cowleys at Pompey, Peterborough are a bogey team, Lincoln will go again, Oxford should regroup etc etc .
There is really no excuse next season though.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:35 - Apr 14 with 2322 viewsTractorCam

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:28 - Apr 14 by SParnellx

Yep, i'd certainly rather Coventry came down. Would be hilarious if Derby came down, albeit tougher (you'd think).

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:39 - Apr 14 with 2305 viewsSomethingBlue

It could be worse, rather not see a big name like Sheff Weds because there's always the danger they sort themselves out, but not a lot to be that scared of as things stand.

Partly depends who goes up from L1 this year though too — would like to get rid of Sunderland given their added financial firepower, they'd be a problem next season.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:42 - Apr 14 with 2273 viewsjayessess

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:35 - Apr 14 by TractorCam

Yep, i'd certainly rather Coventry came down. Would be hilarious if Derby came down, albeit tougher (you'd think).

It's the kind of team that a competently-run club with our resources should be able to blow out of the water quite easily though.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:43 - Apr 14 with 2260 viewsclive_baker

I don't think the league will be any harder than it was this season. Hopefully Sunderland go up as they'll have cash and be a force next season, but I don't fear Lincoln, Pompey, Blackpool particularly.

Peterborough, Hull and Sunderland up would be ideal.

I have a lot of confidence that Cook can get us going, I just hope the fans give him time and support.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:52 - Apr 14 with 2223 viewswkj

In all honesty, I would be more curious about Bolton and Cambridge. Cambridge are really playing some slick football this year, and they are well set for this league in my opinion.

There passing and movement is quite a joy.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 12:55]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:57 - Apr 14 with 2190 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Cheltenham are playing pretty good free-flowing football at the moment. Very good manager in Michael Duff, dangerous from set plays.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:59 - Apr 14 with 2186 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:57 - Apr 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

Cheltenham are playing pretty good free-flowing football at the moment. Very good manager in Michael Duff, dangerous from set plays.

That’s ok then because we’re brilliant at defending set plays 😫😫😫

Poll: Our final position

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 13:03 - Apr 14 with 2156 viewsBiGDonnie

Probably about as much threat as Wimbledon.... oh!

Roll on summer!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 13:14 - Apr 14 with 2096 viewsTractorCam

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:42 - Apr 14 by jayessess

It's the kind of team that a competently-run club with our resources should be able to blow out of the water quite easily though.

You could say that about every team in the league really.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 13:15 - Apr 14 with 2088 viewsPinewoodblue

Based on our recent performances you would expect at least half of them to finish above Town next season.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 13:16 - Apr 14 with 2075 viewsPJH

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:35 - Apr 14 by TractorCam

I am hoping that the current longest serving Championship side find a way out of that division at the lower end, as you say it would be hilarious.
Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 13:18 - Apr 14 with 2066 viewswkj

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 13:16 - Apr 14 by PJH

I am hoping that the current longest serving Championship side find a way out of that division at the lower end, as you say it would be hilarious.

Especially with Norwood's Dad as manager.

Crybaby

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 13:20 - Apr 14 with 2048 viewsPJH

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:42 - Apr 14 by jayessess

Yes I am expecting us to win every game next season by at least one touchdown.
Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 13:36 - Apr 14 with 1988 viewsBent_double

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:28 - Apr 14 by SParnellx

Agreed, If they keep their manager, they will surely be favourites for promotion.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 13:39 - Apr 14 with 1975 viewswkj

They have 3 games in hand and they on a win... I'm not so sure they'll drop

Crybaby

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 13:51 - Apr 14 with 1929 viewsGuthrum

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:57 - Apr 14 by Cheltenham_Blue

Rather looking forward to a match within walking distance of home!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 14:03 - Apr 14 with 1881 viewsPinewoodblue

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 13:51 - Apr 14 by Guthrum

Rather looking forward to a match within walking distance of home!

Will no doubt be a day for mixed feelings. While nice to be able to walk to a game diubtyou ever thought we would drop so far down for it to be possible.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 14:04 - Apr 14 with 1865 viewschrismakin

God have mercy on league 1 as we wont

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 14:06 - Apr 14 with 1858 viewsmonty_radio

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:33 - Apr 14 by catch74

Can’t think of a team this season that a half decent side shouldn’t beat - Crewe looked fantastic first game to be fair. Look where Hull are and they are pants.
With those sides you mention it could be the teams that don’t get promoted that are more of an issue. Sunderland, new manager and I think money to spend, Cowleys at Pompey, Peterborough are a bogey team, Lincoln will go again, Oxford should regroup etc etc .
There is really no excuse next season though.

While this is all true, when you go up deservedly via automatic promotion, then it's all about how good YOU are. In times when Town have stormed a league (not within too many of your memories, I grant) you end up not remembering who the also-rans were.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 14:07 - Apr 14 with 1857 viewsskinnybob72

Rotherham and Wycome finished comfortably above Town last season so it would be foolish to dismiss them next season.

The most important question for next season - will there be 4 teams worse than Town?

I would guess if the last 25 games had been from the start of the season Town would be pretty low down the table.
Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 14:11 - Apr 14 with 1839 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 12:52 - Apr 14 by wkj

In all honesty, I would be more curious about Bolton and Cambridge. Cambridge are really playing some slick football this year, and they are well set for this league in my opinion.

There passing and movement is quite a joy.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 12:55]

Cambridge rely heavily on Wes Hoolahan though and he only plays every other match, so i think they will struggle probably.

Rotherham will win the league next year if they keep the relegated squad(like they normally do) - the rest shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 14:15 - Apr 14 with 1824 viewsGuthrum

Looking at the potential 6 new teams to come in next season on 14:03 - Apr 14 by Pinewoodblue

Will no doubt be a day for mixed feelings. While nice to be able to walk to a game diubtyou ever thought we would drop so far down for it to be possible.

Making the best of a bad job!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024