Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. 13:30 - Apr 14 with 1715 viewsSwailsey

I think that's it.

A lot of work to be done, and I really don't know why things have become so bad under Cook, but he still has my backing 100%.

Interestingly, a lot of what he is saying is similar to Hurst's reaction after that cup loss early on. Maybe it was in the delivery or methods, but there was clearly something in it. PL came in, tried to be everyone's mate and failed completely.

A full shake up is needed and Cook should get at least until next January.

I truly wish the season could end now.

This summer will be out most important for 10+ years (haven't we said that before...).

Keep the faith.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 13:34 - Apr 14 with 1667 viewsSwailsey

I also realise this post has been made many times before by others. Soz.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 13:36 - Apr 14 with 1652 viewswkj

We're going to start needing to start seeing more from Wolf and Bishop as far as I see it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 15:53 - Apr 14 with 1542 viewsFunge

Not fussed about Wilson or Bishop, to be honest.

Woolf has been tut this season, but gets the benefit of the doubt as he was OK last season.

Agree with the rest.
Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 16:53 - Apr 14 with 1462 viewsstrikalite

I'd keep Lancaster, there is a player in there...somewhere..
Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 16:55 - Apr 14 with 1466 viewsPhilTWTD

Probably about that many, maybe even fewer the way it sounds. Downes and Dobra appear the only shoo-ins and on everyone's expected retained list. Nydam seems likely as well you would have thought.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 16:57 - Apr 14 with 1434 viewsDubtractor

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 16:55 - Apr 14 by PhilTWTD

Probably about that many, maybe even fewer the way it sounds. Downes and Dobra appear the only shoo-ins and on everyone's expected retained list. Nydam seems likely as well you would have thought.

What's your view on Cook's reign so far Phil?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 16:58 - Apr 14 with 1430 viewsDubtractor

I'd prob keep Dozzell too FWIW.

Also, not forgotten about our dinner date, work has been a bit hectic the last month.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 17:02 - Apr 14 with 1400 viewsPhilTWTD

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 16:57 - Apr 14 by Dubtractor

What's your view on Cook's reign so far Phil?

I don't think he can be judged particularly. Clearly the squad is much less capable than he anticipated and they've made little progress. Lack of time on the training ground hasn't helped on that front. He's trying to get something out of them over the games this season but I don't think his job can really be said to start until the summer, particularly now with the money coming in. Next season's the time to judge him on the field.

Off it, from a media perspective, he's been a breath of fresh air after certain other recent incumbents.
Login to get fewer ads

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 17:10 - Apr 14 with 1354 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 16:55 - Apr 14 by PhilTWTD

Phil do you know what's going on with Lankester? Is he injured or just not rated by Cook? Can see him leaving unfortunately
Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 17:16 - Apr 14 with 1319 viewsDubtractor

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 17:02 - Apr 14 by PhilTWTD

I don't think he can be judged particularly. Clearly the squad is much less capable than he anticipated and they've made little progress. Lack of time on the training ground hasn't helped on that front. He's trying to get something out of them over the games this season but I don't think his job can really be said to start until the summer, particularly now with the money coming in. Next season's the time to judge him on the field.

Off it, from a media perspective, he's been a breath of fresh air after certain other recent incumbents.

Largely my thoughts too. Though the last few weeks have been appalling on the pitch and he does have some responsibility for that. He was my first choice, and that remains the case. His record in the last decade is hard to argue with.

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 17:17 - Apr 14 with 1316 viewshappybeingblue

i think downes wolf kvy and dobra are already under contract as not on the list of out of contract players,i would give nydam a deal as been out so long seems harsh to let go at this point and thats it for me ,i dont get why town fans rate bish so high the game seems to pass him by he has very little effect for a central midfielder he has had plenty of time and chances to prove himself in the last 7 seasons plus his fitness is always a concern,if you cant cut it at lge 1 level not sure what i am missing tbh?time for fresh faces at itfc.
Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 17:33 - Apr 14 with 1269 viewsGarv

The impression I got from Lambert in the early days is what you suggest, that he was being that 'arm round the shoulder'. I get the feeling that slowly faded when he realized the squad was crap.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 17:42 - Apr 14 with 1225 viewsjayessess

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 17:17 - Apr 14 by happybeingblue

i think downes wolf kvy and dobra are already under contract as not on the list of out of contract players,i would give nydam a deal as been out so long seems harsh to let go at this point and thats it for me ,i dont get why town fans rate bish so high the game seems to pass him by he has very little effect for a central midfielder he has had plenty of time and chances to prove himself in the last 7 seasons plus his fitness is always a concern,if you cant cut it at lge 1 level not sure what i am missing tbh?time for fresh faces at itfc.

I'm not against Bishop getting an extension if Cook thinks he can coach him into upping his impact, but it's bizarre to me that he's higher up than Dozzell on so many lists, especially considering their relative ages.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 17:55 - Apr 14 with 1184 viewstractordownsouth

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 17:02 - Apr 14 by PhilTWTD

Was Hurst an arsehole around you as well as the players then?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 18:06 - Apr 14 with 1141 viewschrismakin

I think people are going to lose their faves

Wolfy dozzell. Bishop. Chambers. Etc I can see all leaving. Obv with andre he is under contract but i can see us on the phone to his agent to get him a move out.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 18:06 - Apr 14 with 1141 viewspointofblue

I will feel for Woolfenden if they sell him on or drop him to the under 23s - I think team selections have thrown him under a bus this year.

Everyone else bar Dobra, Downes and Nydam... I’d be disappointed but would understand, even with Bishop and Dozzell. I think the senior players have been the ones to really let the club down though, and their thoughts and actions would affect the youngsters.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 18:20 - Apr 14 with 1079 viewsjayessess

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 18:06 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

I think people are going to lose their faves

Wolfy dozzell. Bishop. Chambers. Etc I can see all leaving. Obv with andre he is under contract but i can see us on the phone to his agent to get him a move out.

Post-Bristol Rovers Cook said Dozzell's "a smashing young player, he's going to be a very good player". Might have changed his mind since then or just been trying to give him an ego boost, but doesn't sound like he'd be that anxious to get him gone any time soon.

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 18:22 - Apr 14 with 1068 viewschrismakin

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 18:20 - Apr 14 by jayessess

Post-Bristol Rovers Cook said Dozzell's "a smashing young player, he's going to be a very good player". Might have changed his mind since then or just been trying to give him an ego boost, but doesn't sound like he'd be that anxious to get him gone any time soon.

I just dont see where andre fits in PCs 4 2 3 1 going forwards but you maybe right I just wouldnt be surprised if he did leave without any fight from PC to keep hold of him.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 18:33 - Apr 14 with 1031 viewsjayessess

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 18:22 - Apr 14 by chrismakin

I just dont see where andre fits in PCs 4 2 3 1 going forwards but you maybe right I just wouldnt be surprised if he did leave without any fight from PC to keep hold of him.

In the 2 surely? A ball-winner and a ball-player, one's good at tackling, the other at interceptions. One drives forward with the ball, the other passes between the lines. It isn't everything we'll want for those positions, but it's balanced enough and likely to continue improving.

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 18:39 - Apr 14 with 1014 viewschrismakin

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 18:33 - Apr 14 by jayessess

In the 2 surely? A ball-winner and a ball-player, one's good at tackling, the other at interceptions. One drives forward with the ball, the other passes between the lines. It isn't everything we'll want for those positions, but it's balanced enough and likely to continue improving.

Not sure tbh. Most of his interceptions are made after hes lost the ball to begin with. His passing is weak ( by that I mean underhit an awful lot. But can on occasion play a worldy. Hes always on the turn backwards and hes sloppy with free kicks etc

Will be interesting to see how he does over the summer and I'd be happy to see him stay as he still has years ahead and this is only his first real senior year of full football. Just depends if PC has the patience
[Post edited 14 Apr 2021 18:40]

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 18:41 - Apr 14 with 997 viewsPhilTWTD

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 17:55 - Apr 14 by tractordownsouth

Was Hurst an arsehole around you as well as the players then?

Hurst was fine with us. A bit long-winded, but can make no complaints about the way he treated the media.
Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 18:42 - Apr 14 with 991 viewsPhilTWTD

Cook in. Downes in. Wolfie in. Nydam in. Bishop in. KVY in. Wilson in. Dobs in. on 17:10 - Apr 14 by abracaDOBRA_

Phil do you know what's going on with Lankester? Is he injured or just not rated by Cook? Can see him leaving unfortunately

I think he had a knock a couple of weeks back but think he's over it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024