Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many Town shirts do you own? 16:58 - Apr 14 with 3078 viewsdominiciawful

Replica ones, "retro" replica ones, match-worn/signed ones...

I believe I have six.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

How many Town shirts do you own? on 17:23 - Apr 14 with 2829 viewsTractorCam

I have quite a lot from 2003 onwards, all tucked away somewhere i can't see them! A few retros too.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

How many Town shirts do you own? on 17:37 - Apr 14 with 2810 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

How many Town shirts do you own? on 17:57 - Apr 14 with 2787 viewsSwansea_Blue

How many Town shirts do you own? on 17:37 - Apr 14 by BryanPlug

Not even ones you lend your lady* friends to, ahem, 'model' David Mellor style?

I've probably owned about 15-20. I think I've only got 3 left, I use them as decorating or dirty job gardening shirts.

*or man or animal friends, we're a liberal country these days.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How many Town shirts do you own? on 19:00 - Apr 14 with 2745 viewsazuremerlangus

About a dozen over the years but only half of those are still lurking in the wardrobe somewhere.

One shirt I regret not keeping is the France Euro ‘84 style one - with Radio Orwell as the sponsors. Loved that kit.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

How many Town shirts do you own? on 19:05 - Apr 14 with 2739 viewsBluespeed225

2. Brian Talbots, 78, and Warks 81 home leg). Seen some crackers come up on eBay, an 81-84 3rd shirt. Had been used in 82’, then re-purposed for Radio Orwell sponsorship. Number 2, so Burleys probably? Some 80’s replicas are going for silly money!
How many Town shirts do you own? on 19:14 - Apr 14 with 2692 viewsWD19

I have owned 6 replica kits I think.

My parents threw out my 2 favourite ones (the one with the laces and the tangerine Div2 champions one) and I had one nicked (the txuenergi one that was the wrong colour).

Which leaves me with 3 (orange and black powergen, current home one and a powergen home kit signed by the team).
How many Town shirts do you own? on 19:23 - Apr 14 with 2672 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Town shirts do you own? on 19:05 - Apr 14 by Bluespeed225

2. Brian Talbots, 78, and Warks 81 home leg). Seen some crackers come up on eBay, an 81-84 3rd shirt. Had been used in 82’, then re-purposed for Radio Orwell sponsorship. Number 2, so Burleys probably? Some 80’s replicas are going for silly money!

Some of the 90's shirts are going for over the odds as well. I just paid £76 a couple of minutes ago for the 98/2000 orange away shirt. Not signed. Not match worn.

There is a Mick Mills match worn 1982 away shirt on ebay for £800. I think it went for £200 a couple of weeks ago and the buyer is selling it at a massive mark up already.

In answer to the op. I have a replica/original of every home shirt from our formation up to 2021. Now working my way through the away shirts.

My pride and joy is an original 1981/82 away shirt signed by the treble chasing squad plus SBR and Bobby Fergusson.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How many Town shirts do you own? on 19:23 - Apr 14 with 2678 viewsBlueandTruesince82

1. Says powergen on it.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

How many Town shirts do you own? on 19:25 - Apr 14 with 2671 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

How many Town shirts do you own? on 17:37 - Apr 14 by BryanPlug

This.

Sold them all on Ebay as I realised one day they were a) worthless and b) made me look like a tit.

Sold the Black EON last (with the optional 3 stars lol)
How many Town shirts do you own? on 19:25 - Apr 14 with 2665 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Town shirts do you own? on 19:14 - Apr 14 by WD19

I have owned 6 replica kits I think.

My parents threw out my 2 favourite ones (the one with the laces and the tangerine Div2 champions one) and I had one nicked (the txuenergi one that was the wrong colour).

Which leaves me with 3 (orange and black powergen, current home one and a powergen home kit signed by the team).

Your laces shirt would get you about 80 quid. The orange away shirt can go for up to £125 in very good condition.

Iron Lion Zion

How many Town shirts do you own? on 21:10 - Apr 14 with 2610 viewsBluespeed225

How many Town shirts do you own? on 19:23 - Apr 14 by GlasgowBlue

Some of the 90's shirts are going for over the odds as well. I just paid £76 a couple of minutes ago for the 98/2000 orange away shirt. Not signed. Not match worn.

There is a Mick Mills match worn 1982 away shirt on ebay for £800. I think it went for £200 a couple of weeks ago and the buyer is selling it at a massive mark up already.

In answer to the op. I have a replica/original of every home shirt from our formation up to 2021. Now working my way through the away shirts.

My pride and joy is an original 1981/82 away shirt signed by the treble chasing squad plus SBR and Bobby Fergusson.

Saw that Mills one, £200 was a good price! My Talbot and Wark are framed and up in the spare bedroom. Above my bed when I was single, but the wife didn’t fancy then in the marital boudoir! I did lend them to the club for a while, they languished in Pat Godbolds memorabilia cupboard under the Co-op stand. Not her fault, but they never left it, even though I spotted a great space in the SBR suite while I was laying there giving blood. A couple of years ago I asked her for them back as I feared Evans might sell them!
How many Town shirts do you own? on 21:29 - Apr 14 with 2582 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Town shirts do you own? on 21:10 - Apr 14 by Bluespeed225

Saw that Mills one, £200 was a good price! My Talbot and Wark are framed and up in the spare bedroom. Above my bed when I was single, but the wife didn’t fancy then in the marital boudoir! I did lend them to the club for a while, they languished in Pat Godbolds memorabilia cupboard under the Co-op stand. Not her fault, but they never left it, even though I spotted a great space in the SBR suite while I was laying there giving blood. A couple of years ago I asked her for them back as I feared Evans might sell them!

Wise move getting them back.

Iron Lion Zion

How many Town shirts do you own? on 21:30 - Apr 14 with 2585 viewsstonojnr

How many Town shirts do you own? on 19:25 - Apr 14 by GlasgowBlue

Your laces shirt would get you about 80 quid. The orange away shirt can go for up to £125 in very good condition.

howcome ? I get how shirts with match or player pedigree attached to them might be worth a few bob to a collector. But the orange and black powergen one is worth £125 ? !!!

Ive probably got about 15 of them, various vintages, cant believe people are paying over 100 for some of them, over 60 for the tractor print umbro one alone, sheesh, and why are they all from Russia/Ukraine anyway?
How many Town shirts do you own? on 21:33 - Apr 14 with 2572 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Town shirts do you own? on 21:30 - Apr 14 by stonojnr

howcome ? I get how shirts with match or player pedigree attached to them might be worth a few bob to a collector. But the orange and black powergen one is worth £125 ? !!!

Ive probably got about 15 of them, various vintages, cant believe people are paying over 100 for some of them, over 60 for the tractor print umbro one alone, sheesh, and why are they all from Russia/Ukraine anyway?

He said the Div 2 champions orange away shirt which was 1992 and Fisons sponsored. You can pick up the orange and black powerful shirt for twenty five quid.

Iron Lion Zion

How many Town shirts do you own? on 22:09 - Apr 14 with 2547 viewsMeadowlark

None.
How many Town shirts do you own? on 23:56 - Apr 14 with 2497 viewsFreddies_Ears

That is a decent collection!

I hadn't realised there's a market for this kind of thing - off to the spare room to dig out some 2000s signed goalkeeper shirts!
How many Town shirts do you own? on 08:31 - Apr 15 with 2397 viewsTractorgirlforever

I think at least 15 shirts over the years. My oldest one being the adidas white away shirt from i believe 1980?
How many Town shirts do you own? on 08:35 - Apr 15 with 2388 viewsDanTheMan

Three I think, first one I used to use when I was playing 5 a side and imagine it's in a drawer somewhere.

Other two are the Barca style away kit we had that one year and I've got this years home kit.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

How many Town shirts do you own? on 08:57 - Apr 15 with 2372 viewsBathBlue

Was this through eBay or one of the retro shirt websites? I’ve got that 98/2000 orange shirt signed by the whole squad and would definitely sell if I can get a decent amount for it as moving abroad in the summer and need to get rid of clutter!
How many Town shirts do you own? on 09:06 - Apr 15 with 2359 viewsitfcjoe

Probably the best part of a hundred....!

Everything home and away back to 89, plus some rare 3rd shirts, a couple from before then and a dozen or so GK shirts

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How many Town shirts do you own? on 09:06 - Apr 15 with 2355 views66notout

I have Mick Mills’ match-worn shirt from the mid-70s that I might sell. Also signed by the great man. Any idea what it might be worth?
How many Town shirts do you own? on 10:13 - Apr 15 with 2312 viewsTrumptonBlue

None. I had about a dozen, dating back to the 1980s, but sold them all on ebay before Christmas for a total of £700. I was pretty pleased with that, but certainly didn't get some of the prices mentioned on here.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 10:13]
How many Town shirts do you own? on 11:25 - Apr 15 with 2264 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Town shirts do you own? on 09:06 - Apr 15 by 66notout

I have Mick Mills’ match-worn shirt from the mid-70s that I might sell. Also signed by the great man. Any idea what it might be worth?

Several few hundred quid if you can get it authenticated.

Iron Lion Zion

How many Town shirts do you own? on 11:47 - Apr 15 with 2229 viewsTractorWood

Just dribs and drabs I pick up in sales. Some match prepared and match worn when they come up in kit room sales. A few from when I was a bit younger.

Maybe 20 or so. I found the punch 97-99 the other day. It's like wearing a quilt.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 11:49]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

How many Town shirts do you own? on 13:26 - Apr 15 with 2185 viewsBeyriey

Around 12 Town shirts.

Have a few rare ones that I managed to pick-up, as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024