Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bent Coppers 19:17 - Apr 14 with 735 viewsHARRY10

this should be interesting

BBC2 9pm tonight

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/08/bent-coppers-series-look-at-top-
Bent Coppers on 22:03 - Apr 14 with 621 viewsHARRY10

anyone surprised by that ?
Bent Coppers on 08:24 - Apr 15 with 526 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It was v good. Would reccomened giving it a watch

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Bent Coppers on 09:30 - Apr 15 with 482 viewsHARRY10

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000v4h4

there's two more episodes to come
Bent Coppers on 10:03 - Apr 15 with 445 viewsWeWereZombies

Phew...phew, Bobby McFlew, Cuthbert, dib in and graft...No wonder there were riots in Trumpton.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Bent Coppers on 10:42 - Apr 15 with 432 viewsBrentwoodBlagger2

Bent Coppers on 08:24 - Apr 15 by BlueandTruesince82

I thought it was dull historical rubbish that has been covered by World in Action and Panorama numerous times before. Different times when some Police and criminals crossed each others line. The 'huge' and expensive anti-corruption Operation Countryman soon after this netted a massive 2 convictions.
Bent Coppers on 10:51 - Apr 15 with 408 viewsWD19

Bent Coppers on 08:24 - Apr 15 by BlueandTruesince82

I thought it was decent, but very slow. They have really strung it out to fill 3 episodes. Could probably have crammed nearly all 3 into 1 hour based on what I saw last night!

Crazy that everything in the programme happened 50 (Fifty) years ago. Makes me feel old.
Bent Coppers on 10:59 - Apr 15 with 398 viewsHARRY10

Bent Coppers on 10:42 - Apr 15 by BrentwoodBlagger2

I thought it was dull historical rubbish that has been covered by World in Action and Panorama numerous times before. Different times when some Police and criminals crossed each others line. The 'huge' and expensive anti-corruption Operation Countryman soon after this netted a massive 2 convictions.

Criminals crossed the line ?

Did they become coppers ?

otherwise

"eight police officers being prosecuted, though none was convicted"

"over 250 police officers were forced to resign and many faced criminal charges after investigations revealed that police membership of particular [Masonic] lodges formed the nucleus of a criminal conspiracy."

"Operation Countryman faced major obstruction from both senior management and the lower ranks of the police. Much of the investigation's evidence was obtained by police officers going undercover as police officers. "

Your comment on the cost suggests that should be the determining factor, rather than any wrong doing.

A most disturbing thought.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024