Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth 19:47 - Apr 14 with 2145 viewsGlasgowBlue

Marcus Evans has allowed a culture of cosiness at the club.

Underperforming managers have been given far too much time. Journeymen have been allowed to use our club as their last decent payday. Players are allowed to do "just enough" to give the fans some hope of promotion whilst accepting in their own minds that they would be better off just missing out and playing at their current level.

The players didn't down tools in the last days of Lambert. Him and Evans were their meal ticket. They know that Cook will clear most of them out this summer and appear to have given up. They know they have no future at Ipswich and no longer give a toss. The are going through the motions until the season ends.

The majority are a bunch of w@nkers and the sooner the clear out starts the better.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 19:49 - Apr 14 with 2104 viewsMattinLondon

Don’t think the clear-out can start any sooner as there’s probably an end date in their contracts.
Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 19:51 - Apr 14 with 2070 viewstextbackup

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 19:49 - Apr 14 by MattinLondon

Don’t think the clear-out can start any sooner as there’s probably an end date in their contracts.

Put poison in their food?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 19:52 - Apr 14 with 2069 viewstextbackup

I’d love to see them left out of the squad altogether.
Made to sit on the bench in u23’s

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 20:01 - Apr 14 with 2021 viewsDurovigutum

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 19:52 - Apr 14 by textbackup

Note that Lambert did that, to enormous criticism on here.
Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 20:07 - Apr 14 with 1986 viewsbazza

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 19:51 - Apr 14 by textbackup

😂😂
Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 20:15 - Apr 14 with 1921 viewsJ2BLUE

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 19:49 - Apr 14 by MattinLondon

Of course it can.

"we're not releasing you, we're going to pay you until your contract expires but f##k off and don't come back"

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 20:37 - Apr 14 with 1836 viewsArnieM

OP: Spot on and have been saying exactly those sentiments since the take over was announced.

Town players are a Bunch of tossas the lot of them.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 20:48 - Apr 14 with 1770 viewsChurchman

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 19:51 - Apr 14 by textbackup

How about laxatives? That should promote them higher up on the EFL show on entertainment value and demonstrate exactly what they are.
Login to get fewer ads

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 21:06 - Apr 14 with 1709 viewsBrianTablet

Any chance that your last paragraph might become the club motto?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 21:27 - Apr 14 with 1635 viewsistanblue

Me, and a few others, have been saying this for years. Evans was the cancer that allowed standards to drop year after year. Obviously that percolated downwards onto the management and coaching staff, and then onto the players. Most fans though I'm afraid lapped up the Evans PR sh*t season after season.
The good news however is that we now have an ownership and management structure that won't tolerate failure and mediocrity.
Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 22:01 - Apr 14 with 1548 viewsghostofescobar

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 19:52 - Apr 14 by textbackup

No, no, no. Get the really bad ones to tidy up the stadium, do a bit of painting and weeding. Thing is, if we do that with the really bad ones, that would just leave Downes on his own on the pitch.

GhostOfEscobar

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 22:12 - Apr 14 with 1489 viewsBlueBadger

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 20:01 - Apr 14 by Durovigutum

He was sh1t at everything else, it was probably a fair assumption that he was wrong about that too.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 22:18 - Apr 14 with 1467 viewsGarv

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 20:01 - Apr 14 by Durovigutum

Incredible how fans can say all manner of things about players and claim they should rot in the ressies etc, and as soon as the manager agrees it's bad management.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 07:12 - Apr 15 with 1263 viewsBlueBadger

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 22:18 - Apr 14 by Garv

Incredible how fans can say all manner of things about players and claim they should rot in the ressies etc, and as soon as the manager agrees it's bad management.

It was Lambert in charge though. He was the one that ultimately built the current culture of apathy, arrogance and laziness.

Regardless of what he did in response, he was managing them badly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 08:24 - Apr 15 with 1144 viewsIpswichKnight

I’d bring the 2 Amur Tigers from Colchester Zoo and let them loose during training that should help eliminate a few of the wibbering weasels that inhabit our squad.
Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 08:47 - Apr 15 with 1090 viewsGlasgowBlue

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 07:12 - Apr 15 by BlueBadger

It was Lambert in charge though. He was the one that ultimately built the current culture of apathy, arrogance and laziness.

Regardless of what he did in response, he was managing them badly.

This culture has been ingrained long before Lambert’s time in charge.

Wellens: Town Players Don't Care 29th Oct 2012 09:08
Loan midfielder Richie Wellens laid into Town’s permanent signings after Saturday’s dismal defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, claiming he and his fellow temporary signings are the only ones who care. Caretaker-manager Chris Hutchings similarly pointed the finger at players in his post-match press conference after the game. 139

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 09:17 - Apr 15 with 1021 viewsChurchman

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 08:47 - Apr 15 by GlasgowBlue

Loan midfielder Richie Wellens laid into Town’s permanent signings after Saturday’s dismal defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, claiming he and his fellow temporary signings are the only ones who care. Caretaker-manager Chris Hutchings similarly pointed the finger at players in his post-match press conference after the game. 139

Interesting read, nine years on. It shows just how deep seated the problems at ITFC are.

I don’t care if the the owners are the seven horsemen of the apocalypse and the CEO Ghenghis Khan is disguise. A lot has to change at this football club and fast. In a sense, it’s good that Cook can’t do anything about the wasters wearing shirts on the pitch because the club itself really needs restructuring first.

In a week, the new owners have installed a new Chairman, a CEO, committed themselves to the manager, the chairman and owners have actually spoken (felt odd after faceless Evans’ silence, barring a few lies to scrawning a few more season tickets) and hopefully much more behind the scenes. Stuff is happening!

Because the team is the worst in the clubs professional history, I am trying to ignore the desperate on field performances. As somebody pointed out, the end of the season can’t come fast enough, but I hope and suspect this time is being used wisely.
Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 09:23 - Apr 15 with 997 viewsclive_baker

Quite right Glassers.

For me anyone who isn't a) contracted here for next season or b) likely to be taking their option shouldn't be involved from here on.

The message has to be 'show me you're my team for next season' to these lads, and at least the Nydam's and Gibbs' of the world have something to prove. The worst that can happen is we lose a few games, it's all good experience and learning. We're not winning games as it is so I don't see what we have to lose. I don't want to see these loanees and the likes of Sears in the squad anymore, there's no value in it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 10:33 - Apr 15 with 903 viewsBlueBadger

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 08:47 - Apr 15 by GlasgowBlue

Like everything under him though, it exacerbated.

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 11:33 - Apr 15 with 831 viewsKitman

Been away for a couple of days so I'll now give my tuppence worth on 21:27 - Apr 14 by istanblue

Me, and a few others, have been saying this for years. Evans was the cancer that allowed standards to drop year after year. Obviously that percolated downwards onto the management and coaching staff, and then onto the players. Most fans though I'm afraid lapped up the Evans PR sh*t season after season.
The good news however is that we now have an ownership and management structure that won't tolerate failure and mediocrity.

I second that. I worked for a Yank owned form for 7 years. All sweetness and honey if things going well but woe betide anyone who then underperforms...

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024