Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. 08:03 - Apr 15 with 542 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If it is a footprint how come it appears to be a foot?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/dinosaur-yorkshire-jurassic-fossil-fo
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 8:12]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. on 08:12 - Apr 15 with 491 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's a cast of a footprint innit. Either that or some root ginger.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. on 08:42 - Apr 15 with 472 viewsGuthrum

A footprint seen from below, i.e. from effectively within the (now removed) material into which the foot was pressed, looking "up" at the stuff which filled and preserved it.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. on 08:50 - Apr 15 with 446 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. on 08:12 - Apr 15 by Swansea_Blue

It's a cast of a footprint innit. Either that or some root ginger.

But how can an infilled print show the tops of the toes?

Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. on 08:52 - Apr 15 with 442 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. on 08:42 - Apr 15 by Guthrum

A footprint seen from below, i.e. from effectively within the (now removed) material into which the foot was pressed, looking "up" at the stuff which filled and preserved it.

...same reply, you can even see the curve of the claws as if seen from above.

Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. on 08:57 - Apr 15 with 430 viewsKropotkin123

Found in Yorkshire... Surely just MM out for an evening stroll*

*Just for laughs

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. on 09:02 - Apr 15 with 407 viewsPendejo

Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. on 08:57 - Apr 15 by Kropotkin123

Found in Yorkshire... Surely just MM out for an evening stroll*

*Just for laughs

Hand in hand with Colin?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. on 09:05 - Apr 15 with 406 viewsWacko

https://www.nps.gov/dena/learn/nature/making-dino-prints.htm

I imagine the curve comes from the soil erosion, and this resembles the curve of the claws
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 9:09]

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. on 09:11 - Apr 15 with 390 viewsGuthrum

Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. on 08:52 - Apr 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

...same reply, you can even see the curve of the claws as if seen from above.

Or from below. Difficult to tell the precise optics from that photo.

Think of the moon crater effect, where the shadows can make it look as mich like a field of small domes than indentations.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. on 09:48 - Apr 15 with 356 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Dinosaur footprint....a question for the hive mind. on 09:11 - Apr 15 by Guthrum

Or from below. Difficult to tell the precise optics from that photo.

Think of the moon crater effect, where the shadows can make it look as mich like a field of small domes than indentations.

It must just be my small dinosaur brain but if my footprint was fossilised I wouldn't expect to see my toenails.
The curve of that foot and looks very like a view from above to me.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 9:50]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024