Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... 09:01 - Apr 15 with 2297 views66notout

Wellens: Town Players Don't Care 29th Oct 2012 09:08
Loan midfielder Richie Wellens laid into Town’s permanent signings after Saturday’s dismal defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, claiming he and his fellow temporary signings are the only ones who care. Caretaker-manager Chris Hutchings similarly pointed the finger at players in his post-match press conference after the game. 139

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 09:15 - Apr 15 with 2196 viewsJuggsy

This is the culmination of years of absolute rot under Evans.

Club needs fully gutting and rebuilding.
Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 09:20 - Apr 15 with 2157 viewsSteve_M

People keep sharing this as if it's a startling point and there is a linear continuity between then and now in terms of players attitudes; there isn't because Evans actually got something right in November 2012.

Yes, there are parallels and it is a demonstration that Evans' ownership approach could only work with a strong, competent first team manager in place but McCarthy changed the culture of that playing squad very quickly only for Hurst and Lambert to let it go to pieces again after he left.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 09:49 - Apr 15 with 2012 viewsshady

In 2009 Shane Supple left citing similar concerns;
as in players not wanting to reach the play-offs
because they'd already booked their holidays.
Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 09:53 - Apr 15 with 1989 viewsMullet

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 09:20 - Apr 15 by Steve_M

People keep sharing this as if it's a startling point and there is a linear continuity between then and now in terms of players attitudes; there isn't because Evans actually got something right in November 2012.

Yes, there are parallels and it is a demonstration that Evans' ownership approach could only work with a strong, competent first team manager in place but McCarthy changed the culture of that playing squad very quickly only for Hurst and Lambert to let it go to pieces again after he left.

Quite. It's bizarre as is the continued BCWYWF stuff celebrating this massive decline leading to the takeover.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 10:04 - Apr 15 with 1931 viewsHARRY10

It's the nature of the players we recruit.

Those with the determination and commitment, in general, don't come here.

Hence their being freebies.
Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 10:34 - Apr 15 with 1823 viewsSteve_M

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 10:04 - Apr 15 by HARRY10

That really isn't how things work.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 10:59 - Apr 15 with 1753 viewsKeaneish

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 10:04 - Apr 15 by HARRY10

I'd argue any player worth their salt wants to win and has desire to be the best they can whether they're free or not.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 11:24 - Apr 15 with 1668 viewsghostofescobar

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 09:20 - Apr 15 by Steve_M

I think it’s more that Evans ownership approach got lucky, once. No manager sat within Evans approach, structure, philosophy, way or working, whatever you want to call it, because he never had any of these. Because of Evans the club has lurched, from top to bottom, on the pitch and off, from one poorly thought through decision to another, McCarthy aside.

GhostOfEscobar

Login to get fewer ads

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 11:55 - Apr 15 with 1599 viewsHerbivore

I really don't see the relevance. I think Luke Chambers is the only player at the club now who was at the club then and I doubt Wellens or Cook are specifically referencing him when talking about players not caring enough.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 12:03 - Apr 15 with 1560 viewstextbackup

We’ve gone full circle, we left that behind for a period of time when MM was here.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 12:13 - Apr 15 with 1520 viewsHerbivore

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 12:03 - Apr 15 by textbackup

We’ve gone full circle, we left that behind for a period of time when MM was here.

We really have gone full circle, we've got a scouser called Paul in charge, 6 loanees, and numerous players out of contract in the summer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 12:46 - Apr 15 with 1411 viewsArnieM

I used to have youth team / reserve players lodge with me years ago . I can tell you that they are institutionally egotistical gits, who think they are owed a living , and carry the attitude of "dont you know who I am ??" . Most couldn't give a shyte and feel they are above the normal population in terms of rewards to effort.

I can also say that KD did actual say those very words "don't you know who I am" , when he was involved in a minor RTC with a friend of mine years ago.

Professional footballers are thick , egotistical and believe they are some kind of special case in life. Just my personal experience you understand …..

Let the down arrows commence ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 14:33 - Apr 15 with 1184 viewslongtimefan

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 12:46 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

I used to have youth team / reserve players lodge with me years ago . I can tell you that they are institutionally egotistical gits, who think they are owed a living , and carry the attitude of "dont you know who I am ??" . Most couldn't give a shyte and feel they are above the normal population in terms of rewards to effort.

I can also say that KD did actual say those very words "don't you know who I am" , when he was involved in a minor RTC with a friend of mine years ago.

Professional footballers are thick , egotistical and believe they are some kind of special case in life. Just my personal experience you understand …..

Likewise, my Mum witnessed Richard Wright uttering those exact words in a shop in town when not getting what he wanted immediately.
Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 14:36 - Apr 15 with 1163 viewshype313

I worked in a bar in town many years ago and a player tried to get in and it was full, and the words "Don't you know who I am" were muttered, my manager, an Aussie (who had no interest in football) just said "Yes, you're a c***"

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 14:37 - Apr 15 with 1156 viewschrismakin

I actually think academies are the problem across the uk with this. They are filled with 'talented kids' who let's be honest maybe have a few who will actually make it. Where as the others believe they will. Have baller on their profiles and look at when they will buy their Bentley.

It cant help when you have 15 year olds being nicked for millions. Parents getting offered new houses etc etc.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 14:40 - Apr 15 with 1134 viewschrismakin

Richie Wellens had it right nine years ago... on 14:36 - Apr 15 by hype313

I worked in a bar in town many years ago and a player tried to get in and it was full, and the words "Don't you know who I am" were muttered, my manager, an Aussie (who had no interest in football) just said "Yes, you're a c***"

Dont know what hes like now. But when he came onto the scene he was diabolical.

Came across him in many bars. Bookies etc and he treated the place like it owed him thanks for being there.

Hopefully hes got that well out of his system if hes bringing up youngsters today. ( dyer I was speaking about. Sorry meant to reply to another post on this thread)
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 14:41]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024