Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around 09:18 - Apr 15 with 1009 viewsFixed_It

I note that Mark Ashton previously worked with Gary Megson at WBA...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 09:20 - Apr 15 with 995 viewsWD19

Ashton also hired Pearson and they get on very well apparently.

...and in completely unrelated news Ashton only gave him a contract until he end of the season at Bristol....
I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 09:25 - Apr 15 with 953 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Reading the EADT article there seems to be a correlation between the clubs where Ashton has done well (WBA and Oxford) and him working with Mike O'Leary. Perhaps he needs that steading hand to get the best out of him?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 09:36 - Apr 15 with 904 viewsCoastalblue

I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 09:25 - Apr 15 by Charlie_pl_baxter

Reading the EADT article there seems to be a correlation between the clubs where Ashton has done well (WBA and Oxford) and him working with Mike O'Leary. Perhaps he needs that steading hand to get the best out of him?

Listening to that KOA pod with the Brizzle guy, sounds like on balance he's done pretty well there, just he's not the sort of character that supporters warm to.

Everybody loves the CEO's here though and sees full value in all they do so that won't be an issue :)

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 15:12 - Apr 15 with 757 viewsArnieM

The thing I noted from eadt article on Ashton, was that he didn’t recruit Paul Cook for the recently vacant Bristol job! But he didn’t recruit Lee Johnson, prior to the recent vacancy and they did work very well together.

So, given all that perhaps the pressure might be on PC to perform from the off, under the new ownership next season, or Ashton might well fire that gun and recruit someone else....like Lee Johnson perhaps?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 15:13 - Apr 15 with 753 viewshype313

I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 15:12 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

The thing I noted from eadt article on Ashton, was that he didn’t recruit Paul Cook for the recently vacant Bristol job! But he didn’t recruit Lee Johnson, prior to the recent vacancy and they did work very well together.

So, given all that perhaps the pressure might be on PC to perform from the off, under the new ownership next season, or Ashton might well fire that gun and recruit someone else....like Lee Johnson perhaps?

Didn't Cook turn it down as it was only a short term gig?

I maybe wrong.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 15:13 - Apr 15 with 751 viewschrismakin

I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 15:12 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

I think he offered PC a 6 month deal which PC didnt want. Similar to what cardiff offered

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 16:47 - Apr 15 with 652 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 09:20 - Apr 15 by WD19

...and in completely unrelated news Ashton only gave him a contract until he end of the season at Bristol....

Quality def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 16:50 - Apr 15 with 641 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 09:20 - Apr 15 by WD19

These kind of rumours tend to take off quickly on here so let's shoot it down before it gets going.

Due to the pandemic Lansdown (BC owner) chose to bring in a short term appointment to get to the end of the season and reassess. Pearson and Ashton get on well but so do Pearson and Lansdown. Everything suggests that his deal will be extended when they meet face to face for the first time.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 21:09 - Apr 15 with 474 viewsArnieM

I'm sure we all hope (and expect) Cook to turn things around on 15:13 - Apr 15 by hype313

Didn't Cook turn it down as it was only a short term gig?

I maybe wrong.

Oh you maybe right ..... now surely BOTH men would have been aware of Towns take over talks or be aware of it . Both might have been approached at some time around that time , do you think ? Good “ cover “ to go for a job knowing the CEO and you were ITFCbound lol ( not likely I know but it’s amusing to surmise that )

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024