Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brett Johnson already looking at another club? 09:56 - Apr 15 with 2096 viewsMullet

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/brett-johnson-new-takeover-bid-7899954

EADT are running with this, but it does seem plausible. They'd have fingers in pies across the globe in places where growth and development are possible.

Interesting to see how big of a web we become part of potentially.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 09:59 - Apr 15 with 2031 viewsSomethingBlue

It's definitely true, the Australian reports along those lines a couple of days ago were legit and Gardner has been liking them on Twitter etc etc. Sounds as if they're pretty likely to pull it off. What they're doing looks very convincing and it's pretty exciting that we're at the heart of it, whether formally or not at this point.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 10:00 - Apr 15 with 1994 viewsCoastalblue

Hopefully we'll be seen as the jewel in the crown ultimately. It would be amazing to have a network of clubs interacting, growing talent, particularly across different cultures but with the carrot being to play for ITFC in England.

Time will tell I guess.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 10:04 - Apr 15 with 1946 viewsMullet

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 09:59 - Apr 15 by SomethingBlue

It's definitely true, the Australian reports along those lines a couple of days ago were legit and Gardner has been liking them on Twitter etc etc. Sounds as if they're pretty likely to pull it off. What they're doing looks very convincing and it's pretty exciting that we're at the heart of it, whether formally or not at this point.

I know I was very snotty about the way clubs like Watford went about it, but I have argued for a sort of feeder team system for us for a long time. Mainly as I felt under Evans it was a smarter way to get more juice from the little squeeze he started giving.

I know Folami isn't the best example, but given the standard and way the seasons run it might be possible to put youth players in medium term loans at American / Australian bases and have them back in time to contribute here too I guess. Something I'd not really considered.

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 10:11 - Apr 15 with 1882 viewsCoastalblue

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 10:04 - Apr 15 by Mullet

I know I was very snotty about the way clubs like Watford went about it, but I have argued for a sort of feeder team system for us for a long time. Mainly as I felt under Evans it was a smarter way to get more juice from the little squeeze he started giving.

I know Folami isn't the best example, but given the standard and way the seasons run it might be possible to put youth players in medium term loans at American / Australian bases and have them back in time to contribute here too I guess. Something I'd not really considered.

Quite an incentive for a youngster too, come join our academy, show a bit of potential and you might get a year in Oz or the States soaking up sunshine and improving.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 10:13 - Apr 15 with 1855 viewsKieran_Knows

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 09:59 - Apr 15 by SomethingBlue

Has all the makings of a City Group style in the future. I'm all for it.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 10:15 - Apr 15 with 1833 viewsMullet

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 10:11 - Apr 15 by Coastalblue

Quite an incentive for a youngster too, come join our academy, show a bit of potential and you might get a year in Oz or the States soaking up sunshine and improving.

It's something I was keen on exploring when the takeover gathered momentum. I was just talking to my mates about it and the City fan obviously compared it to them.

For me, if it means the lads get careers even outside of ITFC that's a big bonus and helps. It won't stop us losing all the cream to Chelsea, Arsenal, City etc. but it will redefine another aspect of how we are run.

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 10:39 - Apr 15 with 1690 viewsSomethingBlue

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 10:13 - Apr 15 by Kieran_Knows

Has all the makings of a City Group style in the future. I'm all for it.

Wouldn't rule it out and when Johnson spoke last week he wouldn't either. Like Mullet I used to be fairly anti that kind of thing but, as has been said so often in the past week, Town have to move with the times. Having tentacles in certain markets gives you a competitive head start in them and in theory means other disadvantages can be bridged; the knowledge sharing involved is a big bonus in itself. Think we are a few years off anything that formal being mooted to be honest, but it's clear we are going to be forging some strong relationships across the globe either way and that's a massive plus.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 10:43 - Apr 15 with 1653 viewsKieran_Knows

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 10:39 - Apr 15 by SomethingBlue

Wouldn't rule it out and when Johnson spoke last week he wouldn't either. Like Mullet I used to be fairly anti that kind of thing but, as has been said so often in the past week, Town have to move with the times. Having tentacles in certain markets gives you a competitive head start in them and in theory means other disadvantages can be bridged; the knowledge sharing involved is a big bonus in itself. Think we are a few years off anything that formal being mooted to be honest, but it's clear we are going to be forging some strong relationships across the globe either way and that's a massive plus.

Most definitely. A lot of moving between the 'group' of players and staff I've seen within the City Group also. Liam Manning (ex Town) went to Lommel SK to be manager. City Womens Manager ended up as assistant manager at NYCFC.

Going to be such an interesting ride!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 11:25 - Apr 15 with 1446 viewsdominiciawful

Paul Mariner's Aussie relatives?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 13:54 - Apr 15 with 1157 viewsJackSted

Feel sorry for the Mariners fans though. Their team is just north of Sydney yet Brett wants to move the whole club to the Gold Coast, some good 8 hours north. I should know as I drove it last year!

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 14:00 - Apr 15 with 1102 viewsGlasgowBlue

2 games and he's already had enough of us

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 15:43 - Apr 15 with 912 viewsJ2BLUE

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 10:00 - Apr 15 by Coastalblue

Hopefully we'll be seen as the jewel in the crown ultimately. It would be amazing to have a network of clubs interacting, growing talent, particularly across different cultures but with the carrot being to play for ITFC in England.

Time will tell I guess.

You'd think with the money in the Prem their target would be having us front and centre.

Works both ways though. If they help us get there then once we're there and the money starts rolling it it will be payback time.

Exciting overall though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 15:53 - Apr 15 with 877 viewsjaykay

Brett Johnson already looking at another club? on 13:54 - Apr 15 by JackSted

Feel sorry for the Mariners fans though. Their team is just north of Sydney yet Brett wants to move the whole club to the Gold Coast, some good 8 hours north. I should know as I drove it last year!

did you have fergal on the back of the moped

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024