Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... 20:33 - Apr 15 with 1390 viewsunstableblue

... when I’ve been less confident of victory ahead of a Saturday.

This feels like a team falling apart, zero confidence, zero goals, and a manager (rightly or wrongly) who is hanging his players out to dry.

I am concerned that the end of this season is not a platform to recruit well or to build a positive morale for next season.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:33 - Apr 15 with 1157 viewsEwan_Oozami

The players are hanging themselves out to dry..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:33 - Apr 15 with 1159 viewschrismakin

Where were you on Tuesday

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:34 - Apr 15 with 1152 viewsWD19

Has all the ingredients for a random spawny win.

That’s what tends to happen when the result doesn’t really matter.
In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:35 - Apr 15 with 1147 viewsIllinoisblue

Really.? Felt like that most games for the last five months.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:37 - Apr 15 with 1128 viewschrismakin

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:34 - Apr 15 by WD19

Has all the ingredients for a random spawny win.

That’s what tends to happen when the result doesn’t really matter.

How embarrassed the seniors would be if it's a town 11 made up for u23s and u18s and it wins to take us back in the playoff mix

yes i know, that probably wont happen

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:40 - Apr 15 with 1108 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We have new owners who will pay some of the best wages in the division, a manager with a proven track record, and a dream to sell.

...we will have no trouble recruiting.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:43 - Apr 15 with 1101 viewsSteve_M

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:35 - Apr 15 by Illinoisblue

Really.? Felt like that most games for the last five months.

Including Hull away where there was zero expectation but a good performance.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:44 - Apr 15 with 1097 viewsitfcjoe

I’m actually going shopping with the missus instead of watching the game, can’t remember last time I’ve voluntarily missed one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:46 - Apr 15 with 1082 viewsunstableblue

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:33 - Apr 15 by chrismakin

Where were you on Tuesday

We’d seen an ‘improved’ performance against MK Dons (from a low bar) and Cook had set it as a must win and most important game of the season - time to step up and be counted.

So yes I expected a win.

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:47 - Apr 15 with 1064 viewsunstableblue

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:44 - Apr 15 by itfcjoe

I’m actually going shopping with the missus instead of watching the game, can’t remember last time I’ve voluntarily missed one

Jesus Joe.... we really are in a dark place

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:48 - Apr 15 with 1049 viewsArnieM

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:33 - Apr 15 by Ewan_Oozami

Oh, I’m CONFIDENT of a defeat ! And almost as CONFIDENT of no Town goals ..

Message for these players ;

Ipswich team for Saturday is 100% a crock of shyte 👎 sooner they all f luck off the better ! They’re a complete disgrace to the Club and not fit to wear OUR Club’s shirt . They’re an Afro to to the name of Ipswich Town FC and all this Club has stood for over the years .

Get out of our club the lot of you

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:49 - Apr 15 with 1047 viewsreusersfreekicks

Relegation season 1994/5, most matches
In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:49 - Apr 15 with 1041 viewssaffers12

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:49 - Apr 15 by reusersfreekicks

Relegation season 1994/5, most matches

I've had big bet on Charlton win
In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 21:01 - Apr 15 with 1000 viewsDarth_Koont

I’ve gone out the other end of pessimism and arrived at extreme optimism.

We’ve got nothing to lose anymore. And like an old wounded tiger, we’re going to f&ck them up on Saturday.

Pronouns: He/Him

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 21:03 - Apr 15 with 993 viewssaffers12

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 21:01 - Apr 15 by Darth_Koont

We’ve got nothing to lose anymore. And like an old wounded tiger, we’re going to f&ck them up on Saturday.

Wounded Skunk

We stink
In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 21:04 - Apr 15 with 980 viewschrismakin

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 21:01 - Apr 15 by Darth_Koont

At what tiddlywinks? I bet even then we'd flick it backwards

[Redacted] on 21:26 - Apr 15 with 939 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 21:33 - Apr 15 with 931 viewsLord_Lucan

Nothing matters about Saturday anymore this season. It was over before it begun.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 21:37 - Apr 15 with 911 viewsunstableblue

Darth - I'll get to where you are 30mins before kick-off

But man we are not in a good place....

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 21:40 - Apr 15 with 883 viewsDarth_Koont

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 21:37 - Apr 15 by unstableblue

Darth - I'll get to where you are 30mins before kick-off

But man we are not in a good place....

Of course not.

But that’s all part of the plan. We’re going to ambush them!

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 22:22 - Apr 15 with 786 viewsIllinoisblue

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:43 - Apr 15 by Steve_M

Including Hull away where there was zero expectation but a good performance.

And truly, it’s not even all about winning; I’d just like us to create more than two chances a game. Or even look like a professional football team that wasn’t just thrown together five minutes before kick off

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 22:47 - Apr 15 with 716 viewsunstableblue

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 21:40 - Apr 15 by Darth_Koont

Of course not.

But that’s all part of the plan. We’re going to ambush them!

Yes Darth, YES,I like it. Like a stealth bomber, or one of those birds that pretends its got a broken wing...

We're giving the illusion that our manager has lost complete confidence in every player bar two or three, that the squad is NOT reacting to the constant pressure and public questioning of quality by falling apart, that the early dismissal of several well liked senior squad members is just a ruse, that is in no way affecting our young players, or that our inability and complete lack of confidence and ideas in attack is a smoke screen for what will be a BARRAGE of goals and chances!

YES I BELIEVE! 3-0... errr Drinan and Norwood hattrick. DRINK!

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 22:55 - Apr 15 with 690 viewsChurchman

They ceased to be a team years ago. They’ve hung themselves out to dry and I’m pleased things are happening about it now rather than waiting for the season to end.

Of course I want us to win at Charlton in their B&Q ground on Saturday, but the job of shifting the deadwood out Is more important. People may as well know where they stand. There will be grief and recriminations I’m sure, claims of being treated badly, did their best, others to blame etc but sorry, they’ve had their chance.
In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 22:55 - Apr 15 with 684 viewsDarth_Koont

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 22:47 - Apr 15 by unstableblue

Yes Darth, YES,I like it. Like a stealth bomber, or one of those birds that pretends its got a broken wing...

We're giving the illusion that our manager has lost complete confidence in every player bar two or three, that the squad is NOT reacting to the constant pressure and public questioning of quality by falling apart, that the early dismissal of several well liked senior squad members is just a ruse, that is in no way affecting our young players, or that our inability and complete lack of confidence and ideas in attack is a smoke screen for what will be a BARRAGE of goals and chances!

YES I BELIEVE! 3-0... errr Drinan and Norwood hattrick. DRINK!

(shhhh)

We’re the worst team ever and we can’t string a pass together. We’re going down on Saturday – it’s just a question of by how many.

(wink)

3-1 to the boys in blue. 😀

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 23:02 - Apr 15 with 667 viewsjeera

In all my years of supporting Town I can’t remember many times.... on 20:33 - Apr 15 by Ewan_Oozami

The only hope is those who are picked are driven by seeing their colleagues being shown the door.

Maybe some self-preservation will finally kick in.

Maybe. Probably not.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024