Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge was by no means the worst 21:33 - Apr 15 with 4247 viewsPowrigan

So hopefully this will lead to a lot more of the deadwood being released or sold.
Judge was by no means the worst on 21:34 - Apr 15 with 3746 viewssaffers12

He did at least try but not effective enough
Judge was by no means the worst on 21:35 - Apr 15 with 3735 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He is in the running for player of the season.

Or to put it another way, aside from Downes and KVY (who haven't played enough to be player of the season), would you be especially sad to see any of our squad leave?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Judge was by no means the worst on 21:36 - Apr 15 with 3724 viewsclive_baker

First of many.

Good job too, this is going to be a clear out like we’ve never seen.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Judge was by no means the worst on 21:40 - Apr 15 with 3670 viewsSParnellx

Absolutely by no means the worst as you say, very unfortunate to have some absolutely awful off field issues, which will have taken a massive toll on his mental state no doubt. The guy is technically capable of so much more, but when you’ve suffered the grief he has it’s never going to be easy to perform.

It’s the right decision for us to let him go, as he too hasn’t shown nearly enough to suggest he can help us climb back up the ladder, but it is a huge shame given he definitely has the ability
Judge was by no means the worst on 21:43 - Apr 15 with 3642 viewschrismakin

Again, we got the right player, but the wrong time, We wanted pre Injury Judge.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Judge was by no means the worst on 21:46 - Apr 15 with 3609 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Judge was by no means the worst on 21:40 - Apr 15 by SParnellx

Absolutely by no means the worst as you say, very unfortunate to have some absolutely awful off field issues, which will have taken a massive toll on his mental state no doubt. The guy is technically capable of so much more, but when you’ve suffered the grief he has it’s never going to be easy to perform.

It’s the right decision for us to let him go, as he too hasn’t shown nearly enough to suggest he can help us climb back up the ladder, but it is a huge shame given he definitely has the ability

Unfortunately we have had far too many players who have not performed with us for whatever reasons. Sometimes I think some of them might have been possible to know in advance with proper research. Whether we did that and decided to take the gamble with many of them or whether we didn't generally check enough who knows?

Let's hope we can start getting players who will perform instead of ones who used to.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Judge was by no means the worst on 21:50 - Apr 15 with 3569 viewsSParnellx

Judge was by no means the worst on 21:46 - Apr 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Unfortunately we have had far too many players who have not performed with us for whatever reasons. Sometimes I think some of them might have been possible to know in advance with proper research. Whether we did that and decided to take the gamble with many of them or whether we didn't generally check enough who knows?

Let's hope we can start getting players who will perform instead of ones who used to.

I think that’s very much possible with some of our recruits. At the end of the day any signing is a gamble, but we should be able to shorten our odds better than we have in the past.
Judge was by no means the worst on 22:22 - Apr 15 with 3377 viewsHARRY10

sold ?
Login to get fewer ads

Judge was by no means the worst on 22:39 - Apr 15 with 3270 viewsPowrigan

Judge was by no means the worst on 22:22 - Apr 15 by HARRY10

sold ?

Am I not allowed to dream?
Judge was by no means the worst on 22:41 - Apr 15 with 3233 viewsHARRY10

Judge was by no means the worst on 22:39 - Apr 15 by Powrigan

Am I not allowed to dream?

as long as you know it will only ever be a dream
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 22:42]
Judge was by no means the worst on 22:41 - Apr 15 with 3231 viewsArnieM

OP: no Judge wasn’t the worst as you say. So given that Cook had dispensed with his services with immediate effect should be sending one hell of a message to the rest of this shower of shyte , because hopefully the rest will follow Judge out the door as sure as day follows night .
They’ve had their chance .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Judge was by no means the worst on 22:45 - Apr 15 with 3195 viewsDarth_Koont

I always liked his energy and ambition. But his off-balance first-time passes didn’t help us.

Oddly enough when he played a deeper role for a game or two I thought he was really good. But in the hustle and bustle of the attack he just added to the chaos.

But I still think he’s a good player with great attributes. Won’t surprise me if he turns up in a promotion-seeking team around this level.

Pronouns: He/Him

Judge was by no means the worst on 22:47 - Apr 15 with 3189 viewsClapham_Junction

Judge was by no means the worst on 21:34 - Apr 15 by saffers12

He did at least try but not effective enough

He had one of the highest effort to effectiveness ratios I've seen in a Town player for a long time. Possibly even higher than Frank Nouble. But while it was great to see him put so much effort in — he tore round the pitch like few other players have in recent years — the almost complete lack of end product when he got the ball was so frustrating, especially when he had clearly been very capable earlier in his career.

As others say, I hope things turn out well for him.
Judge was by no means the worst on 23:08 - Apr 15 with 3109 viewsRadlett_blue

Judge was by no means the worst on 21:43 - Apr 15 by chrismakin

Paul Jewell's Jonathan Douglas.
We should have sold him to QPR but there was a meltdown on this board when that was being considered.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Judge was by no means the worst on 01:12 - Apr 16 with 3008 viewspointofblue

Judge was by no means the worst on 23:08 - Apr 15 by Radlett_blue

Paul Jewell's Jonathan Douglas.
We should have sold him to QPR but there was a meltdown on this board when that was being considered.

Mick McCarthy’s Jonathan Douglas.
Paul Jewell’s equivalent is probably Jimmy Bullard except we did get some decent games out of him whilst he was loan here. As soon as he signed permanently he went to pot.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Judge was by no means the worst on 06:47 - Apr 16 with 2866 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Judge was by no means the worst on 07:05 - Apr 16 with 2808 viewsStewart27

Agree, although there has never been a right time for any player to come to Ipswich post MM.

People say mediocracy has run through the club. That’s being incredibly kind. Mediocracy was finishing 15th under Mick.

It feels like we have hit rock bottom and the dawn of a new era.

I hope.
Judge was by no means the worst on 07:11 - Apr 16 with 2781 viewsjonbull88

Slightly ironic that we in a way have been masters of our own downfall regarding judge 😂
Judge was by no means the worst on 09:08 - Jul 2 with 2318 viewsPowrigan

Judge was by no means the worst on 22:41 - Apr 15 by HARRY10

as long as you know it will only ever be a dream
[Post edited 15 Apr 2021 22:42]

Was just looking over my old posts, and discovered that a dream of mine has come true!!!!
Judge was by no means the worst on 09:12 - Jul 2 with 2281 viewsTractorCam

Judge was by no means the worst on 09:08 - Jul 2 by Powrigan

Was just looking over my old posts, and discovered that a dream of mine has come true!!!!

Still amazed we received actual money for Hawkins and Drinan!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Judge was by no means the worst on 09:13 - Jul 2 with 2269 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Judge was by no means the worst on 09:12 - Jul 2 by TractorCam

Still amazed we received actual money for Hawkins and Drinan!

Only enough to cover their contracts I believe.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Judge was by no means the worst on 09:13 - Jul 2 with 2258 viewswkj

Fitness is the big word here. I really don't think this club had a lot going on in sports science and fitness for a very long time, and it showed with players like Judge and others who mostly peaked early in a season, then slid away.

For all I hated about Lambert, there is at least one thing he was right about in a huge way, and that was his comments about infrastructure. I really hope that one day we get a more in-depth view of what he was trying to say on this matter.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Judge was by no means the worst on 09:18 - Jul 2 with 2219 viewsbluefunk

Judge was by no means the worst on 09:13 - Jul 2 by wkj

Fitness is the big word here. I really don't think this club had a lot going on in sports science and fitness for a very long time, and it showed with players like Judge and others who mostly peaked early in a season, then slid away.

For all I hated about Lambert, there is at least one thing he was right about in a huge way, and that was his comments about infrastructure. I really hope that one day we get a more in-depth view of what he was trying to say on this matter.

Let’s not, that charlatan has been given enough airtime over recent weeks. He’ll say nothing we don’t already know, even if we could get through his impenetrable accent
Judge was by no means the worst on 09:20 - Jul 2 with 2203 viewsArnieM

Judge was by no means the worst on 09:13 - Jul 2 by wkj

Very true . But from memory , Lambert only mentioned the infrastructure when he knew he’d be leaving didn’t he ? Hurst clearly identified the issues very early on and tried to change everything but was a dead man walking from that moment in with players rebelling ( just like they did against Cook), but the main difference was the owners are backing Cook , and Evans as we know wasn’t interested.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Judge was by no means the worst on 09:53 - Jul 2 with 2106 viewswkj

Judge was by no means the worst on 09:20 - Jul 2 by ArnieM

Very true . But from memory , Lambert only mentioned the infrastructure when he knew he’d be leaving didn’t he ? Hurst clearly identified the issues very early on and tried to change everything but was a dead man walking from that moment in with players rebelling ( just like they did against Cook), but the main difference was the owners are backing Cook , and Evans as we know wasn’t interested.

I would like to think he mentioned it at the end as he was trying to be respectful of the situation while gainfully employed. Not trying to exonerate the bloke for being awful, but I'm willing to bet he would have been quite right on his challenge of Evans here.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024