Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Again, don’t shoot the messenger 08:27 - Apr 16 with 9123 viewsParky

I have been told this morning that Luke Chambers has been informed we won’t be taking up the extra year in his contract.

Apparently he is still wanted at the club, and the club are trying to get him in a role somewhere behind the scenes. I guess it will all depend if Chambers still wants to play, even if that be elsewhere.

FWIW, I am just reporting back on what I have been told, this person has been correct in the past.
Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:30 - Apr 16 with 5258 viewsOsborneOneNil

Sensible.
Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:30 - Apr 16 with 5250 viewschicoazul

Yep, heard similar. Surprised to be honest.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:31 - Apr 16 with 5219 viewsGuthrum

Taken all together, I wouldn't say that's very surprising or unlikely news.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:33 - Apr 16 with 5190 viewsMullet

It would make sense in many ways and he can have that Mogga in 2000 type role as a named player for certain scenarios more than when we put Andy Rhodes on the bench.

The abuse and criticism he gets is largely nonsense and unwarranted, but he's not the future and if the price of this takeover is sentimentality then so be it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:37 - Apr 16 with 5108 viewsPablokuqi

His kid in academy too.
Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:38 - Apr 16 with 5097 viewsKieran_Knows

I wonder if we'll keep his registration, just in case he's needed? Obviously with his main role then being behind the scenes.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:39 - Apr 16 with 5052 viewsHerbivore

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:38 - Apr 16 by Kieran_Knows

I wonder if we'll keep his registration, just in case he's needed? Obviously with his main role then being behind the scenes.

Mogga style.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:40 - Apr 16 with 5049 viewsKieran_Knows

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:39 - Apr 16 by Herbivore

Mogga style.

My only concern is that does this now mean Nsiala gets a new deal? I just can't for the life of me see him playing any part in a promotion chasing side, and I'd rather keep Chambers as back up than him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:41 - Apr 16 with 5024 viewsWeekender

Id be surprised if he is ready to hang up his boots entirely. Or even take a role as back up in an emergency.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:42 - Apr 16 with 4996 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:40 - Apr 16 by Kieran_Knows

My only concern is that does this now mean Nsiala gets a new deal? I just can't for the life of me see him playing any part in a promotion chasing side, and I'd rather keep Chambers as back up than him.

Cook knows Nsiala, though, and I assume, knows how to get the best out of him.
Unless of course, it really really is major surgery?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:42 - Apr 16 with 4995 viewsMullet

He has done it once already.

We are only seeing tiny pieces at a time, but it does start pointing to this project being massive for Gamechanger. We may well see eyewatering wages, fees and incentives chucked around to game the league.

More than likely it won't be that extreme, but we are already pointing to being some of the way there.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:45 - Apr 16 with 4879 viewsGuthrum

I disagree about Nsiala. Sure, he isn't a fluid, ball-playing centre back - but then few are at this level. What he is great at is putting himself in the way of shots heading goalward. Think how frequently we hear the words "good block by Toto". That's an important asset.

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:46 - Apr 16 with 4847 viewsJakeITFC

I don't think he's good enough personally, so the right decision for me.

As per the EADT list last night of contracts, I'd look to maybe have the following with * stick around, but wouldn't be devastated if none of them did:

Ipswich Town contracts

Season-long loans

McGuinness, Bennetts, Thomas, Harrop, Parrott, Matheson*

Chambers, Skuse, Ward, Judge, Wilson, Sears, Jackson*, Bishop*, Nsiala, Edwards, Donacien, Drinan, Nydam*, El Mizouni*, Morris, Clements, Gibbs*, Andoh, Hughes
Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:48 - Apr 16 with 4805 viewshype313

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:41 - Apr 16 by Weekender

Id be surprised if he is ready to hang up his boots entirely. Or even take a role as back up in an emergency.

The thing is he's 35 and very settled in the area, if he were to get a gig with a team up north for a season on less money, and he was given a role within the club you would think he would be happier to stay local and keep some sort of involvement at the club.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:48 - Apr 16 with 4762 viewsPinewoodblue

Now Cook has had his hand forced by the Judge situation think it would be best if all the players knew where they stand.

With regards to Chambers registration doubt it could be considered as next season, in League One, you have to name a squad of just twenty player plus anyone else under 21. No room for hanging on to his registration.

Let’s see what happens, personally I dislike leaks of this kind as it underlines the fact there is unrest in the camp.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:51 - Apr 16 with 4700 viewsNthQldITFC

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:45 - Apr 16 by Guthrum

I disagree about Nsiala. Sure, he isn't a fluid, ball-playing centre back - but then few are at this level. What he is great at is putting himself in the way of shots heading goalward. Think how frequently we hear the words "good block by Toto". That's an important asset.

I'm not sure what I think about this. Perhaps you can have a centre back pairing who are operating under different instructions; i.e. one who is told to put his boot through it because he doesn't have the skills to play it out from the back on the whole, and the other who has the remit of getting it down and looking for the ball into a playmaking midfielder.

Don't see why that shouldn't work really, it could even make the team more unpredictable and difficult to play against, although I'd much rather see two solid ball-playing defenders.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:57 - Apr 16 with 4569 viewsSitfcB

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:46 - Apr 16 by JakeITFC

I don't think he's good enough personally, so the right decision for me.

As per the EADT list last night of contracts, I'd look to maybe have the following with * stick around, but wouldn't be devastated if none of them did:

Ipswich Town contracts

Season-long loans

McGuinness, Bennetts, Thomas, Harrop, Parrott, Matheson*

Chambers, Skuse, Ward, Judge, Wilson, Sears, Jackson*, Bishop*, Nsiala, Edwards, Donacien, Drinan, Nydam*, El Mizouni*, Morris, Clements, Gibbs*, Andoh, Hughes

I keep forgetting about Donacien, he’s never been horrific and seems a decent league 1 player. Never really given a good chance here.

A lot of people dismissing Toto but he’s been fine since Cook came in.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:59 - Apr 16 with 4530 viewsSitfcB

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:33 - Apr 16 by Mullet

It would make sense in many ways and he can have that Mogga in 2000 type role as a named player for certain scenarios more than when we put Andy Rhodes on the bench.

The abuse and criticism he gets is largely nonsense and unwarranted, but he's not the future and if the price of this takeover is sentimentality then so be it.

As Marshalls_Mullett would say....

^This

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:59 - Apr 16 with 4523 viewsWeekender

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:48 - Apr 16 by hype313

The thing is he's 35 and very settled in the area, if he were to get a gig with a team up north for a season on less money, and he was given a role within the club you would think he would be happier to stay local and keep some sort of involvement at the club.

Thats a good point. I wonder if he might be tempted with a year at colchester or cambridge say, if it were on offer.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:59 - Apr 16 with 4506 viewsxrayspecs

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:30 - Apr 16 by chicoazul

Yep, heard similar. Surprised to be honest.

Cook is planning a very significant upgrade, not many of the current squad will be here next season.
Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 09:00 - Apr 16 with 4483 viewsStokieBlue

Think this is harsh.

Toto has been decent lately and I think we should keep him for next season. I'd keep him ahead of Chambers who is going to be 36 when the season starts.

Chambers should definitely have a role at the club if he wants one though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 09:01 - Apr 16 with 4473 viewsxrayspecs

We can only register 20 players over the age of 21. No room for him, nor the younger ones like Morris who are 21+ and have not yet made it.
Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 09:01 - Apr 16 with 4461 viewstextbackup

Fully agree, but every team that goes up seem to have that one lump in the team that you never really understand how or why he’s there, and why better wasn’t signed.... maybe Toto is that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 09:01 - Apr 16 with 4455 viewsxrayspecs

No chance - not good enough for a team with our new ambitions
Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 09:02 - Apr 16 with 4427 viewsGuthrum

Again, don’t shoot the messenger on 08:51 - Apr 16 by NthQldITFC

I'm not sure what I think about this. Perhaps you can have a centre back pairing who are operating under different instructions; i.e. one who is told to put his boot through it because he doesn't have the skills to play it out from the back on the whole, and the other who has the remit of getting it down and looking for the ball into a playmaking midfielder.

Don't see why that shouldn't work really, it could even make the team more unpredictable and difficult to play against, although I'd much rather see two solid ball-playing defenders.

For me, the primary job of a CB is to stop the opposition scoring.

They've only become part of the attacking setup because fullbacks have nowadays become ersatz wingers, so aren't around to do their proper job. To the extent that a midfielder or two (who ought to be the ones providing the linkup play) have to drop back into defence to help out.

It's also slavish aping of Prem teams who can afford the quality to play like that. Which you don't often get in League One.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024