Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook is seething... wow... 09:57 - Apr 16 with 3663 viewsKieran_Knows

“Our players are very, very aware of my feelings. If the whole squad didn’t want to come back from Wimbledon the other night, it wouldn’t have bothered me. I’d have got on with the season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:31 - Apr 16 with 877 viewsEwan_Oozami

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:27 - Apr 16 by BlueBadger

Yeah, Hurst did that as well. Look how it ended.

Yes, but the players Hurst was releasing had been good performers for us the previous season...and was it all down to Hurst?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:36 - Apr 16 with 829 viewsjayessess

Quite the soap opera, aren't we?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:38 - Apr 16 with 823 viewsBlueBadger

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:31 - Apr 16 by Ewan_Oozami

Yes, but the players Hurst was releasing had been good performers for us the previous season...and was it all down to Hurst?

As he was the one making the final decisions, yes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:42 - Apr 16 with 794 viewsstonojnr

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:17 - Apr 16 by Parky

We’ve got a new experienced proven manager, we’ve just had a takeover, the club has a structure in place, yes be slightly sceptical but Jesus Christ is there any harm in being positive and optimistic?

Absolutely be positive and optimistic,but dont ignore the risks just because the message you hear is what you like most about it right now.

Hurst did a good demolition job on the squad once too remember and TWTD pundits agreed he brought in too many new players of variable quality in one go who didn't gel and had no pattern of play together, he didn't build a team.

Where is Cook going to get a whole new squad from that works the way he wants and is good enough to get us out of the league upwards?

Burning his bridges with the current squad so soon, even if he continually repeats the line about not throwing players under the bus,it's clear he is, when he will undoubtedly be forced to continue working with some of them whether he likes their attitude or fitness or skill or not is a mistake, how big a mistake might well determine if he is a success or not at the club.

Remember he is only 10 games into his managership and has already used the I don't know how long I'll be Ipswich manager/ how long the new owners trust me in a press conference.

That's kind of stuff Lambert was coming out with in his final 10 games at Town,not within the first 10 games.

We all want the team to be successful,to change to be successful, but I will not be blind to the risks the way Cook is doing things at the moment, just because others like his press conferences more
Cook is seething... wow... on 10:44 - Apr 16 with 784 viewsSteve_M

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:24 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

I don’t mean this in a derogatory way towards Cook but so far he’s been able to hide behind the players. He’ll have nowhere to hide next year.

Indeed, there's an element of shoring up his own position with this reaction too. It is probably the right thing to draw a line under this season but 10 points from 10 games is not a good start.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:45 - Apr 16 with 773 viewsGunnsAirkick

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:00 - Apr 16 by FPL_Tractor

Name checked Norwood too in the "upcoming annoucements" line, which is interesting as he's got a year left.

He is Chopra Mark 2.

Clearly some talent there, but seems more interested in winding fans up on social media.
Cook is seething... wow... on 10:46 - Apr 16 with 770 viewsKieran_Knows

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:44 - Apr 16 by Steve_M

Indeed, there's an element of shoring up his own position with this reaction too. It is probably the right thing to draw a line under this season but 10 points from 10 games is not a good start.

Making a rod for his own back, one could say.

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:47 - Apr 16 with 764 viewstractorboy1978

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:42 - Apr 16 by stonojnr

Absolutely be positive and optimistic,but dont ignore the risks just because the message you hear is what you like most about it right now.

Hurst did a good demolition job on the squad once too remember and TWTD pundits agreed he brought in too many new players of variable quality in one go who didn't gel and had no pattern of play together, he didn't build a team.

Where is Cook going to get a whole new squad from that works the way he wants and is good enough to get us out of the league upwards?

Burning his bridges with the current squad so soon, even if he continually repeats the line about not throwing players under the bus,it's clear he is, when he will undoubtedly be forced to continue working with some of them whether he likes their attitude or fitness or skill or not is a mistake, how big a mistake might well determine if he is a success or not at the club.

Remember he is only 10 games into his managership and has already used the I don't know how long I'll be Ipswich manager/ how long the new owners trust me in a press conference.

That's kind of stuff Lambert was coming out with in his final 10 games at Town,not within the first 10 games.

We all want the team to be successful,to change to be successful, but I will not be blind to the risks the way Cook is doing things at the moment, just because others like his press conferences more

You have no idea what is coming this summer.

I should add, he pretty much rebuilt Wigan and Portsmouth in one window and then went and won the league the following season. So he has form for it.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 10:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:48 - Apr 16 with 754 viewsSomethingBlue

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:46 - Apr 16 by Kieran_Knows

Making a rod for his own back, one could say.

Fair to say he's got one shot at it this summer — stakes are very high for us and also for him.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:50 - Apr 16 with 738 viewsKieran_Knows

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:48 - Apr 16 by SomethingBlue

Fair to say he's got one shot at it this summer — stakes are very high for us and also for him.

Very much so, especially with the money that is going to be poured in. It'll be a lot of money, spent on 'his' players. It's win the League or nothing next season, I feel. Needs to start well.

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:57 - Apr 16 with 701 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:00 - Apr 16 by FPL_Tractor

Name checked Norwood too in the "upcoming annoucements" line, which is interesting as he's got a year left.

Was just about to post about this, found it a little strange. We have an option on him so might trigger that a year early of he wants to keep him?

Speaking generally, what’s Cook’s history like in the transfer market? Are his success and promotions usually based on inherited squads or where he has brought in new talent?
Cook is seething... wow... on 10:58 - Apr 16 with 696 viewsSteve_M

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:50 - Apr 16 by Kieran_Knows

Very much so, especially with the money that is going to be poured in. It'll be a lot of money, spent on 'his' players. It's win the League or nothing next season, I feel. Needs to start well.

I think we have demonstrated over the last two seasons that having better players is likely to lead to a decent start. If the fitness is where Cook wants us to be then it all gets a bit easier to maintain that.

I think the key is getting the players we want, or most of them at least, in early. We didn't do that with Hurst and, Norwood aside, didn't really do that with PL either.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024