Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook is seething... wow... 09:57 - Apr 16 with 3659 viewsKieran_Knows

“Our players are very, very aware of my feelings. If the whole squad didn’t want to come back from Wimbledon the other night, it wouldn’t have bothered me. I’d have got on with the season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cook is seething... wow... on 09:59 - Apr 16 with 2728 viewspointofblue

And presumably this is from this morning’s press conference so he’s had over 60 hours to calm down.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:00 - Apr 16 with 2703 viewsFPL_Tractor

Name checked Norwood too in the "upcoming annoucements" line, which is interesting as he's got a year left.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:06 - Apr 16 with 2592 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I smiled all the way through reading the article. These players have had an easy ride for far too long, which was demonstrated fantastically on Tuesday night with some maniacs trying to blame Paul Cook.

Get rid of the lot.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:07 - Apr 16 with 2569 viewsParky

I can’t help but love Cook, he absolutely gets it. He knows exactly how we’re feeling as fans, and what we’ve had to put up with over the years.

I might be wrong, but I’ll stick my neck on the line and say he is definitely the man to turn our fortunes around.
Cook is seething... wow... on 10:10 - Apr 16 with 2525 viewsHerbivore

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:07 - Apr 16 by Parky

I can’t help but love Cook, he absolutely gets it. He knows exactly how we’re feeling as fans, and what we’ve had to put up with over the years.

I might be wrong, but I’ll stick my neck on the line and say he is definitely the man to turn our fortunes around.

Let's wait and see how things go over the summer and into next season. Your post made me shudder as it's remarkably similar to what people were saying about Lambert.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:11 - Apr 16 with 2493 viewshype313

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:10 - Apr 16 by Herbivore

Let's wait and see how things go over the summer and into next season. Your post made me shudder as it's remarkably similar to what people were saying about Lambert.

Yeah, but where's the free beer?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:12 - Apr 16 with 2478 viewspointofblue

And Hurst.

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:12 - Apr 16 with 2479 viewslongtimefan

...... and Hurst
Login to get fewer ads

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:13 - Apr 16 with 2456 viewsParky

That is a fair point, I can’t help but being excited again though.

All the rubbish we’ve been through in the last few years almost sucked it all out of me. So either way, at least I’ve got my optimism and hope back.
Cook is seething... wow... on 10:14 - Apr 16 with 2432 viewsSuperCoops

Have to say, I hate the expression that "he gets it". This place was flooded with it when Lambert started and how much did that come back to bite us in the backside? I cringe when I think of it and hear it said now.
Cook is seething... wow... on 10:14 - Apr 16 with 2413 viewsclive_baker

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:07 - Apr 16 by Parky

Oh god, the dreaded 'he gets it'.

In all seriousness, the difference is he's seemingly doing something about it. Lambert had the opportunity and he rewarded the players with extensions.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:17 - Apr 16 with 2375 viewsParky

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:14 - Apr 16 by SuperCoops

Have to say, I hate the expression that "he gets it". This place was flooded with it when Lambert started and how much did that come back to bite us in the backside? I cringe when I think of it and hear it said now.

We’ve got a new experienced proven manager, we’ve just had a takeover, the club has a structure in place, yes be slightly sceptical but Jesus Christ is there any harm in being positive and optimistic?
Cook is seething... wow... on 10:18 - Apr 16 with 2344 viewsMrTown

He's going to be very very good for this football club. I stand with him 100%.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:18 - Apr 16 with 2342 viewsSomethingBlue

Good. He is going to need to get the next few weeks absolutely spot on, I'd say that, but it's about time someone took a wrecking ball to the place.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:19 - Apr 16 with 2306 viewsMookamoo

But is it different now we have the CEO and the management structure in place above him?
Cook is seething... wow... on 10:21 - Apr 16 with 2256 viewsHerbivore

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:19 - Apr 16 by Mookamoo

But is it different now we have the CEO and the management structure in place above him?

We don't know yet is the simple answer to that. I just find the "he just gets it" stuff really cringey. Lambert said the right things when he came in too but ended up being hopeless. I'm confident Cook will be a success but let's wait to see some actual evidence that he will before we get too excited. So far on the pitch it's been a huge disappointment.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:23 - Apr 16 with 2206 viewsBlueBadger

In tribute to the Free Beers and Improved Football era, I'll say now what I said then to echo your words.

He's certainly saying all the right things at the moment, but let's see what he actually DOES before we break out the embarrassing banners of 80's action heroes and renditions of 'Two Little Birds'.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 11:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:24 - Apr 16 with 2204 viewsMrTown

"we don’t put crosses in the box, we don’t create chances, we don’t defend well, we don’t defend set pieces well, we don’t retain possession of the ball, we’re not very fit, we’re not very athletic. You can write a list of what we’re not really good at."

He can't trust these players, I think only Flynn Downes in this group he could put his arm around and say "you are with me going forward".

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:24 - Apr 16 with 2199 viewspointofblue

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:21 - Apr 16 by Herbivore

We don't know yet is the simple answer to that. I just find the "he just gets it" stuff really cringey. Lambert said the right things when he came in too but ended up being hopeless. I'm confident Cook will be a success but let's wait to see some actual evidence that he will before we get too excited. So far on the pitch it's been a huge disappointment.

I don’t mean this in a derogatory way towards Cook but so far he’s been able to hide behind the players. He’ll have nowhere to hide next year.

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:26 - Apr 16 with 2164 viewsclive_baker

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:18 - Apr 16 by MrTown

He's going to be very very good for this football club. I stand with him 100%.

I would be inclined to agree. He's got a mammoth task on his hands over the next 2 months to completely reshape this squad. The timing of the contracts expiring is timely, and really gives him that blank piece of paper to work from now. You would assume the new owners will provide him with all the tools to do the job by way of a competitive budget and team around him. I just hope our fans back him too and see past the tail end of this season, which really isn't a fair test. I hope we get back into PR in our numbers when it's safe to do so and we give him and the new team all the opportunity to get it right.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:26 - Apr 16 with 2164 viewsSParnellx

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:14 - Apr 16 by SuperCoops

To be fair, I think the context has to be taken into account.

Cook has already begun acting on his word by releasing players for a start, which gives the 'he gets it' line more credibility because he's already taking action.
Cook is seething... wow... on 10:27 - Apr 16 with 2133 viewsBlueBadger

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:26 - Apr 16 by SParnellx

To be fair, I think the context has to be taken into account.

Cook has already begun acting on his word by releasing players for a start, which gives the 'he gets it' line more credibility because he's already taking action.

Yeah, Hurst did that as well. Look how it ended.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:29 - Apr 16 with 2091 viewsfloridaboy

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:24 - Apr 16 by MrTown

"we don’t put crosses in the box, we don’t create chances, we don’t defend well, we don’t defend set pieces well, we don’t retain possession of the ball, we’re not very fit, we’re not very athletic. You can write a list of what we’re not really good at."

He can't trust these players, I think only Flynn Downes in this group he could put his arm around and say "you are with me going forward".

It was the lack of fitness that stuck out from the interview. What on earth was the last manager and his coaches doing with those players. Sitting in the gym eating cake!!

Cook did say the other week that the players were not able to complete double training over 3 days. Lasted only 1 day I think he said.

Need a clean sweep. And that means the likes of Chambers and Skuse as well. Wonder how much influence those two had in the dressing room prior to Cook coming in!!
Cook is seething... wow... on 10:29 - Apr 16 with 2086 viewsKieran_Knows

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:24 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

I don’t mean this in a derogatory way towards Cook but so far he’s been able to hide behind the players. He’ll have nowhere to hide next year.

You're right, and that's probably my one concern for him. He's going to be backed considerably this summer (and it will be big money) and it'll be his side. He will HAVE to get a tune out of them come the start of the season.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 10:30]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:30 - Apr 16 with 2075 viewsParky

Cook is seething... wow... on 10:21 - Apr 16 by Herbivore

Each to their own, but I don’t agree with that sentiment.

Why wait until somebody has ‘evidenced he’s a success’ before being optimistic and hopeful? As I said above, we’ve put up and been handed absolute sh!t for years now, we have a new manager, new owners and a new structure in place.

If you aren’t allowed to be excited about that, what’s the point?

Yes it might all go down the sh!tter and I will look silly for showing support on a football forum, but who cares?

As I say I’m not looking for an argument or debate as people are entitled to feel how they like, but for me, I’m certainly excited and also think Paul Cook gets it however cringey it may be for you.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 10:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024