Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure about Cooks latest statement... 10:26 - Apr 16 with 3637 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

..I don't disagree with the sentiment, but the comments on Roberts' opinions are odd.

If I was a player, I'm not sure how I would take that kind of criticism from a rookie coach who had a journeyman career.

...bring on the summer, the rest of this season will be painful.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:27 - Apr 16 with 2743 viewsTractorCam

Not wrong though is he?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:28 - Apr 16 with 2700 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:27 - Apr 16 by TractorCam

Not wrong though is he?

Nope.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:29 - Apr 16 with 2691 viewsColin_Viljoen

Gary Roberts may need to get his boots out the way we are going!
Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:29 - Apr 16 with 2673 viewsJakeITFC

I think the point is he doesn't care what any of them think because they are all going.

An open invitation for the last six weeks of the season for players to show they want to be here, and if they don't then the door is wide open.
Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:29 - Apr 16 with 2674 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:29 - Apr 16 by Colin_Viljoen

Gary Roberts may need to get his boots out the way we are going!

...and Cook.

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:30 - Apr 16 with 2673 viewspointofblue

There was one line in the interview which I expected to hear early on...

“What we’re saying to our lads now is ‘someone please step up to the plate, anyone, whoever wants to step up to the plate to be here and stay with us in the future, for years or months or days that we’re here’.

Those who are picked are now fighting for their futures - that should have been obvious from the start but Cook has at least come out and said it.

Cook: Gary's Disappointed With the Quality of Player We Have in the Building 16th Apr 2021 10:13
Boss Paul Cook listed the aspects of Town’s play that he and assistant Gary Roberts have found frustrating in their first six weeks at Portman Road, and it was a pretty damning assessment. 40

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:30 - Apr 16 with 2666 viewsSomethingBlue

It is clearly Cook's opinion too.

Roberts is the assistant coach and someone the players report into, therefore his view is massively valid. If our players can't take that then it's even more reason to turf the lot of them out.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:30 - Apr 16 with 2660 viewsjayessess

Gary's played in a successful Championship team more recently than any of the players have. He also helped a team win this league at a canter.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 10:31]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:30 - Apr 16 with 2657 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:29 - Apr 16 by JakeITFC

I think the point is he doesn't care what any of them think because they are all going.

An open invitation for the last six weeks of the season for players to show they want to be here, and if they don't then the door is wide open.

A test of character I guess.

I hope it works.

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:30 - Apr 16 with 2656 viewsMrTown

Gary Roberts had a more successful career than any player in this squad.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 10:30]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:31 - Apr 16 with 2605 viewspointofblue

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:30 - Apr 16 by MrTown

Gary Roberts had a more successful career than any player in this squad.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 10:30]

Other than Judge probably. At their respective peaks a Judge was a far better player than Roberts.

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:34 - Apr 16 with 2547 viewsIpswichKnight

Every time one of our players takes a set piece a solitary tear runs down Gary Roberts face so bad are they that even now he could whip them in far better than any of our lot.
Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:37 - Apr 16 with 2484 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It is a bit weird to say it - but that's just because I think we're so used to the political approach Mick/Lambert used to pull and just be like 'We were so good' and 'couldn't ask for any more' etc.

Cook is clearly furious and at this point it would be a surprise if anyone stays.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:39 - Apr 16 with 2457 viewsMrTown

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:31 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

Other than Judge probably. At their respective peaks a Judge was a far better player than Roberts.

Not convinced there was much in them. But as a career, Roberts had the better.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:40 - Apr 16 with 2456 viewsmonty_radio

Cook has brought a different tone into the club. Granted it would wear thin without eventual improvement, but, as things stand, it's a note that is being picked up by a coach whom Cook himself wanted. It's something we've not heard before really (actually though not so different from Hurst who lacked the charm or the track record to pull it off). Even Mick kept the tent door firmly zipped up.

As I say, it's not a tack you can repeat endlessly without results, but given the large comfort blanket that extended over Playford Rd (latterly singed at the edges!) it's something that neglected fans can sit up and take notice of feeling that at last we have people who care as much as we do.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:40 - Apr 16 with 2453 viewspointofblue

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:37 - Apr 16 by JammyDodgerrr

It is a bit weird to say it - but that's just because I think we're so used to the political approach Mick/Lambert used to pull and just be like 'We were so good' and 'couldn't ask for any more' etc.

Cook is clearly furious and at this point it would be a surprise if anyone stays.

Minus Downes. I’ll be amazed if we get rid of him because Cook deems him surplus to requirements.

Anyone else wouldn’t shock me at all. I’ll be sad about some but not shocked.

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:44 - Apr 16 with 2384 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:40 - Apr 16 by monty_radio

Cook has brought a different tone into the club. Granted it would wear thin without eventual improvement, but, as things stand, it's a note that is being picked up by a coach whom Cook himself wanted. It's something we've not heard before really (actually though not so different from Hurst who lacked the charm or the track record to pull it off). Even Mick kept the tent door firmly zipped up.

As I say, it's not a tack you can repeat endlessly without results, but given the large comfort blanket that extended over Playford Rd (latterly singed at the edges!) it's something that neglected fans can sit up and take notice of feeling that at last we have people who care as much as we do.

I don't mind it and hope it works, I guess we just have to get to the end of the season for a fresh start.

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:45 - Apr 16 with 2370 viewsjayessess

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:40 - Apr 16 by monty_radio

It's pretty astonishing from any football manager really. I don't think I've seen a manager go off like this before.

Fairly unique circumstances allow for it, but still extraordinary.

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:55 - Apr 16 with 2285 viewsBluespeed225

Best words to come out of the Club in years. Club needs an enema, well it’s getting one, and then people come on here and are all ‘ooh, the players might be offended’. Good, hope they are. They are part of the modern way of not being told they’re rubbish in case it hurts their feelings. Well, buckle up, you want a successful football club to follow, this is how it starts. Even dear old Sir Bob, for all his charm, was a tough cookie, physically with dressing room fisticuffs, and then practically when knowing Hunter and Beattie needed replacing etc.
Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:58 - Apr 16 with 2245 viewssouthnorfolkblue

It takes a journeyman to know a journeyman...

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 11:56 - Apr 16 with 2150 viewsAlanG296

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:55 - Apr 16 by Bluespeed225

Best words to come out of the Club in years. Club needs an enema, well it’s getting one, and then people come on here and are all ‘ooh, the players might be offended’. Good, hope they are. They are part of the modern way of not being told they’re rubbish in case it hurts their feelings. Well, buckle up, you want a successful football club to follow, this is how it starts. Even dear old Sir Bob, for all his charm, was a tough cookie, physically with dressing room fisticuffs, and then practically when knowing Hunter and Beattie needed replacing etc.

Hope the "players" are offended. I've been regularly offended by most players' performances for a long while.
Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 12:10 - Apr 16 with 2099 viewsmonty_radio

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:45 - Apr 16 by jayessess

It's pretty astonishing from any football manager really. I don't think I've seen a manager go off like this before.

Fairly unique circumstances allow for it, but still extraordinary.

Indeed. I don't know if Cook would still be saying such things in more stable circumstances, but at the moment, apart from O'Leary, he's the only one with his feet under the table, so to speak. That being so, he has nothing to lose (beyond a play-off place that none of us believes is possible anyway). If he wants to set his stall out, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 12:20 - Apr 16 with 2040 viewsSE1blue

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 10:30 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

There was one line in the interview which I expected to hear early on...

“What we’re saying to our lads now is ‘someone please step up to the plate, anyone, whoever wants to step up to the plate to be here and stay with us in the future, for years or months or days that we’re here’.

Those who are picked are now fighting for their futures - that should have been obvious from the start but Cook has at least come out and said it.

Cook: Gary's Disappointed With the Quality of Player We Have in the Building 16th Apr 2021 10:13
Boss Paul Cook listed the aspects of Town’s play that he and assistant Gary Roberts have found frustrating in their first six weeks at Portman Road, and it was a pretty damning assessment. 40

Anyone else worried that certain players might raise their game and fool their way into a new contract?

<cough> Frederick Sears <cough>

I am 100% with Cook in what needed to be said and it’s been a very long time coming for some of our players.

I hope it happens behind closed doors now and he does do it with class as promised.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 12:28 - Apr 16 with 1971 viewsjayessess

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 12:20 - Apr 16 by SE1blue

Anyone else worried that certain players might raise their game and fool their way into a new contract?

I am 100% with Cook in what needed to be said and it’s been a very long time coming for some of our players.

I hope it happens behind closed doors now and he does do it with class as promised.

if they were going to they would've done by now

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 12:33 - Apr 16 with 1937 viewshype313

Not sure about Cooks latest statement... on 12:20 - Apr 16 by SE1blue

Nope, far too late for any of them, if they do play well then it will only be for their own benefit and career progression.

If they haven't performed for years and then suddenly play well over the course of 6 games then that will confirm Cooks suspicions.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024