Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The one thing which does bug me about Cook... 10:58 - Apr 16 with 2555 viewspointofblue

Him saying he’s not going to be negative or critical of the players and then going ahead and doing just that.

Fine if he wants to do it but at least be honest about it. It’s almost like he doesn’t realise what he’s saying or how it’s coming across.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:00 - Apr 16 with 2273 viewsfloridaboy

Probably the other night was the final straw. He has been very good at protecting the players since he came in. Wimbledon was the game that tipped him over the edge - and rightly so!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 11:02]
The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:00 - Apr 16 with 2260 viewscrossyitfc

I thought this too
The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:01 - Apr 16 with 2239 viewsSimonds92

I think he's saying he's not going to dig players out individually but clearly as a team / squad they've been nowhere near good enough. We have too many soft touches / losers within our club as a whole, including players and supporters. (To clarify, I don't mean losers as in the nerd type)
The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:02 - Apr 16 with 2223 viewsFixed_It

I think he means he's not going to single individuals out publicly. But he is spot on with his general criticism.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:04 - Apr 16 with 2191 viewsKieran_Knows

My only criticism at the moment is he's making a rod for his own back. He HAS to get it right next season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:04 - Apr 16 with 2182 viewsjayessess

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:02 - Apr 16 by Fixed_It

I think he means he's not going to single individuals out publicly. But he is spot on with his general criticism.

He talked a lot about "the 18" from Tuesday, which, presumably he doesn't actually mean (Cornell and McGuinness didn't even play) but avoids naming anyone.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:06 - Apr 16 with 2154 viewsPinewoodblue

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:02 - Apr 16 by Fixed_It

Won’t the end of season list of shame ( released players) name each and every player he is effectively calling out.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Maybe he gave them a chance to prove him wrong on 11:22 - Apr 16 with 2047 viewsBelsteadCav

This is the worst team in the clubs history

I’m glad he’s come out and said it

F**k those bunch of losers

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Login to get fewer ads

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:28 - Apr 16 with 2006 viewsjayessess

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:04 - Apr 16 by Kieran_Knows

My only criticism at the moment is he's making a rod for his own back. He HAS to get it right next season.

He has to anyway. This isn't Evans any more, we aren't going to be giving 5 year contracts out to managers who perform massively under budget.

If anything he's actually inoculating himself against accusations that he's responsible for the poor end to this season. "Not my fault, Mike, these players were terrible".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:37 - Apr 16 with 1937 viewsStewart27

He has to and I’m pleased he is.

It can’t always be about next season for us any more.
The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:40 - Apr 16 with 1906 viewsnodge_blue

But he's not singling players out. I think thats the difference. He's just saying collectively its not good enough.

And boy isn't it refreshing to hear.

This isn't a cosy life boys. You get paid to win us football matches and entertain us.

Are you not entertained?

No we bl00dy aren't.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:50 - Apr 16 with 1872 viewsBlueBadger

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:37 - Apr 16 by Stewart27

He has to and I’m pleased he is.

It can’t always be about next season for us any more.

Absolutely.

No more 'free hits' and cries of 'we go again'. This is what Lambert should have been doing from February onwards in 2019.
Possibly the chants of ':Lambo is a blue' and Bob Marley songs made him forget to do that.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 11:51]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:56 - Apr 16 with 1833 viewswkj

So far I've not seen him criticising any players - just those making a living by pretending to be players.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 12:19 - Apr 16 with 1771 viewsfloridaboy

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:56 - Apr 16 by wkj

So far I've not seen him criticising any players - just those making a living by pretending to be players.

Agree. Also think Ashton and O'Leary will be standing shoulder to shoulder with Cook as well.

They will be getting stuck in.. Those poor players wont know what has hit them.
The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 12:56 - Apr 16 with 1698 viewsKeaneish

He's talking about the squad collectively as a team, not specific individuals. He reiterates that over and over again.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 12:57 - Apr 16 with 1695 viewsIllinoisblue

His comments the last couple of weeks is basically him saying “Lambert Lambert you’re a c**t”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Maybe he gave them a chance to prove him wrong on 13:11 - Apr 16 with 1645 viewsIllinoisblue

Maybe he gave them a chance to prove him wrong on 11:22 - Apr 16 by BelsteadCav

This is the worst team in the clubs history

I’m glad he’s come out and said it

F**k those bunch of losers

This and this again. Fook em all. Literally not fit to wear the shirt

62 - 78 - 81

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 13:14 - Apr 16 with 1627 viewsSharkey

The speech was kind of two speeches in one. Most of the comments below the story treat it as Cook saying 'I'm demolition man, now watch me get demolishing', - which IS how it finished. But it actually started with 'Of course you guys (media/social media) are going to PORTRAY me as demolition man, and every whisper is going to be turned into a major bust-up, but actually I'm going to be treating everybody with decency and good manners ".
The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 13:22 - Apr 16 with 1579 viewsChurchman

With the new owners, he had to get it right next season anyway. Regardless, with the serial decline over the years and where we are, he was never going to get the same easy ride Lambert got and that’s a good thing. He’s certainly nailed his colours to the mast, but let’s be honest the abject attitude and meagre efforts of the players have brought this on themselves.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 13:33]
The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 13:31 - Apr 16 with 1536 viewsIllinoisblue

Good. Making some accountability for himself. A refreshing change

62 - 78 - 81

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 13:36 - Apr 16 with 1502 viewsreusersfreekicks

Feels a bit baby with the bathwater. Can't believe all the players have such a poor attitude ethos
The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 15:15 - Apr 16 with 1411 viewsbluefunk

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 13:36 - Apr 16 by reusersfreekicks

Feels a bit baby with the bathwater. Can't believe all the players have such a poor attitude ethos

Which first team regulars have shown you that they have the right attitude and ethos, beyond Downes
The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 15:41 - Apr 16 with 1347 viewsdirtyboy

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 11:01 - Apr 16 by Simonds92

I think he's saying he's not going to dig players out individually but clearly as a team / squad they've been nowhere near good enough. We have too many soft touches / losers within our club as a whole, including players and supporters. (To clarify, I don't mean losers as in the nerd type)

I don't like the term nerd I prefer "smarter than you"
The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 15:41 - Apr 16 with 1344 viewsitfcjoe

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 15:15 - Apr 16 by bluefunk

Which first team regulars have shown you that they have the right attitude and ethos, beyond Downes

Downes who handed a transfer request in the summer, who then got injured tackling like an idiot and seemingly trying to get himself sent off at MK, was lucky not to get an early bath at Posh for a poor tackle, and then subsequently talked himself into a red card v Northampton?

I like Downes as a player, and he is going to be vital to us going forwards - but he’s hardly covered himself in glory this season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The one thing which does bug me about Cook... on 15:42 - Apr 16 with 1336 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, seems to be loading too much unnecessary pressure on to his shoulders

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024