Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? 11:27 - Apr 16 with 1648 viewsnoggin

I've been plagued by it for years but drinking seemed to ease it, ironically. Now that I am sober, it's every bloody night and I often don't sleep until after 4 am. I'm thinking a double amputation would be easier than living with this.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 11:30 - Apr 16 with 1626 viewsEwan_Oozami

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 11:32 - Apr 16 with 1600 viewsPhilTWTD

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 11:30 - Apr 16 by Ewan_Oozami

Beat me to it!
Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 11:46 - Apr 16 with 1546 viewshype313

Eliminate salt from your diet.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 11:52 - Apr 16 with 1530 viewsCoastalblue

I used to suffer terribly a few years ago, it's horrible I really feel for you. Mine actually used to be at it's worst if I had a couple of drinks, the option being none or lots. Never a good choice for me to make with booze.

I've not suffered much in a long while, not really thought about it but in hindsight I think it probably stopped around the time I quit smoking.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 11:52 - Apr 16 with 1531 viewsKropotkin123

Just running my mind here. Primary advise is see a doctor.

But in terms of your own consideration... Are you getting enough exercise? If you need regular low-level exercise, consider whether getting a dog may be a positive addition to your life and the changes you want to make.

Are you eating well? Just looked it up and iron is meant to be a factor. So were the drinks you had high in iron? Some are... May be worth looking into that.

Sometimes these things are genetic. So it maybe something you have to manage with the above that never truly goes away.

As I said though, speak with a doctor. The NHS is there to improve your life in situations like this.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:01 - Apr 16 with 1500 viewsnoggin

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 11:52 - Apr 16 by Kropotkin123

Just running my mind here. Primary advise is see a doctor.

But in terms of your own consideration... Are you getting enough exercise? If you need regular low-level exercise, consider whether getting a dog may be a positive addition to your life and the changes you want to make.

Are you eating well? Just looked it up and iron is meant to be a factor. So were the drinks you had high in iron? Some are... May be worth looking into that.

Sometimes these things are genetic. So it maybe something you have to manage with the above that never truly goes away.

As I said though, speak with a doctor. The NHS is there to improve your life in situations like this.

Thanks. I have an appointment on Monday so will mention it then. All my bloods have been normal recently and I exercise every day.

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:04 - Apr 16 with 1491 viewsnoggin

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 11:52 - Apr 16 by Coastalblue

I used to suffer terribly a few years ago, it's horrible I really feel for you. Mine actually used to be at it's worst if I had a couple of drinks, the option being none or lots. Never a good choice for me to make with booze.

I've not suffered much in a long while, not really thought about it but in hindsight I think it probably stopped around the time I quit smoking.

Yeah, I guess I chose lots most days, hence being on the wagon now. It really is a horrible condition and the lack of sleep does nothing for my mental health.

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:06 - Apr 16 with 1491 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

I can sympathise with you Noggin and to be fair the NHS website gives a good run down of what can be done. It varies from person to person of course.
The one that worked for me was raising the foot of the bed. I just placed a couple of paperbacks under each leg a couple of years ago and yep it did the trick.
Read the website though, it is helpful and hope it improves soon - it's damn painful I know.
Login to get fewer ads

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:10 - Apr 16 with 1471 viewsnoggin

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:06 - Apr 16 by Timefliesbyintheblue

I can sympathise with you Noggin and to be fair the NHS website gives a good run down of what can be done. It varies from person to person of course.
The one that worked for me was raising the foot of the bed. I just placed a couple of paperbacks under each leg a couple of years ago and yep it did the trick.
Read the website though, it is helpful and hope it improves soon - it's damn painful I know.

Thanks. Mine isn't painful as such, just very uncomfortable. It's like a weak electrical pulse from my knee, down into my foot. The only way to stop it is to get up and walk around.

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:11 - Apr 16 with 1461 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

No sympathy from Uncle Greg
Nor indeed from Aunty Meg
Well thank God I'm not Jake the Peg
With an extra restless leg

Love Half Man Half Biscuit - whoever penned the lyric above should be made Poet Laureate.
Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:22 - Apr 16 with 1428 viewsblueprint

I’ve had it from time to time but not for a while. Not the worst ailment but bloody frustrating especially if you’re trying to sleep .
Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:27 - Apr 16 with 1414 viewsDanTheMan

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:22 - Apr 16 by blueprint

I’ve had it from time to time but not for a while. Not the worst ailment but bloody frustrating especially if you’re trying to sleep .

I think anything that stops you getting rest is pretty damn bad.

Noggin, I suffered with it but had to see a doctor. It might be related to anxiety and you end up in a bit of a spiral as you're anxious about trying to get to sleep because you know your leg(s) are going to be restless.

I think they gave me some amitriptyline at the time which helped a little.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 12:29]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:32 - Apr 16 with 1399 viewsnoggin

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:27 - Apr 16 by DanTheMan

I think anything that stops you getting rest is pretty damn bad.

Noggin, I suffered with it but had to see a doctor. It might be related to anxiety and you end up in a bit of a spiral as you're anxious about trying to get to sleep because you know your leg(s) are going to be restless.

I think they gave me some amitriptyline at the time which helped a little.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 12:29]

I am definitely anxious about it and that probably makes things much worse. I wouldn't mind if it was occasionally but it's every night. The lack of sleep is making me clumsy and irritable. Hopefully the doctor can find a cure for me.

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:35 - Apr 16 with 1383 viewsDanTheMan

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:32 - Apr 16 by noggin

I am definitely anxious about it and that probably makes things much worse. I wouldn't mind if it was occasionally but it's every night. The lack of sleep is making me clumsy and irritable. Hopefully the doctor can find a cure for me.

I've been there, not with RLS but with anxiety about sleeping and you're right, it does just make things worse.

But yeah, think the Doctor is going to be best here.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:40 - Apr 16 with 1367 viewshype313

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 12:35 - Apr 16 by DanTheMan

I've been there, not with RLS but with anxiety about sleeping and you're right, it does just make things worse.

But yeah, think the Doctor is going to be best here.

I've had issues with Tinnitus and Anxiety in the past, lockdown has compounded it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 14:06 - Apr 16 with 1282 viewsCaptainAhab

Fellow sufferer here, have you tried Magnesium supplements?
I don't get it as bad as you by the sounds of it, normally when I'm very tired (which is horribly ironic when it stops you sleeping) and if I have a few days off the booze I seem to get it more, which is quite troubling given what you say.
Someone suggested to me that it might be caused by Magnesium deficiency though, so I often take Magnesium tablets, or even better magnesium to dissolve in a glass of water and this really seems to help. My mum also suffers from it and after I recommended it to her she's now moved on to some sort of magnesium spray which is applied to the affected area. She swears by it, doesn't really work for me though as I often get restless "body" rather than just leg, and I'd go through a lot of spray!
Anyway, worth a try I'd have thought?
Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 14:22 - Apr 16 with 1259 viewswaspsforever1

Hi noggin. I used. To get this and found it was related to caffeine Used to get it in the evening on the sofa and found if I had a coffee it would stop. Now only have a coffee first thing in morning and it’s stopped the twitching was like withdrawal symptoms.
Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 14:29 - Apr 16 with 1250 viewsKropotkin123

Ayone else here suffer with Restless Leg Syndrome? on 14:06 - Apr 16 by CaptainAhab

Fellow sufferer here, have you tried Magnesium supplements?
I don't get it as bad as you by the sounds of it, normally when I'm very tired (which is horribly ironic when it stops you sleeping) and if I have a few days off the booze I seem to get it more, which is quite troubling given what you say.
Someone suggested to me that it might be caused by Magnesium deficiency though, so I often take Magnesium tablets, or even better magnesium to dissolve in a glass of water and this really seems to help. My mum also suffers from it and after I recommended it to her she's now moved on to some sort of magnesium spray which is applied to the affected area. She swears by it, doesn't really work for me though as I often get restless "body" rather than just leg, and I'd go through a lot of spray!
Anyway, worth a try I'd have thought?

I'd be very weary of taking supplements, particularly if they are just recommended by "someone". If you really think you are deficient, to the point you need supplements, in addition to natural intact via food and water, then I'd recommend getting a blood test and discussing it with your doctor.

You could be doing yourself damage by consuming too much of a particular vitamin or mineral. And the placebo effect can really cause long-term issues here.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024